Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #31  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Hello 16's good bye 18's WOOT WOOT... the last week has been good to me!
Excellent! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy7613 View Post
This is my first weekend in IP. I am eating something good today. Got the idea from another poster... Taking the chili packet and putting it on a salad ..with onions, peppers, mushrooms. It's pretty tasty! I did a bad thing this morning something I promised not to do. I stepped on my scale. This is day 5 and no movement. I decided not to worry and just keep going as it's bound to move at some point. I won't be doing that again.
Congrats on making it to your first IP weekend! Trust in the plan, and the scale will move. I have felt your disappointment before, many of us have, but we have also been successful on this program. It will happen! Not as quickly as we would like, but that expectation is just not realistic. Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Happy Saturday all. I am in the midst of a camping weekend with lots of family and many tasty temptations (ice cream cake, chocolates, wine, chips, just to name a few). So far reminding myself that my weight loss is more important to me than these foods has been a great deterrent.
Way to go! Flex those willpower muscles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
WI #8 down 4.4lbs! Glad to have a good loss before I hit the road next week. Went to pick up some clothes for my trip and took both 18's and 16's into the dressing room, 16's fit perfectly! Both great motivators to stay OP next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
WI #6 lost 1 lb. About what I expected. Stupid HRT.

The good news is that I discovered a Farmers Market right around the corner from my clinic. They will be there every Sat. so I can pop by there and pick up some great stuff. Veggies were in short supply since it's early in the season, but I found pastured eggs as well as grass fed beef, buffalo, pork and chicken. I picked up a couple lbs of ground buffalo and am looking forward to some tasty burgers.
Congrats on your loss, and on finding the farmers market. How convenient! I love some bison!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I'm enjoying a relaxing day at home. Its seems that I've been on a dead run since I got back from holidays. Between going off program a few days in Hawaii and pure exhaustion I've been struggling.... I decided to just be at home all weekend and relax (well... clean my room and do laundry but lots of relaxing going on in between!)

It feels good to take the time to refocus on why I'm losing weight in the first place and get determined to finish it through to the end... I needed to take some time to see how far I've come and look at those cute dresses I want to fit into for upcoming weddings. Last night I started feeling like it was time to phase off but I think it was the fatigue talking.

I'm hoping to get lots of rest and get back into the 'zone' I was in for so many months!
Enjoy your relaxing weekend! Hope it does help you get back into the mindset you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetharmony View Post
We had a friend stop by today that I haven't seen since the beginning of the year. He asked me if I had lost weight!!! :-) He's the first person to ask me that and it made me feel so good to have somebody actually notice!! (I realize it's not always as apparent to those that see me often) So a very nice NSV for me today!!!
Congrats! That is always a nice feeling!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #32  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
Thank you I also read somewhere that okra is good for lowering blood sugar not sure if true or not... I will have to look to see if stores here in Alaska sell raw Okra.. I also have boiled Radishes either the red ones or big long white ones and then mashed them up like Mashed Potatoes. I should have bought Radishes instead I ate them when I did the hGC Diet I do not like raw radishes at all YUCK but boiled they taste different..So I will look for the big ones next week
That's so interesting about making mashed radishes! I always add a bit of horseradish to my mashed potatoes (at least, when I used to make mashed potatoes ). I wonder if I would like that -- I will have to try them and see. Thanks for the idea!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 233/157.5/135

I had two NSVs this week and one OSV(?):
1. I was travelling for work all week and was able to stay 99.9% OP (there were some shredded beets I couldn't pull out of a veggie mix)
2. When I wrapped myself in the hotel's towel, I felt adequately covered for the first time in a long time
3. I lost 2 lbs when I weighed myself for the first time since my return, which now brings me to my lowest adult weight ever ))))

Lots to be happy about today!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #34  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
WI #8 down 4.4lbs! Glad to have a good loss before I hit the road next week. Went to pick up some clothes for my trip and took both 18's and 16's into the dressing room, 16's fit perfectly! Both great motivators to stay OP next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
4.4 lbs and size 16.

Rock star!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #35  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeisallthereis View Post
I had two NSVs this week and one OSV(?):
1. I was travelling for work all week and was able to stay 99.9% OP (there were some shredded beets I couldn't pull out of a veggie mix)
2. When I wrapped myself in the hotel's towel, I felt adequately covered for the first time in a long time
3. I lost 2 lbs when I weighed myself for the first time since my return, which now brings me to my lowest adult weight ever ))))

Lots to be happy about today!
Good for you! #3 is my favourite!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Good for you! #3 is my favourite!
Thanks, Hiker. Admittedly, that is my favorite, too
Old 04-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Happy Saturday all. I am in the midst of a camping weekend with lots of family and many tasty temptations (ice cream cake, chocolates, wine, chips, just to name a few). So far reminding myself that my weight loss is more important to me than these foods has been a great deterrent.
All that stuff will always be there, so don't treat it as special. Time with your family is special so focus on that.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I only have one pair of capris so I was out today and got another pair. I still cannot get used to picking size 3's and 5's off the rack.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #39  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Congrats!

Just shows how different body types are and the differences in brand sizing. I weigh almost the same as you and I am still in a 20! I don't even remember when I was in an 18!
They are still a little tight, but not unbearably or uncomfortably so. Funny cause it depends on the pants still, I will be really happy when I can wear 16's in any brand, some of my 18's are still tight in certain places. In some ways I'm lucky because I gain proportionately all over, however sometimes that's unlucky. I'm down almost 30lbs as of this morning and still haven't "fully" changed sizes. I've been in an 18 from the start, although I wore some 22's. Now I only wear 18's and some 16's I guess as of today. My waist is shrinking but my hips and butt still haven't quite caught up, although they seem to have lost most of the cellulite appearance which I'm not gonna complain about at all!!!! In fact all over my body there appears to be less dimpling and cellulite fat! I haven't worn a 16 in 6.5 years or more.. I'm excited and the thought of 14's makes me giddy cause that means I don't necessarily have to shop in the plus size department!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #40  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a NSV this week!

I am celebrating as well! BMI is no longer considering "OBESE", just OVERWEIGHT! I'll take it because I know that in a few months, it will no longer, be OVERWEIGHT, it will be NORMAL!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #41  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

yay, bluegingham!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post

I am celebrating as well! BMI is no longer considering "OBESE", just OVERWEIGHT! I'll take it because I know that in a few months, it will no longer, be OVERWEIGHT, it will be NORMAL!
That is amazing bluegingham! A huge victory! Congrats!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #43  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post

Good job! I've been watching my obese category go down on my app, looking forward to just overweight myself. It seems as though we're the same height so I guess I'm looking forward to 182 lol! GOOD JOB!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #44  
AmberLS

I talked with my coach today about my possible plans to go to Las Vegas next weekend for a week. I told him my concerns, the plan is to go visit my best friend who lives there and take our kids to do some fun stuff. I will be staying at her house, but I'm concerned the temptation to sit and drink wine with her will be overwhelming since I may not see her for a long time (she's moving to Alaska). We like to drink wine. I know I do not need to and etc. so I'm telling my coach and he says I should go for it. He says he is impressed at my dedication to staying on the program and that after 8 weeks doing so well it wouldn't be the end of the world. He said it'd take me a few days to get back on track and I'd have to go through those rough days again, but that I should go have drinks with my friend before she leaves. I was surprised at his answer. I am too torn though I think I am going to stay home, save the money, and keep trucking, I really want to be under 200 before my trip to South Padre Island.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:13 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Question for y'all....Monday will be 8 weeks since I started IP. I do not crave things, but I do want foods such as pizza, chips, cake and I'm worried about that in phase 4. It's very hard work losing all this weight, but I'm not necessarily wanting to give up food that I like forever....I still have a lot to loose so it's not an immediate concern, but does anyone have any thoughts?
Closed Thread