IP weekend chat

You're on Page 8 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Isn't it nice that we can add info to other people (and are sometimes asked for it)? This is how community works and for the most part it works extremely well!

I'm not sure what I would have done when I started IP if 3FC hadn't been here. I learned SO.MUCH from those who came before me. Everything I share is just from what I've learned from others (including some coaches here & my own coach, prior to firing her). I get almost daily thanks somewhere (threads, PMs). I'm glad it helps! I do it b/c I feel I need to pay it forward.

We are all here to learn together and to grow together and to get healthier together.

3FC has definitely been a supremely valuable tool! So glad that it exists, my coach would probably start avoiding my calls if this didn't exist! LOL
  • Quote: I keep that chart in my notes for quick reference

people use 3 packets (2 non-restricted, 1 restricted) per day.

In the IP clinic manual, it's listed this way:

201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
    241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
    281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day

Of course, still only 1 of those is restricted.
    This is the first time I've seen this information. Interesting. I started at 317lbs, but only did 4 packets a day (3 NR and 1 R).

Should I increase my packets since I'm still above 280lbs now?

I'm doing alternatives without a coach. My calories have been between 800-1000 a day and my carbs at around 30 net.
  • Quote: Isn't it nice that we can add info to other people (and are sometimes asked for it)? This is how community works and for the most part it works extremely well!

I'm not sure what I would have done when I started IP if 3FC hadn't been here. I learned SO.MUCH from those who came before me. Everything I share is just from what I've learned from others (including some coaches here & my own coach, prior to firing her). I get almost daily thanks somewhere (threads, PMs). I'm glad it helps! I do it b/c I feel I need to pay it forward.

We are all here to learn together and to grow together and to get healthier together.

We had company for the weekend and dined out a LOT.
    I'm definitely retaining water. Been drinking a ton of it the last two days.
    I just made potato/zucchini muffins for my lunches this week and just realized how bare the refrigerator is getting. I'll definitely be stopping at the grocery store on my way home from work tomorrow.
    We're out of lettuce & fresh veggies (lets see, there is spinach and a rutabaga in there)
    This will never do!
    I love this community - don't know how I would have done it without everyone.
  • I am so Happy With who ever it was suggested the book Fit For Life I am reading ti and loving the information...........It is late I know I could go back through the thread and find the Great Person who Suggested the books but I gotta get to sleep SO....... From my Heart Thank you....nite all