Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Visceral fat

Hi all...god to see new faces and new questions being tossed out..

Just want to add that when you are not noticing inches coming off...

Remember you lose visceral fat on this diet...that internal fatty stuff accumulated around your heart and major organs that is so dangerous.

When you are being compliant and not seeing "measurable loss" on the scale or with the tape measure, remember that fat has also been disappearing from your internal torso. This does not show on any external measuring methods that are being used. My coach warned me about getting too upset when things slowed down visibly or measurably...and reminded me the overall health benefits of losing weight are just as important internally and were NOT measurable by anything she could do in the office. (On certain types of radiologic scans...it will show up though! I had one done to monitor a condition I have...and the radiologist noted the "severe loss of adipose and internal fat/body mass since the last scan" on the report to my physician.

Since most of us don't have to have that kind of testing done...and should not unless there is another underlying reason....what you DON'T know or see ...IS showing !!!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #17  

Height: 5 '6

65, its so great to 'read' you this morning! I miss all of your wisdom and insight! Thanks for dropping in, I love your little tidbits of advice!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 03-30-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
65, its so great to 'read' you this morning! I miss all of your wisdom and insight! Thanks for dropping in, I love your little tidbits of advice!!
Thanks Hiker...I do miss you all as well..!! But life has gotten very busy...(good stuff)...and maintenance continues to go quite well as I "play" with how to work this lifestyle for my "under-tall" body...and advancing age!

My husband may retire before this year is over....(HORRORS!!!!)...so I have a small window to get a few things done before that happens...and LOL...to enjoy having the castle all to my self!!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #19  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Thanks Hiker...I do miss you all as well..!! But life has gotten very busy...(good stuff)...and maintenance continues to go quite well as I "play" with how to work this lifestyle for my "under-tall" body...and advancing age!

My husband may retire before this year is over....(HORRORS!!!!)...so I have a small window to get a few things done before that happens...and LOL...to enjoy having the castle all to my self!!
Awe.... so many I know have an 'adjustment' period when the hubby retires! Takes awhile to get used to him in the castle! Sounds like good motivation to get things done! Have a great weekend!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #20  

"Stalls" can be frustrating but a true plateau doesn't happen unless it is 4-6 weeks of no movement on the scale or measuring tape.

This is because measurements on the scale only measure our overall weight. Not just fat loss.

There is SO MUCH that happens with weight loss. And it does not happen in a linear fashion the entire time. Most weight loss is in fits and starts.

I have a few of suggestions.

First: Have you tried pureeing your veggies? We have a whole thread about it. You can find the link in the first post of the daily (weekend) chat. If pureeing works for you, you might be able to get all 4 cups in.

Second:
It may be time to cut down a bit more on your meat protein (getting closer to the 8 oz on the plan). It looks like your six packets are right in line with the guidelines:
201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day

Third:
Scale stress is stress. And stress raises cortisol, which blocks weight loss. It was fun to weigh frequently when it was going down almost daily. As long as you stick to plan like glue, there is no need to weigh so frequently (this will become a crucial thing in maintenance, however). So, I say stay off the scale between WIs until you can deal with whatever number the scale brings. Sometimes it will go down. Sometimes it will flatline. Sometimes it might even increase a bit. This does NOT mean we're not losing fat. It is just how our bodies work. We hold onto the water that is connected with the fat and we lose it last.

Good luck! I know it is frustrating but here is what one of our maintainers says:
Being fat is hard
Weight loss is hard
Maintenance is hard
Pick your hard

RE: Tickers. That info is also in the first post of the daily chat.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

I don't know if it really works or if it is just my mind playing tricks on me but the weeks that am religious about taking my Bragg's apple cider vinegar daily, I loose more weight. I was stalled for a week and a half and I added it back into my diet and I started loosing again. Could be a coincidence though... Fermented foods are good for you though so whether it helps break a stall or not I will keep up on it daily...
Old 03-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #22  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
"Stalls" can be frustrating but a true plateau doesn't happen unless it is 4-6 weeks of no movement on the scale or measuring tape.

This is because measurements on the scale only measure our overall weight. Not just fat loss.

There is SO MUCH that happens with weight loss. And it does not happen in a linear fashion the entire time. Most weight loss is in fits and starts.

I have a few of suggestions.

First: Have you tried pureeing your veggies? We have a whole thread about it. You can find the link in the first post of the daily (weekend) chat. If pureeing works for you, you might be able to get all 4 cups in.

Second:
It may be time to cut down a bit more on your meat protein (getting closer to the 8 oz on the plan). It looks like your six packets are right in line with the guidelines:
201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day

Third:
Scale stress is stress. And stress raises cortisol, which blocks weight loss. It was fun to weigh frequently when it was going down almost daily. As long as you stick to plan like glue, there is no need to weigh so frequently (this will become a crucial thing in maintenance, however). So, I say stay off the scale between WIs until you can deal with whatever number the scale brings. Sometimes it will go down. Sometimes it will flatline. Sometimes it might even increase a bit. This does NOT mean we're not losing fat. It is just how our bodies work. We hold onto the water that is connected with the fat and we lose it last.

Good luck! I know it is frustrating but here is what one of our maintainers says:
Being fat is hard
Weight loss is hard
Maintenance is hard
Pick your hard

RE: Tickers. That info is also in the first post of the daily chat.
"Pick your hard" EPIC! and my new motto, so true!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:23 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardude View Post
I've been on plan now since January 13, 2014. 11 weeks, going into the 12 week. I have been pleased with my weight loss. I have lost 54 pounds in that time, but I was just wondering about the past couple weeks, whereas nothing seems to be helping. I have lost 20 inches in that time, but I don't really understand the whole measuring thing. The coach measures in 5 or 6 different areas, but I have lost weight in other areas, probably more so than in the areas that are being measured. lol! For instance, I don't have what you would call a "neck" lol, but what I do have has seen a loss of at of least 2.5 to 3 inches, maybe more, but that isn't factored into my figures. I have lost significantly where my pants and belt sit, but she measures around my belly, and around my butt/hips, so that isn't factored into my figures.
beardude...EXACT same day I started on IP and I'm experiencing a stall too!! Last Wednesday weigh in...0 pounds lost. I normally don't weigh myself at all under the following Wednesday, but because of that 0 loss, I've been checking the scale every day...and NOT. ONE. CHANGE. So we have the stall in common...
Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #24  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Too much protein can definitely cause a stall. This is a moderate protein diet and not a high protein one.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #25  
maintaining since 9/2013

hi beardude, adding more food for thought, so to speak....constipation is a common culprit when weight loss slows, though I agree with the other posters that your progress is great and your body may just be pausing. Big C may be an issue even if you are going everyday. The colon can hang onto up to 10 lbs.

Another thought, IF you have actually stalled is that it may be time to taper down a packet, since you have lost so much already. You are very close to the 200s. Getting less food as a result of weight loss seems like a negative reward imho, but those other rewards are golden!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

14 weeks and I am stalled too. I am yoyoing between the same +/-2 lbs
Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #27  

Are you following plan 100%?
How long stalled?
A true plateau would be 4-6 weeks with no movement on scale or measuring tape

I know it is frustrating but don't give up. Weight loss isn't linear, there are ebbs and flows
Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #28  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardude View Post
I was given 6 packets a day, one breakfast and 1dinner, 3 unrestricted snack and 1 restricted. I started out with 14 oz of meat and I am down to 11 now. I started at 360 and I am down to 307.6 now (where I have been for 4 or 5 days, lol)
That sounds like a lot of extra food and packets to me also. I started out at 378 pounds and only ever had 3 packets a day and 8 ounces protein at the evening meal plus 2 cups veggies at lunch and at dinner.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Are you following plan 100%?
How long stalled?
A true plateau would be 4-6 weeks with no movement on scale or measuring tape

I know it is frustrating but don't give up. Weight loss isn't linear, there are ebbs and flows
Hi Lisa I have only lost net 1lbs in the last 3-4 weeks and sometimes I gain two and then it goes back to my last lowest weight. I am 99.99% OP its hard for me to say if I am 100% there are days when I dont have my packet in the afternoon because I had meat for lunch. I get all my water in and I have also not lost any inches
Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Hi Lisa I have only lost net 1lbs in the last 3-4 weeks and sometimes I gain two and then it goes back to my last lowest weight. I am 99.99% OP its hard for me to say if I am 100% there are days when I dont have my packet in the afternoon because I had meat for lunch. I get all my water in and I have also not lost any inches
Post a couple days' menus and we can see if there are any tips we can find to help you out!

It is essential to get ALL your packets in... You can have your meat meal at lunch, but then you have your packet at dinner.

Eating TOO LITTLE can also stall weight loss. Counter-intuitive I know, but very true! So are you measuring all veggies and meat (raw), adding your oil on your food (not cooking with it), drinking all water? Also many of our losers eat 3-4 cups lettuce each day which also aids losses.

Try changing up your meat and enjoy a nice steak once a week or so... Often losses will follow the slightly increased fat (though still a lean steak, so not a rib eye!)

Last edited by JLUS; 04-08-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Closed Thread