3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   April Fantastic Loosers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294487-april-fantastic-loosers.html)

calypso58 04-15-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniFan (Post 4985414)
Hello all. Brand new. Just 5 days on IP. Wondering if anyone could give hints on eating out. Just had my first meal out at Applebee's and had romaine with my own homemade mustard dressing 7 oz steak and broccoli, zucchini. I was delicious. Now wondering if steak was buttered and will take me out of ketosis. Should I be worried. Better choices to make? Would love any helpful hints!

Hi IlliniFan, Butter won't take you out of ketosis as it is fat, not carbs. I always order steaks and vegetables cooked clean. No oils, no butter, nothing! I've never had a restaurant deny my requests!

Good luck!
Nancy

SophieLT 04-16-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4985428)
Hi IlliniFan, Butter won't take you out of ketosis as it is fat, not carbs. I always order steaks and vegetables cooked clean. No oils, no butter, nothing! I've never had a restaurant deny my requests!

Good luck!
Nancy

Thanks for the tip Nancy

cschmandt 04-16-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheers2014 (Post 4985366)
Today was my first weigh in... 10 lbs down . Im so pumped for the next week

Congrats on the awesome 1st weigh in!!! Whoop Whoop!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Cheryl

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...130/177.5/.png

SophieLT 04-17-2014 11:05 AM

Has anyone had to avoid a social situation, say a trivia night, because they felt they couldn't handle being around so much food?

AlaskaLadyie 04-17-2014 03:08 PM

morning all... sorry I was MIA yesterday............ I got lotsa Organic Exercise yesterday as we got water in our basement so I spend the day using the shop vac to get rid of the water and mopping it up... got a blister.. ugh.. Also dug trenches out in the driveway to divert the water flowing off driveway over patio and down along foundation ... Ugh solution is to excavate next to house and install a French drain Ya i'm excited about that expense... I ate extra protein to keep going yesterday but I sure am hungry today ..I also cleaned 4 of the kennel runs up in my dog boarding kennel of the slushy snow and any ---- left behind through the winter snows... Sure could of stayed home and slept today he he but I am at work today..

MarylandMom 04-17-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 4986414)
Has anyone had to avoid a social situation, say a trivia night, because they felt they couldn't handle being around so much food?

I have considered skipping various events because the thought of being around all that food was terrifying, but I decided to look at it as a challenge and an opportunity to flex those "mental muscles" and learn how to enjoy the event for what it is...good friends and good laughs. I had to choose: have the willpower to go and not eat the unhealthy food choices (and maybe feel badly about that) or stay home and miss out on a good time (and feel really badly about that). Life is life, and I don't want to miss out on it because I choose to eat healthy and follow a certain diet. That said, only YOU can make the decision based on what you know you are mentally capable of at this point in your weight loss journey. There is NOTHING wrong with skipping out on an event if you feel you need to. Much better than going off plan and beating yourself up for it.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...you'll be fine either way. :)

pishposhappelsauce 04-17-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 4986414)

Just today I sat out of one of our company's "lunch and learn" professional development meetings because they ordered pizza and I didn't want to be around it. They had a call in number so I did that instead and ate my lunch.

Now all the empty pizza boxes are in the office kitchen and the grease smell is overpowering.

SophieLT 04-17-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 4986604)
Just today I sat out of one of our company's "lunch and learn" professional development meetings because they ordered pizza and I didn't want to be around it. They had a call in number so I did that instead and ate my lunch.

Now all the empty pizza boxes are in the office kitchen and the grease smell is overpowering.

Glad I'm not the only one :)

SophieLT 04-17-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandMom (Post 4986581)
I have considered skipping various events because the thought of being around all that food was terrifying, but I decided to look at it as a challenge and an opportunity to flex those "mental muscles" and learn how to enjoy the event for what it is...good friends and good laughs. I had to choose: have the willpower to go and not eat the unhealthy food choices (and maybe feel badly about that) or stay home and miss out on a good time (and feel really badly about that). Life is life, and I don't want to miss out on it because I choose to eat healthy and follow a certain diet. That said, only YOU can make the decision based on what you know you are mentally capable of at this point in your weight loss journey. There is NOTHING wrong with skipping out on an event if you feel you need to. Much better than going off plan and beating yourself up for it.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...you'll be fine either way. :)

Thanks for your reply. I've been able to handle social situations thus far but I just remember the trivia night last year and there was so much food there it was crazy. And none of it was healthy, of course. I do like your "mental muscles" and will remember that next time I'm tempted :)

canadjineh 04-17-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WABelle (Post 4984502)
Hey all - hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.

I started this IP diet on April 3.

I do not like the taste of the foods and I came here mostly to get recipes for making them better. It's horrible when you prefer homemade stuff and are now eating space food ;)

about the WF mayo...I have some. It is sweet and doesn't taste like mayo at all. I can't even pretend it does. :D

I like the WF peanut butter because I really do not like real peanut butter. Again this stuff is sweeter than normal but I put it on top of celery and I use just a little bit.

You sound a bit like a fellow 'foodie', I disliked WF stuff too. Took a while to get used to the IP packets - I must keep gluten free so my choices were extremely limited. I liked the dark choc pudding with the salt mixed in and good chili powder or with LOTS of cinnamon and real dutch cocoa powder (which is very low in calories 15 and net carbs 0g - NOT the sweetened kind for hot chocolate drink mix) to make it taste darker/chocolaty-er. I use Wasco Pure Cocoa.

To get rid of the WF 'peanut spread' I am mixing it half n half with real 100% peanut butter as I am on maintenance and don't want to just throw it out. You can also mix the cinnamon & cocoa powder in this and make it a breakfast sort of flavour - a couple of times I mixed the pb with the dark chocolate pudding for a mock Reeses flavour.

Some interesting ideas for recipes are here: http://www.idealweightlossclinic.com...-and-desserts/

cheers2014 04-17-2014 05:35 PM

Just wondering how many pacs of unrestricted are people eating a day. I was told 3 but I hsd some conflicting information today so I just want to make sure im on track

lisa32989 04-17-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheers2014 (Post 4986640)
Just wondering how many pacs of unrestricted are people eating a day. I was told 3 but I hsd some conflicting information today so I just want to make sure im on track

3 total packets/day. One of those 3 can be restricted.

So, most people have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted. If you skip the restricted then you would have 3 unrestricted.

cheers2014 04-17-2014 07:59 PM

Thanks lisa32989 I thought something wasn't right. . You look great by the way .. its inspiring to see your hard work has paid off

pishposhappelsauce 04-18-2014 09:48 AM

Second week of IP is going way faster than the first, but I have been much more tired and hungry than I was the first week. Today seems to be ok so far, so maybe it was just a TOM thing.

I had the most vivid dreams last night that I was eating pretzels. And then I had another dream that my boyfriend was eating a gigantic bowl of spaghetti and I was really angry at him, lol. I hope I'm not a sleep eater, but I don't see how I could be since we don't have pretzels in the house. Why can't I have carb dreams about eating something better than pretzels?

AlaskaLadyie 04-18-2014 09:17 PM

Still tired from my ordeal with vacuuming up the water in the basement . but the good news is no more water. I put the basement back in order last night and tonight I am going to the Jr Hockey Game..I love hockey and is about to be over for the year..Significant other is gone to the mountains on snowmachine and I got the weekend to my self...Yea... I have to really make my self stay legal as no one to say to me Hey is that on your diet :)