Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Upcoming weigh-in on Sunday will mark two months on the program. Only 12lbs thus far, but I am hoping for a good surprise this week of more than 2 lbs lost like past weeks.

I am wondering if fellow March IPers are finding that adding in a tiny bit of exercise at this point is helping to move the weight?
You are so close to breaking the 200 barrier! I am rooting for you. Hope this week"s weight loss motivates you to keep on going!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 231/207/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie1 View Post
Hi ....I started reluctantly...lol...on March 28th and have not looked back. I am in 43 days and down 26 pounds. I am new to this blogging so bare with me
Nettie, we are almost neck and neck. I started 3/25 and I have lost 23.2 lbs. I have to catch up to you!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I am wondering if fellow March IPers are finding that adding in a tiny bit of exercise at this point is helping to move the weight?
I just started kosho ryu kempo--my second class is tomorrow--but I'll definitely keep an eye out for that. Then again, I had a slowdown for the ten days starting on Easter, and then had six days of whoosh.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #109  

I am going on 50 days so far, down 15.8 pounds. I've been getting a bit frustrated the past few weeks though with small losses: only down .8 at this weeks weigh in. I have been following the plan perfectly and just feeling like the weight should be coming off quicker considering the program and it's concept. Anybody going through anything similar?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #110  

Default Slowly getting it

I started last week of March. This now week six. I am getting a little tired of the soup. I refuse to give up. The plan cost too much money and I do see progress.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:41 AM   #111  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkourtelis View Post
I am going on 50 days so far, down 15.8 pounds. I've been getting a bit frustrated the past few weeks though with small losses: only down .8 at this weeks weigh in. I have been following the plan perfectly and just feeling like the weight should be coming off quicker considering the program and it's concept. Anybody going through anything similar?
Vkourtelis - it looks like you're losing better than 2 pounds a week on average, that is a great rate of loss! And assuming you are staying 100% OP, don't stress over the small loss weeks - I would go 2 or 3 (or 4) weeks with little to no loss and then have a big loss and then back to small losses. You want to look at your overall progress - if the trend line is overall down, you are doing great.

Also, the scale is only one measure of how you're doing. Are you losing inches? Are your clothes fitting better? How are you feeling? All of those things are just as important as the scale weight.

We have to be patient with ourselves - we didn't put the weight on in just a few weeks and it takes some time to get it off. I know it can be hard, I've had my share of pity parties and screaming at the scale (which my dh thinks is hilarious) but I averaged 10 pounds a month for complete year by staying OP all the time.

Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowly getting it View Post
I started last week of March. This now week six. I am getting a little tired of the soup. I refuse to give up. The plan cost too much money and I do see progress.
Check out the recipe threads (links in the first post of the daily chat) - there are some great ways to enhance the soups and other packets (look at the "fun with packets" post). Adding veggies, turning the soup into a flatbread, different spices, etc. all help keep things interesting. Once I got into the habit of IP, I started playing with the packets to keep myself from getting bored. It helps!

And not everyone will like all the different foods, good thing there is a huge selection!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Today is week 8 and I am officially down 50.8lbs. I am so excited by these results!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Mulse- that is an AMAZING loss! Great job!

Fearciuli- do let me know if the excercise helps or hinders!

I used to workout regularly with little result, so I am enjoying the break. It does make me wonder though if there a good balance to enhance the losses without going to hard...mainly light weight lifting and/or light cardio.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #114  

Weighed in today and the number on the scale didn't move which was a bit frustrating but my hormones are wonky right now and I am definitely retaining water so I need to focus on the fact that my clothes are feeling better - fitting into clothes I haven't been able to in a long time. Reminding myself that I am in this for the long haul!
My coach suggested I do a week on a cleanse product to jump start things but I told her I would have to research it first since I wanted to know what I would be taking. After reading a bit on line, I am not sure I am convinced that spending over $70 on a cleanse kit might not be the best use of my money or something my body needs.
Has anyone here used the cleanse? What effect did it have on your body and weight loss?
Old 05-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
Today is week 8 and I am officially down 50.8lbs. I am so excited by these results!

Quote:
Mulse- that is an AMAZING loss! Great job!

Fearciuli- do let me know if the excercise helps or hinders!

I used to workout regularly with little result, so I am enjoying the break. It does make me wonder though if there a good balance to enhance the losses without going to hard...mainly light weight lifting and/or light cardio.
Will do.

HO. LY. COW. I'm going to feel tonight's class tomorrow! I'm loving it!

Last edited by Fearciuil; 05-09-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkourtelis View Post
I am definitely losing more slowly than a lot of others, 12.5 lbs in 5 weeks, but I need to look at it as having LOST that much weight and I am closer to the goal. This was my most frustrating weigh in this week as I didn't lose any weight. But my husband pointed out that I didn't gain any either

Hang in there and don't stress it. Keep thinking about the weight loss long term and the whole process as changing your relationship with food and making smart, healthier choices.

I am rooting for you!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #117  

Welp. I woke up with one nasty cold today. Bad enough that if I hadn't needed to finish testing 4th and 5th graders (9.5 days left in the year; 6.5 days left of my classes), I would have called in sick. What's making it worse is that I don't know what I can take, so I haven't taken anything. I felt like I was going to fall over all day.

BUT BUT BUT...

Even with that, my "unofficial" morning WI shows me down 50.8lbs since I started IP! I've been waiting for well over a week to pass the 50lb mark! I'm gonna have to track down a 50lb object this weekend to remind myself why I'm doing this and how far I've come.

AND AND....

I put on a size XL t-shirt last night for kosho ryu kempo, and it was noticably TOO BIG!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Welp. I woke up with one nasty cold today. Bad enough that if I hadn't needed to finish testing 4th and 5th graders (9.5 days left in the year; 6.5 days left of my classes), I would have called in sick. What's making it worse is that I don't know what I can take, so I haven't taken anything. I felt like I was going to fall over all day.

BUT BUT BUT...

Even with that, my "unofficial" morning WI shows me down 50.8lbs since I started IP! I've been waiting for well over a week to pass the 50lb mark! I'm gonna have to track down a 50lb object this weekend to remind myself why I'm doing this and how far I've come.

AND AND....

I put on a size XL t-shirt last night for kosho ryu kempo, and it was noticably TOO BIG!
Way to go! 50 lbs. is a lot of weight to lose, well done. When I got discouraged about my lack of weight loss this week, I carried around 12.5 lbs in a backpack for an hour and I felt the difference.

The way clothes fit is impact flu too. Good on you for noticing the different feel in the size XML shirt.

Hope you feel better soon
Old 05-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Finally hit a 5lb loss on week 8!

I hope this is one of many above 2lbs. Fingers crossed for next WI. The 100's are so close I can taste it.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 264/248/175

Height: 5'6"

Hit the 30 lb mark today!! So excited!!
Closed Thread