Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy7613 View Post
I am getting scared of Monday... What if I don't lose anything? I have tried WW, i have tried Atkins, Slim Fast and that stupid scale would NOT budge. I don't feel any different. I was only feeling crappy on days one and two. Today I feel normal... Not hungry. No bad breath, no loose pants...what if the scale says 0 loss? I will cry. I have tried hard... Following the protocol to a T. Has anyone Not lost anything on week 1?
This was exactly me! I swore I didn't loose anything, I was just destined to be big, I really didn't feel thinner ...well I got on the scale at the clinic and was down 9 pounds! Your feelings tend to lie to you, stick to the plan and the weight will come off!!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 202.6/166.8/140

Height: 5'5

We can have Stevia, correct? But how many packets in a day. I am used to 3 coffees and 2 teas a day.....all will sweet n low. It gets me through the day! I have had one coffee and one tea today. Feeling like I need it. Any suggestions? I am on day 1!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #33  

Thanks Holly, I will keep those positive thoughts.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Annik, love that. What a great share. thank you.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I am getting scared of Monday... What if I don't lose anything? I have tried WW, i have tried Atkins, Slim Fast and that stupid scale would NOT budge. I don't feel any different. I was only feeling crappy on days one and two. Today I feel normal... Not hungry. No bad breath, no loose pants...what if the scale says 0 loss? I will cry. I have tried hard... Following the protocol to a T. Has anyone Not lost anything on week 1?
I felt the same way!! I am on Day 11 and I was miserable the first 4-5 days! I remember getting on the scale on Day 5 and I had lost one measly pound! I was ready to quit and head to McDonald's. I got on here and posted about my struggle and got some incredibly amazing words of support and encouragement. I was reminded that this plan WILL work if I just trust in it and relax. My first weigh-in came, and I was down 6.6 pounds! Hang in there...it will work. And, by the way, I never had any typical signs of ketosis (still don't!), but obviously, I am losing weight. Checking in here and reading every day has helped me so much with the mental part of starting this plan!

Hang in there...you CAN do this!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Billy - the reason you feel "normal" today and not hungry is that you probably ARE in ketosis. Those are good indicators of it, especially after two days of feeling "crappy".

I promise you, if you are following the plan 100% you will see the number on that scale go down on Monday. It may be a big number, it may be a small one, but it will be down and that's all that matters.

And by golly, you better get your butt on the Daily Chat pronto that day to tell us all about your fabulous loss!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
We can have Stevia, correct? But how many packets in a day. I am used to 3 coffees and 2 teas a day.....all will sweet n low. It gets me through the day! I have had one coffee and one tea today. Feeling like I need it. Any suggestions? I am on day 1!
Hi TBird: try 1/2 a pkt of stevia in your 10-12 oz mug as it is VERY sweet. I don't use it myself but I know a few who do and they don't seem to have a problem with that amount of packets.

Keep on keepin' on...
Liana
Old 04-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #38  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
I drink several cups of tea a day with stevia and I like to add it to my pre made chocolate pudding. It doesn't seem to effect my losses at all. Just check the labels if you buy the powder. One brand I bought had one carb per packet... I found other brands where the carbs are zero.

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-03-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #39  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I think the law is in Canada that if something is less than 1 g per serving, it can be marketed as a zero carb.

Trouble is that somethings are .95 g carb/serving ... so having too many a day can add up. This is the reasoning behind the limitation on Walden Farms products. Even though they can legally be marketed as 0/0/0, there still may be some residual carb or fat or sugar...
Old 04-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #40  

hello everyone,
This is Donna and I am on IP diet day 2. Surprisingly Day 1 was far better and I didn't have as many headaches but today I feel worse. I have been having constant headaches and feeling weak.
Took the IP peach and mango shake this morning and tomato basil soup for lunch.
I am feeling depressed that if I am doing it right and if I am ever going to reach my goal.
Anyone in the same boat as me.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #41  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Sharing this post from Maile in the Maintainer's Thread ... lots of wisdom here. She has been maintaining her 112 pound loss now for 2.5 years:
Made me tear up.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #42  

reading that post makes me feel better. That's why they say no pain no gain or no loss should I say
Old 04-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #43  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
hello everyone,
This is Donna and I am on IP diet day 2. Surprisingly Day 1 was far better and I didn't have as many headaches but today I feel worse. I have been having constant headaches and feeling weak.
Took the IP peach and mango shake this morning and tomato basil soup for lunch.
I am feeling depressed that if I am doing it right and if I am ever going to reach my goal.
Anyone in the same boat as me.
hang in there, keep going -- these are signs that your body is responding and starting to cleanse itself of the stuff that's been getting in the way of weight loss. First week = the worst. Short term pain for long term success (not gain ... success!) If you stick to the programme, you will reach your goal.

Keep reading as many of the threads here as possible. Lots of good information, lots of wisdom and lots of support. You are not alone on the journey!

xo
Annik
Old 04-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #44  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I drink several cups of tea a day with stevia and I like to add it to my pre made chocolate pudding. It doesn't seem to effect my losses at all. Just check the labels if you buy the powder. One brand I bought had one carb per packet... I found other brands where the carbs are zero.
I am a stevia fan. I use it regularly -- the brands I like are NOW (liquid and powder) and Organika (powder). NOW has some really excellent flavoured liquid options. A bit more pricey but a nice treat once in awhile!

And despite what I said above about the possibiity that a zero carb item may have some residual carb, these stevia brands are among the few items that I use generously ... in fact as much as I think I need them.

I use them to sweeten my tea and my puddings and morning shakes.

Last edited by Annik; 04-03-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #45  

Hey T-bird .. glad to see someone in their first week. Today is my Day 2. How is your day so far?
Closed Thread