Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I've made up my mind - I'm sticking 100% to protocol but will start weaning in alternate products - I just can't keep spending the $ on IP products - I'm a pretty boring eater so if I find the right products and stick to them I should be okay - I'm not sure if I mentioned that I bought a condo and take possession of it May 16 & move in on the 17th - I've started purging my apartment and have started packing what I don't use - so I have to really start watching what I spend.

well let's all have a great evening we're worth it
Old 04-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
I've made up my mind - I'm sticking 100% to protocol but will start weaning in alternate products - I just can't keep spending the $ on IP products - I'm a pretty boring eater so if I find the right products and stick to them I should be okay - I'm not sure if I mentioned that I bought a condo and take possession of it May 16 & move in on the 17th - I've started purging my apartment and have started packing what I don't use - so I have to really start watching what I spend.

You will do GREAT on Alts - motivation is key, not the brand you eat!

Yesterday in the Alternative thread I posted info on how to join Nashua Nutrition's non-publicized Lifetime Membership for 10% off forever (even on discount deals!) also in that thread (I think) someone posted an excel sheet of bunches of alternatives from Nashua and their nutrition stats for easy comparison to acceptable ranges.

CONGRATS on the new condo!!

Last edited by JLUS; 04-15-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post

There is nothing magic in the IP packets! As lisa stated the protocol came first...based on the science. (The IP label became a brand that sells food that fits the nutritional profile, and did some fancy marketing and franchise development). The secret is following the plan...and YOU GOT that part!

Good luck in the new place!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

JLUS: Roasted okra is AMAZING!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
JLUS: Roasted okra is AMAZING!
I think I will give it a go thus weekend!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #81  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Been so busy at work that have had no time to post but I managed to escape the 'pit of despair' for a weekend and get to Miami to do some shopping!! Had an amazing time. Due to not shopping before now, I presumed I was down from a rather tight size 16 to a size 12. Not only was size 12 too big but in some instances I managed to fit into an 8. An EIGHT!!!! I've never been an 8. EVER!! Super exciting. So exciting that the lady helping me in Nordstom gave me a hug! I had got a little teary and she thought I hated the dress!!

I managed to stay 100% OP while I was away and I now have an outfit for a wedding in Bahamas at the end of May and enough other outfits to see me through until I get away again. One of my close friends is an 8 and she said we should swap clothes. I think my brain hasn't caught up yet because I look at her and think there is no way that her clothes are going to squeeze over my big bottom and thunder thighs. But I guess I don't really have that big bum anymore and the thunder thighs are fast disappearing! Gotta love IP!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Been so busy at work that have had no time to post but I managed to escape the 'pit of despair' for a weekend and get to Miami to do some shopping!! Had an amazing time. Due to not shopping before now, I presumed I was down from a rather tight size 16 to a size 12. Not only was size 12 too big but in some instances I managed to fit into an 8. An EIGHT!!!! I've never been an 8. EVER!! Super exciting. So exciting that the lady helping me in Nordstom gave me a hug! I had got a little teary and she thought I hated the dress!!

I managed to stay 100% OP while I was away and I now have an outfit for a wedding in Bahamas at the end of May and enough other outfits to see me through until I get away again. One of my close friends is an 8 and she said we should swap clothes. I think my brain hasn't caught up yet because I look at her and think there is no way that her clothes are going to squeeze over my big bottom and thunder thighs. But I guess I don't really have that big bum anymore and the thunder thighs are fast disappearing! Gotta love IP!!
So happy for you! I know you've been so swamped at work and staying OP can be difficult, but you've really put your mind to it.

Enjoy those 8's!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #83  

Isn't it amazing what we can do when we change our minds?
WL is totally a mental challenge and sticking to IP is really all in the mind. We can play head games or we can get committed.
The Beck Diet Solution really does help with the tough times. It gives us responses to the sabotaging thoughts and gives us exercises to practice for when the rough times come.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #84  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:

Huge congrats! Your progress is awesome!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #85  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Been so busy at work that have had no time to post but I managed to escape the 'pit of despair' for a weekend and get to Miami to do some shopping!! Had an amazing time. Due to not shopping before now, I presumed I was down from a rather tight size 16 to a size 12. Not only was size 12 too big but in some instances I managed to fit into an 8. An EIGHT!!!! I've never been an 8. EVER!! Super exciting. So exciting that the lady helping me in Nordstom gave me a hug! I had got a little teary and she thought I hated the dress!!!
I can just feel your joy and excitement! Love this! Congrats
Old 04-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #86  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Congrats RosiePosie101! That is absolutely awesome!

Been really bummed this week - had a temporary bridge put in last week and it doesn't fit exactly right and makes chewing things like lettuce really hard. Argh! I get the permanent one next week, but in the meantime no lettuce for me. Been upping my water consumption though.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #87  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Congrats RosiePosie101! That is absolutely awesome!

Been really bummed this week - had a temporary bridge put in last week and it doesn't fit exactly right and makes chewing things like lettuce really hard. Argh! I get the permanent one next week, but in the meantime no lettuce for me. Been upping my water consumption though.
Well, Ruth Ann -- Sounds like the faulty bridge will keep you out of all the Easter treats, too. No temptation there!

Good WI today, down 1.5. I look down at the number on the scale now and just stare for a few moments. It doesn't feel real. I remember weighing this in 7th grade! (Though I thought I was fat then. )

Make it a great day, everyone!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #88  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Well, Ruth Ann -- Sounds like the faulty bridge will keep you out of all the Easter treats, too. No temptation there!

Good WI today, down 1.5. I look down at the number on the scale now and just stare for a few moments. It doesn't feel real. I remember weighing this in 7th grade! (Though I thought I was fat then. )

Make it a great day, everyone!
No temptation for me - I didn't buy any Easter treats! Fortunately the only ones dh likes are coconut M&Ms and he buys them after Easter.

Congrats on the good weigh in - you're getting so close! I know what you mean about the number seeming kind of unreal - when I started I never thought I would be able to make it to 150, let alone 140 (have my weigh in later this morning). I wake up some mornings and get on the scale just to reassure myself that I didn't gain it all back overnight!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ruth Ann, it is hard to get your head around those low scale numbers. My clinic is running a workshop on Phantom Fat, helping your mind adjust to the changes. I am going. I see the clothing sizes changing, but you are right- it does not feel real.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #90  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

RosiePosie, congrats on the size 8's. I remember feeling the exact same way. It just seemed impossible that I could be that size. Like Ruth Ann I felt like it was not real and the weight loss would disappear *poof* and I would be big again. I still feel strange taking size 6 clothes into the dressing room. I think someone is going to catch me and say, "Hey, put those back, you're in the wrong section!" Then I try them on and I'm still amazed they fit! Wow, mind games.

SylviesGirl and Ruth Ann, I am amazed at your tickers. You have both come so far. I am beyond motivated by your success. WTG ladies!
Closed Thread