3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   April Fantastic Loosers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294487-april-fantastic-loosers.html)

NaeNae2113 07-16-2014 09:14 AM

Hi April Starters
Just want to reach out to see how everyone is doing. Haven't seen posts from many of you for quite a while so if you are lurking chime in and give us a progress report! This plan is just what I needed, I have been able to stay 100% and have lost 32 lbs in 12 weeks. There have been several weeks when I had 0 weight loss but during those times I lost several inches. Then a big woosh of 4 or 5 lbs. Almost half way to goal!! I'm in for the long haul. Lovin it!

evemomma 07-16-2014 12:19 PM

I'm here! I don't know how I missed this thread when it was first around. NaeNae...you and I are on a similar track. I just hit my 30lb loss today....yahoo! Even though it is slower than what I often see from others, I still can't be upset with on average a 10lb weight loss per month!

I don't woosh....seem to be pretty slow and steady toward the end here, though my inches seem to be coming more easily than pounds at this point. I have 5 more to get to goal!

I have been spending free time lurking on the maintener's threads and reveiwing the P2, P3, and P4 sheets because I know that this is not just 3 months of strict with a license to eat whatever I wish!

I need to be vigilant about tracking my new food and how I feel though, since I have felt AMAZING since being on P1 and wonder what food sensitivities I have that might pop up.

pishposhappelsauce 07-16-2014 12:34 PM

I've been thinking about bumping this thread, also curious about the rest of our April starters.

hope2781 07-16-2014 01:15 PM

Hello everyone.. I will join you as I began in April. Lost 19 pounds to date and 1 pound away from goal and in Phase 3. I am getting adjusted to the new breakfast in P3 and happy with the way things are going. Added exercise to my routine 3 times a day. Epplitical trainer at the moment.

GraceRev 07-16-2014 01:47 PM

Still here...

I'm still here (and will be for quite some time!)
I've lost 56 pounds since April 12. Still have a long way to go but I can't recall ever having results like this with any other diet efforts. This time feels different, so I am just taking things one day at a time. I get too overwhelmed if I think about how long it will take, so instead, I am celebrating how far I have come!

NaeNae2113 07-16-2014 04:51 PM

Evemomma How exciting 5 lbs from goal. Your have done so well. I can tell you have conquered some of the mental aspects of losing weight. You're going to kill maintenance! Your progress photos are so inspiring you look really good!!

GraceRev Wow 56 lbs in 3 months is amazing!! At that rate you will be celebrating reaching goal in no time.

Hope2781 1 lb away from goal, must be such a wonderful feeling, can't wait to get there!

Pishposh You are also close to goal. You will definitely be down 50 lbs by labor day..Keep it moving girl!

Arwa4u 07-19-2014 06:29 PM

Hi All,

I started IP on April 11th and I'm currently down 29 pounds ....only 6 more till goal! Very excited and equally as nervous. I'm loving the new me and don't ever want to go back to how I used to look and feel.

Keep up the amazing work everyone.

pishposhappelsauce 07-20-2014 12:19 PM

Congrats everyone on the great work! We're doing it!

I am a list person. I've never been good at journaling or keeping a diary, but I have a notebook of lists that I write my thoughts in on occasion...from lists of home improvements I want to make to lists of reasons I love my cat... ok maybe it's weird, but I find it therapeutic. Anyway, I made a list of things I have gained while losing over the last three months. A few things from this list:
-Arms I'm not afraid to bare - Before it would be sleeves only. I hated what I referred to as my "ham hock" upper arms. Now I have no problem wearing strapless or sleeveless shirts.

-Hip bones, cheek bones, defined collar bones! - they've come back!

-Shorts - I'm not afraid or embarrassed to wear shorts anymore. The last summer I wore shorts willingly was in high school. Now I have a few pairs I wear regularly (and those are getting to be too big!).

-Health - My usual spring allergies were a non issue this year. I'm actually looking forward to my first physical once I've phased off and comparing it to my numbers from last year.

-Confidence in my appearance - I feel a spring in my step now when I walk down the hall or into a room and know that I look great.

-Control - I now know that I am in full control of my eating habits and what goes into my mouth. No one is making me eat that cake. No one is forcing me to go for seconds. I can say no, and when people (or my inner voice) push, I can stay strong. I can be completely satisfied by healthy choices. I can deal with stress in ways other than eating. And if I do get derailed, I know I have the tools to get right back on board.

What is the biggest thing you've gained while losing?

evemomma 07-21-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 5043676)
Congrats everyone on the great work! We're doing it!

I am a list person. I've never been good at journaling or keeping a diary, but I have a notebook of lists that I write my thoughts in on occasion...from lists of home improvements I want to make to lists of reasons I love my cat... ok maybe it's weird, but I find it therapeutic. Anyway, I made a list of things I have gained while losing over the last three months. A few things from this list:
-Arms I'm not afraid to bare - Before it would be sleeves only. I hated what I referred to as my "ham hock" upper arms. Now I have no problem wearing strapless or sleeveless shirts.

-Hip bones, cheek bones, defined collar bones! - they've come back!

-Shorts - I'm not afraid or embarrassed to wear shorts anymore. The last summer I wore shorts willingly was in high school. Now I have a few pairs I wear regularly (and those are getting to be too big!).

-Health - My usual spring allergies were a non issue this year. I'm actually looking forward to my first physical once I've phased off and comparing it to my numbers from last year.

-Confidence in my appearance - I feel a spring in my step now when I walk down the hall or into a room and know that I look great.

-Control - I now know that I am in full control of my eating habits and what goes into my mouth. No one is making me eat that cake. No one is forcing me to go for seconds. I can say no, and when people (or my inner voice) push, I can stay strong. I can be completely satisfied by healthy choices. I can deal with stress in ways other than eating. And if I do get derailed, I know I have the tools to get right back on board.

What is the biggest thing you've gained while losing?

So happy for you that you are seeing you are shining from the inside out now!

What have I gained while losing? Hmmmmm.....confidence is a biggie. But I suppose it is what you mentioned, PishPosh. Self-restraint when stressed. Not cramming fast food or sweets or Starbucks anything in my mouth when I start to feel sad or mad or bored.

Before IP, I just had lost my ability to say "no". I've never been a big over-eater, but my food choices were AWFUL. Like, no veggies or protein in the meal-plan awful. I just need to keep it up. I was thinking one of the things I need to do is to write myself a letter about how I feel right now to myself when weak moments arise. For me, I don't worry about "peer pressure" unhealthy eating....it will be when I'm by myself and stressed that I'll be more tempted to feed the hungry dragon!

hope2781 07-30-2014 11:42 AM

Hey there.. just wanted to see how everyone else is doing?
My update is that I made it to Maintenance Phase and struggling with planning the meals. Seniors in Maintenance thread are being very helpful with planning. Right now playing around with meals hopefully I can come up with a plan shortly.

NaeNae2113 07-30-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hope2781 (Post 5048670)
Hey there.. just wanted to see how everyone else is doing?
My update is that I made it to Maintenance Phase and struggling with planning the meals. Seniors in Maintenance thread are being very helpful with planning. Right now playing around with meals hopefully I can come up with a plan shortly.

Hi Hope2781...Congratulations on making it to maintenance that is a huge accomplishment. I'm sure you will figure out the meal planning and rock maintenance. The Maintenance thread is a great place for you to hang out. There are so many that are doing so well and are willing to help you along!

I am not near maintenance yet but almost half way to goal and onederland, so I am committed to staying 100% OP. I recently started using alternative products and was worried at first but it has not slowed my losses at all. I am in love with this plan. I have never been able to lose this much weight so quickly!!

evemomma 07-30-2014 01:38 PM

Hi April gals!

Hope2781...I have two more weeks until I move to P2. I have been lurking in the Maintainer's threads for awhile now trying to get my brain into preparation mode about meal planning. I get the concept of carb vs. fat separation, but I like seeing lots of real life examples.

Two more pounds to get to my goal....wahoo!

hope2781 07-30-2014 01:57 PM

NaeNae- I am very glad to hear that you are doing great with alternative products too. You go girl!!! I hope you reach your goal very soon.

Evenmomma - I know the feeling. Congratulations on getting this far. Will wait for you in the maintenance thread :-)

WABelle 07-30-2014 02:16 PM

My daughter told me that she can hug me and her arms reach - that's what I gained :D

NaeNae2113 07-30-2014 05:10 PM

EvemommaOnly 2 lbs to goal you should be so proud! You are going to do great in maintenance. You got this girl!!
WABelle What a great NSV. And what a sweet daughter you have.