Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
My 1st weigh in is tomorrow too! Good luck!!
Thank you and good luck to you!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #32  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
Day 9 here. I feel hungry but I'm getting more and more used to the feeling. I try to tell myself that's what it feels like to be losing fat! It helps me so much to keep busy rather than sitting around. As soon as my toddler is up from her nap I'll be taking both kids outside to play on this beautiful spring day!
Hey, Serenity! I just read through Monday's chat and saw that you had tried to contact me. You are so welcome! I was right where you are last year at this time, and lots of people around here sent wisdom and encouragement when I needed it. I am glad to be able to return the favor somewhat. I'm so happy that you made it through Sunday and are feeling better about things. Yay for you! Now, next time you feel like that, you will be able to draw back to Sunday and know that it will pass and how to get through it.

When I complain about "hungry days," my husband looks at me and says, "It's not hunger . . .it's an opportunity." Some days I thank him, and some days I want to smack him.

Anyway, again, you're so welcome. Drop me a line when you get your "full citizenship" around here.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #33  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Just dropping by to say hi, and congratulations to all on your scale and non-sale victories. I don't post often, but continue to read almost every day. Still chugging along, losses have slowed, but I'm getting close to goal so will keep on keepin' on. I have a whole new wardrobe and looking forward to new summer clothes this year!

Last edited by GettinHealthyNow; 04-01-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
I am super thrifty too, so I love buying used. I only buy clothes for my kids at consignment sales and shops. Usually they do a half price day on the weekend sales. On Saturday this past week I got 72 items for $85, and when I say "items," some of those were sets. I got an entire spring/summer wardrobe for both my son and daughter there. Feels amazing. Maybe like a hunter bringing home a prize.
Serenity - your are so right about it being like bringing home a treasure! We raised three children buying things at consignment and thrift stores. We had a very good one near us and it has saved us a lot of money. It is also the closest clothing store by far.

It has been so useful to me on IP. I drop off a bag of donations on one side too big) and then wander through to see what goodies might be around in either my current size or the next size. I often will score a .99 or $1.29 item on Monday's when one color is marked down.

This has been one of my joys while losing weight - the ability to locate and afford new clothes every three or so weeks. There are lots of nice and designer labels so I feel I am treating myself!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Day One

So here it is at 3:20 in the afternoon and I feel like I could eat my desk and keyboard...fortunately, I haven't been too cranky with my office-mates (it is a short term goal to not take off anyone's head during this first week.)

This morning I started with the orange drink, with ice, in my blender - then promptly spilled half of it on the floor. For lunch, banana pudding - you guessed it - in the blender with ice cold water and ice. Meh - didn't do much for me. My salad tasted very strange, as did my dill pickles. I'm wondering if this is just my body's reaction to the lack of sugar in my usual diet.

So looking forward to dinner! Still have no idea what it will be, but I'll be amazed if I can wait for the chicken to finish cooking - however I end up cooking it.

I have been very good on water, so that's one bonus!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #36  

Height: 5'-8"

JSorrell: Hang in there, Drink water, have a cup of tea or even brush your teeth. The first couple of days are one of the hardest. We have all been there, it will get easier.

I have been tracking all my food with MyfitnessPal (MFP). I was tired of seeing that I was eating under the suggested info. I finally Googled how to custom edited my profile. My profile is now for a lower Cal, Higher Protein, Lower Carb item daily intake. I am so proud of myself, especially now that MFP isn't highlighting things in red that it doesn't like. Funny how little things make you happy.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #37  

Height: 5'-8"

JSorrell: if I am not mistaken, you are also allowed to have an extra un-restricted pack the first couple of days.

Perhaps someone would like to chime in on this as I forget.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleroper View Post
I could kick myself, I went on an eating spree last night. Nothing horrible like brownies, but still put weight on this morning. Two pieces of turkey bologna, 2 handfuls of pecans. That's ok, I will eat clean today! It is a new day.
It is a new day today! I had a minor eating binge today. An extra Restricted IP and a slice of bread. I have already chopped my veggies for dinner so I am getting back by dinner. I used to have an all or nothing mentality...not anymore. I'm not happy that I ate what I ate (I was in a hurry and needed to go to the grocery store...which I have done), but very proud of myself that I now have dinner prepped for later. I normally would have had a lot of negative self talk about the slip up for a very long time probably not getting back to being OP for a month. But it was a meal and I'm moving on.

One other bummer...my WI is tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Seems like a number of people are struggling. I wish for you
Old 04-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #40  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylynt View Post

Since I've seen so many people using alternatives it sparked a question in my mind. Should I just cancel and do my own thing. IP got me started and could I do it on my own. Part of me thinks the cost is what is keeping me 100% though. And a few of the products I would use even after maintenance, like lemon and strawberry wafers! Yum! Atkins has a few really good bars (peanut butter cups NOW OMG).

IDK, maybe I should just stick with something for once...instead of changing my mind every 2 minutes My worst Quality. I'm surprised my fiancé has lasted this long :P lol, jk. (he's amazing, wouldn't trade him ever)
I know what you mean about the expense keeping you 100%! I HATE the cost, but love the results. So I'm compromising -I've started using at least 1 alternate a day. I may bump it to 2 once I find some good tree nut-free restricted alternatives.

Good luck on your WI tomorrow
Old 04-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
So here it is at 3:20 in the afternoon and I feel like I could eat my desk and keyboard...fortunately, I haven't been too cranky with my office-mates (it is a short term goal to not take off anyone's head during this first week.)

This morning I started with the orange drink, with ice, in my blender - then promptly spilled half of it on the floor. For lunch, banana pudding - you guessed it - in the blender with ice cold water and ice. Meh - didn't do much for me. My salad tasted very strange, as did my dill pickles. I'm wondering if this is just my body's reaction to the lack of sugar in my usual diet.

So looking forward to dinner! Still have no idea what it will be, but I'll be amazed if I can wait for the chicken to finish cooking - however I end up cooking it.

I have been very good on water, so that's one bonus!
Most coaches tell people they can have an extra packet the first week if necessary. Our bodies do adapt quickly

I HIGHLY suggest meal planning & leaving nothing to chance. When I saw you had no idea what dinner would be, that was a red flag for me.

I just finished dinner and I'm planning tomorrow. I'll know what is for B, L, D, S before I go to bed.

Planning = success!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Seems like a number of people are struggling. I wish for you
There is a full moon coming- you can tell with the kids-moods- struggles the kit-n-caboodle!

I have been warding off munchies today and I am trying so hard not to nibble today is a 98% day *sigh**
Old 04-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #43  

Default Day 2 better

Thank goodness I felt a lot better today..though I rushed home to throw my dinner in the oven because I am Starving!! One day at a time I keep telling myself... I just need to get to weigh in. One question, can I use Walden farms in Phase 1?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Default Day One continued

Well, the Coach called me around 4:30 to remind me I could have "unlimited lettuce" and if I couldn't hang to go ahead and have another packet. I opted to hold out and came home to have seasoned chicken cutlets, roasted asparagus, with romaine. That first bite of asparagus tasted soooooo good! I found a slow-cooker italian beef that I will give a go this weekend, but I think my biggest hurdle is revamping my cooking. I'm sure that once I have at least 10 go-to recipes, I can breathe a little bit.

What are all of you using on your salads?

When I stopped off for my asparagus, the smell the apples in the produce area made me nearly drool.

I've had all of my water - and then some - for the day, but I'm glad that I can have some hot tea to help the in between times (I keep it unsweetened).
Old 04-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #45  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
It is a new day today! I had a minor eating binge today. An extra Restricted IP and a slice of bread. I have already chopped my veggies for dinner so I am getting back by dinner. I used to have an all or nothing mentality...not anymore. I'm not happy that I ate what I ate (I was in a hurry and needed to go to the grocery store...which I have done), but very proud of myself that I now have dinner prepped for later. I normally would have had a lot of negative self talk about the slip up for a very long time probably not getting back to being OP for a month. But it was a meal and I'm moving on.

One other bummer...my WI is tomorrow.
Good luck. Stay positive.
Closed Thread