Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I'm glad you said this. I saw that yesterday and thought that I must have missed a new, revised P1 protocol or something. I was waiting until I had time today to review the latest sheets. The sour cream really threw me.

Imo, not that anyone asked me, you really need to try to work through these situations while staying true to P1. Life is hectic. That's not going to change any time soon, and it certainly isn't going to change once you get to maintenance, so figure it out now . . . or you may never figure it out, know what I mean? Sometimes "figuring it out" means having to eat something that is not appealing to you or something you are not "feeling" like. Food = fuel and nothing more for me most of the time. Food as pleasure is something special and not necessarily realized at every meal.

My go-to, on-the-run remedy is at Sheetz. I can almost always find a Pure Protein peanut butter bar and some celery sticks. A cup of coffee with an ounce of skim milk and Splenda, too. That is enough to get you through 1 meal OP. (P.S. The bar is restricted.) Is it what I am "feeling like" on such a hectic day? No. But, on the other hand, if the day is so hectic that I have to go to my emergency plan, then food is not the focus of my day anyway and I may as well stay OP. That's how I see it.
Awesome advice! Thanks for this...I have some excessively busy weeks coming up and I will NOT use that as an excuse to go off plan.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Day 5 today. This really has felt like the longest week ever. TGIF indeed.
Hang on, girl - better times to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I'm glad you said this. I saw that yesterday and thought that I must have missed a new, revised P1 protocol or something. I was waiting until I had time today to review the latest sheets. The sour cream really threw me.
Re: Wendy's Chili, sorry gals if I misled - I was thinking more along the lines of maintenance - close to P3 or for use with Alternative IP Plan using 1 dairy/starch/fruit per day.
I don't want to throw any of you off track - apologies!

Liana
Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Urgh. So I'm sitting here eating my chocolate pudding for lunch and being crazily tempted by the leftover pizza in the fridge. As soon as dishes are done I a getting out of this house!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Urgh. So I'm sitting here eating my chocolate pudding for lunch and being crazily tempted by the leftover pizza in the fridge. As soon as dishes are done I a getting out of this house!
You should google recipe for IP Broccoli Cheddar Soup bread (actually makes more of a chewy tortilla in a pie plate) and use it as a pizza base - a bit of lower carb pasta sauce & fresh tomato with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, fresh basil and whatever other veg you can pile on there - broil to get it all toasty hot and voila 'PIZZA!"

I will see if I can find the recipe again & will post a link if I do. Go for your long walk/run and get away from the fridge lol!
Good girl!

"A "super-stars" recipe for Broccoli-Cheese Bread. Enjoy! Mindy, I made this using 1 packet (Ideal Protein) broccoli cheese soup mix; two egg whites; 1 tsp olive oil; 1/4 tsp baking powder; oregano, basil, garlic powder, pinch of salt. Blend with a fork until fairly smooth. Bake in a pie pan sprayed with Pam in a 350 oven for 8 mins each side. Delicious." https://www.pinterest.com/ms_behavin...tein-friendly/

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-11-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Found the recipe!!
Old 04-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
You should google recipe for IP Broccoli Cheddar Soup bread (actually makes more of a chewy tortilla in a pie plate) and use it as a pizza base - a bit of lower carb pasta sauce & fresh tomato with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, fresh basil and whatever other veg you can pile on there - broil to get it all toasty hot and voila 'PIZZA!"

I will see if I can find the recipe again & will post a link if I do. Go for your long walk/run and get away from the fridge lol!
Good girl!

"A "super-stars" recipe for Broccoli-Cheese Bread. Enjoy! Mindy, I made this using 1 packet (Ideal Protein) broccoli cheese soup mix; two egg whites; 1 tsp olive oil; 1/4 tsp baking powder; oregano, basil, garlic powder, pinch of salt. Blend with a fork until fairly smooth. Bake in a pie pan sprayed with Pam in a 350 oven for 8 mins each side. Delicious." https://www.pinterest.com/ms_behavin...tein-friendly/
Wow! I'm going to try both of these!
Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #36  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Happy Friday all. TOM is here for me...so that is no fun. Started the day after my weigh in this week so hopefully it will be gone by Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Pizza is the devil himself... I have declared our home a pizza-free zone until I am off this diet and can have some... Evil, just evil. (But oh-so delicious evil)
Old 04-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Canadajineh, Chipndip, and Jmlor1017: Thank you so much for the dressing ideas in yesterday's forum. I never even thought about adding the oil after. I'm going to give all of these a try. They sound delicious.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #39  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
I would put the pizza down the garbage disposal. I really would. I could not tolerate pizza around me for the first couple months of IP.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #40  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hang on, girl - better times to come!

Re: Wendy's Chili, sorry gals if I misled - I was thinking more along the lines of maintenance - close to P3 or for use with Alternative IP Plan using 1 dairy/starch/fruit per day.
I don't want to throw any of you off track - apologies!

Liana
I didn't even remember who said that yesterday or I would have realized that you meant maintenance. That makes much more sense.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerik View Post
Please excuse me if this thread was not intended for my question.
I've seen a lot of posts comparing ingredients of non-IP shakes to IP shakes, but I can't seem to find any posts that compare the taste. I love the chocolate powder IP shakes, and I've been testing all kinds of commercial versions (GNC, whey, soy, you name it), but I can't find one that tastes as good as IP. I want to continue mixing the powder with water, and something about the IP shakes allowed the shake to thicken up, and that's been hard to find. Plus, as I said, the taste of them just don't compare. Any tried and true recommendations?
I bought a container of Whole Foods 365 Chocolate Whey Protein and thought it was very similar to the IP Chocolate Shake Packet in both taste and texture. I quickly switched to the ready made from Nashua Nutrition though and never bought more shake packets from IP, so my comparison is somewhat limited.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #42  

Thank you!
Old 04-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #43  

Checking out Nashua Nutrition website, I notice there are several brands of shakes. What's your favorite and why?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #44  

I thought I was the only one fighting off temptations. I feel like I have been cursed from the day I started the IP diet.
Last weekend I was on my day 3 and I had to cook for 10 guests, this week I had to go to team lunches where one day was Indian food and the second day chinese.

But I didn't cheat and the reward is sweet. Today I went for my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs :-) :-) :-)

BTW, does your coaches take out 1 or 2 pounds for clothes from the total weight lost?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #45  
Round 2

S/C/G: 315/289.6/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
I thought I was the only one fighting off temptations. I feel like I have been cursed from the day I started the IP diet.
Last weekend I was on my day 3 and I had to cook for 10 guests, this week I had to go to team lunches where one day was Indian food and the second day chinese.

But I didn't cheat and the reward is sweet. Today I went for my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs :-) :-) :-)

BTW, does your coaches take out 1 or 2 pounds for clothes from the total weight lost?
no. mine just recommends i try wearing something close to the same thing when i go.
Closed Thread