Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 350/284/185

Height: 6'

Hello all! I am new to the forum and just figuring things out around here, so forgive me if I'm not posting in the right place...
Yesterday was a hard day for me (day #7 on IP) and I posted in the weekend thread needing encouraging words. So many of you took the time to write, and it means SO MUCH to me. THANK YOU! It helps so much knowing YANA (You Are Not Alone).
All of the responses were so meaningful, and especially one from SylviesGirl. I've gone back and read it three times. I tried to respond to her post but I guess because it's Monday that thread is now Closed. I went to her profile to try to message her but didn't see a way to do that (am I missing something?). Anyway, I made it through the day, no cheating, and woke up today feeling better. Today marks 1 week on IP and I'm 7 lbs down - wahoo! There's an extremely large mountain in front of me, but I'm taking it one day at a time. I know from a friend of mine, and now from you here on the forum, that this does work. So I'm going to keep on keepin' on.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Morning everyone! I've been reading regularly on the threads but haven't posted due to working some absolutely horrendous hours. But March 31st is today, I only have to get through April and then things should slow down. I haven't been able to do anything but work and sleep. I haven't exercised at all and I am starting to feel antsy but the great news is that even though I've been super stressed, I haven't used it as an excuse to 'treat' myself and I've managed to stay 100% OP. This is a big achievement for me but I have to credit some amazing posts during this time, many of them very heartfelt, that reiterated to me that cheating is just not worth it. I want to thank those who have posted warnings as this really assisted me during the last month.

I'm aware that stress hinders weightloss but, touch wood, I've been losing a regular 2lbs a week and the inches are continuing to disappear!

I'm looking forward to when things slow down and I can start experimenting with cooking with IP products. Definitely keen to try Lisa's zucchini muffins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
WAHOOOOOOOOO
Well many of you may have seen on weekend chat yesterday that my official weigh ins are today, and as long as I don't gain I'll be at 24lbs in 6 weeks, for a total of 4lb/wk well guess what I lost in the night again. I am at 25lbs lost and that added pound puts me halfway to my first big goal of being under 200.... I am unbelievably happy today and NOTHING is going to change that!!!!! Not even the fact that it's Monday!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
Survived cookies and corks without so much as a bite or sip. I just crunched up my cookies and snuck pieces on my husbands plate when no one was looking also swapped my wine with his so it looked like I was drinking a little. Maybe it was bad to be so sneaky but my friend didn't notice and I stayed OP

Rosie: Stay strong. This works. I have to tell you that I have been using another zucchini muffin recipe but I tried Lisa's and it is SOOO much better. I used the Wild Berry Yogurt drink and they are very good.

Amber: That is fantastic. Congratulations!!!

Gnalosit: Way to go!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok yesterday I was at 98% which is Huge for me!!! I was so proud of myself

Today I am shooting for 99% and 100% until I can reach my goal (or hope for 100%) today I am at 99% (breakfast and a meeting with a realator I had a nibble of a muffin)

I just had my leek soup with 2 c of broccoli and 4 glasses (16 oz each) of water thus far.

I am feeling good, I have my burgers and chicken marinating and made to hit the grill in a few hours! Around dinner time is when I have a wave of munchies hit me and it is hard to fight them most days. I am going to puch through them and eat my dinner along with a nice BIG salad with BBQ soy nuts on it (my restricted choice for today) and an orange drink r mango peach for later if my sweet tooth wont let up.

But I am PROUD of me very proud so proud I gave myself a sticker on my calendar!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
Hello all! I am new to the forum and just figuring things out around here, so forgive me if I'm not posting in the right place...
Yesterday was a hard day for me (day #7 on IP) and I posted in the weekend thread needing encouraging words. So many of you took the time to write, and it means SO MUCH to me. THANK YOU! It helps so much knowing YANA (You Are Not Alone).
All of the responses were so meaningful, and especially one from SylviesGirl. I've gone back and read it three times. I tried to respond to her post but I guess because it's Monday that thread is now Closed. I went to her profile to try to message her but didn't see a way to do that (am I missing something?). Anyway, I made it through the day, no cheating, and woke up today feeling better. Today marks 1 week on IP and I'm 7 lbs down - wahoo! There's an extremely large mountain in front of me, but I'm taking it one day at a time. I know from a friend of mine, and now from you here on the forum, that this does work. So I'm going to keep on keepin' on.
Serenity: You have to be a member for 20 days and have made 20 posts before you can PM someone or put up a ticker. When you have reached that go to the Daily Chat and click the link on Signature/Ticker and it will tell you exactly what you need to do.

Good job! You can do this!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #20  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
You haven't been a member long enough to do a PM. I believe it is 20 days. I am sure she will see your thank you here!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #21  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

So my coworkers this morning said whatever happened this weekend made my weight loss really noticeable... I'm excited, then my coach said wow you look way slimmer this week and he was excited about my numbers! 3.6lbs of fat of the 4.2lbs I lost yayayaya!! This weeks was definitely the booster week I needed, and to think all this in spite of stupid TOM lol.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #22  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Although I am battling a headache today, I feel very light. Obviously I am not light but clothes are so much looser and there are less general aches and pains. Makes me want to be 100% and see what Wednesday's WI brings!

Yesterday I had to have dinner for lunch and my IP for dinner. Schedule was all off and I didn't like the potato buns I did with the package so I only ate half. I was very wonky this morning. My legs were jiggly. I'm guessing I was hypoglycemic. I ate half a bar and that seemed to help. Those pure protein bars fill me up so much I have to remind myself it is lunch time!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
So my coworkers this morning said whatever happened this weekend made my weight loss really noticeable... I'm excited, then my coach said wow you look way slimmer this week and he was excited about my numbers! 3.6lbs of fat of the 4.2lbs I lost yayayaya!! This weeks was definitely the booster week I needed, and to think all this in spite of stupid TOM lol.
YAY!!!!! it is nice when ppl notice things like this!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

I had my second weigh in this morning and I am down another 4 1/2 lbs!!! I was also able to put on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years!! It's sunny and warmer outside....a great day!!

Ruth Ann Thanks for your reply!! I appreciate it!!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #25  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

My legs are really achy today. My own fault, since I weight lifted 2 days ago, and I get really sore. I learned my lesson though. I really see why they say no exercising, even less heart pumping stuff like weights.

Since the weather is so nice I might go for a little walk, but just to the park with my boys.

Excited for my 1st WI on Wednesday.

On a side note...I'm REALLY tired today. Like falling asleep at my desk tired.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #26  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetharmony View Post
Good morning everyone!! I am planning on making the cauliflower rice tonight for dinner for the first time. I have read many posts and recipes but have a question. Somebody posted that they measure the cauliflower before grating it. Which makes sense but the recipe call for 3 1/2 cups of grated cauliflower. So the question is, when making the recipe, is it just one serving or more?
Yes, measure your two cups before grating, then measure after. See how much you have. That is one serving. Then, either cut the recipe or divide what is left into servings of the same size. Each one will be an IP veggie serving, considering you are not adding any other veggies to this meal. If so, adjust accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suda View Post
I have a few questions (I have spent the last 2 hours reading and researching but want to clarify).

I have met my weight loss goal and spent about 1.5 weeks on P2. I am now moving to P3. I am terrified of the breakfast change because I am not a person who enjoys eating in the morning. Despite that, I am going to seek out some prep ahead or quick meals. I many even have dinner or lunch foods in the morning. BUT... can P3 be for 1 week? I am going on a cruise in 2 weeks and so worried about maintaining.

I read all 21 pages of the P3 thread but any new tips would be helpful...
If you have the two weeks to devote to P3, definitely do it. Being on IP since November, which I am inferring from your profile, you need to give your body time to readjust to carbs again!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:26 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Crazy food dreams... I have read other comments on this, so I am glad to know I'm not alone!

My mom usually cooks Sunday dinner for my adult siblings, nieces, etc. She is a great cook and it's always something yummy and usually homemade desserts. I have not even touched or tasted anything... not even that yummy cake icing left on the platter as the pieces get removed...

I always sit there and eat a restricted bar or a cup of chocolate pudding while the others eat their dessert. They tease me a little, but are very supportive. (Like they'll say, "Wow, I wish I could have what YOU'RE having." Haha!)

So, all of that to say... I dreamed I was at Sunday dinner and had my little pudding cup. HOWEVER, in my dream, I had melted a SNICKERS bar and spooned it into an empty IP pudding cup. And, I sat there eating it pretending I was OP. I woke up horrified as if I'd had a nightmare!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Serenity: You have to be a member for 20 days and have made 20 posts before you can PM someone or put up a ticker. When you have reached that go to the Daily Chat and click the link on Signature/Ticker and it will tell you exactly what you need to do.

Good job! You can do this!

Thank you for the info! And for the words of encouragement!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetharmony View Post
I had my second weigh in this morning and I am down another 4 1/2 lbs!!! I was also able to put on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years!! It's sunny and warmer outside....a great day!!

Ruth Ann Thanks for your reply!! I appreciate it!!
Congratulations! A wonderful NSV! And yes, it's a beautiful day - I'm grateful!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey ya'll...I have been so busy lately, I miss checking in here! I'm sort of stuck in a rut but powering through. Lately I haven't felt like cooking anything so i'm blending my veggies into a shake. It works. I like it! I have some turkey in my dehydrator, hopefully it comes out delicious!

AmberLS, congrats on your success! You are doing so great.

Gnalosit, good job at the party! I wish we didn't have to do things like that but sometimes it's easier to avoid the questions and blend in. I hate when people start asking questions about IP (rephrase that: I hate when IP becomes the conversation for extended periods of time) but I do love informing people of something that changed my life. I just wish people didn't make it such a focus of conversation...all the time.

Sarahbell, Keep it up!!! You should be proud of yourself, Take as many small steps as you need to get to 100%. Those small steps will build a huge wall for you, which will help you defeat temptation. Remeber that you and only you makes decisions for your body! Most of us here can say that our emotional reactions in our lives directly relates to food, it's our decision to change for the better.

Yayalain, hahaha I love it!! My worst food dream was dipping cheese itz in queso. Guess I miss cheese?? I don't really have them anymore but I did in the beginning.
Closed Thread