Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Make sure you measure EVERYTHING.

And if you are, just know this too shall pass. The scale jumping around a bit from time-to-time is just part of the process. I once skipped a WI due to a "stuck" scale and after 3 weeks, the scale finally budged.

This is why scale isn't the only measure of weight loss and we all need to remember what we're really trying to achieve is FAT loss. Weight loss can bounce around even when we're losing fat, due to water.
Did your measurements change?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, I lost inches everywhere so that made my pathetic weight loss more palatable. I'm just going to stick to it! My scale won't stay non-compliant for long!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Angry i am having a hard day

today is cold wet, damp, cold and rainy. I am just sucking down water like a sponge BUT yet I want sweets ARGH! I need some DUST please!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #48  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

S/C/G: 171/134.2/140

Height: 5'2", 56 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
today is cold wet, damp, cold and rainy. I am just sucking down water like a sponge BUT yet I want sweets ARGH! I need some DUST please!
Hang in there!!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #49  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Had my weekly WI and maintained exactly the same. Not thrilled, but I know there were many factors that played into that. TOM is one (happened last month, too...stayed exactly the same that week), the Big C is going on right now, I travelled with our Miss WA girls last weekend and my eating was off a bit (mostly OP, but later meals and a few cheats). I lost half an inch in my arm but that was it for measurements...all the same. My body fat percentage was down and my lean mass was up. So, I possibly lost some fat while retaining some water?

I won't be going in next week. Gearing up for an 8 day trip to Southern CA to tour colleges with my daughter. REALLY needing to plan out that week so that I stay OP. Meals out, some nights in hotels and some nights with relatives, lots of walking campuses, some days without my daughter and meeting up with friends and relatives there, etc. I'll take lots of IP food with me and hunt down some good restaurant options. Some of our meals with be provided on campus, and there's usually a salad bar or something there. I'm determined to have a BIG loss when I get back after all of that.

I have MANY busy weeks/weekends coming up. NO more excuses, it's full on to the finish now. My hope is to be at goal by June 1st.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #50  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
A little frustrated today... My scale has been refusing to budge much the past two weeks... I've been stuck between 190.9 and 192 for two weeks. Well not much to do about it other than stay on the plan and know that it will eventually start going down again because quitting will make the scale go up and that just won't do!
I love your thinking!! I have had this same conversation in my head many times. Keeping moving forward is the best choice!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #51  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Anyone try the IP soy nuts? I took a picture of the label and then compared to bulk at the grocery store. With the quick mental math since the numbers referred to different quantities there was really very little difference. And since the IP ones are flavoured there was also sugar and yeast in them. The biggest surprise is that IP is $4 a pack for 30 grams each. I bought the same amount for $2!! I almost need to go back and check all the numbers because that is a ridiculous difference.

I used to season my own nuts after tossing in egg white and adding a bunch of chili like flavours and then baking them in a low oven. I could do that with soy nuts too.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #52  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

S/C/G: 171/134.2/140

Height: 5'2", 56 yrs

ChipnDip - I tried the BBQ soy nuts on day 2. I didn't like them much, and haven't had any since.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Super tired today. This is the first time (I'm in week 4) that the Keurig has been calling my name all day. So far I am alternating water (16 oz) for every cup of herbal tea. So ready for 6pm!!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
Super tired today. This is the first time (I'm in week 4) that the Keurig has been calling my name all day. So far I am alternating water (16 oz) for every cup of herbal tea. So ready for 6pm!!
Maybe change up your herbal tea to a ginger or ginseng one for a bit more pep...
helps me.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 178.2/178.2/164

Height: 5ft 5ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
A little frustrated today... My scale has been refusing to budge much the past two weeks... I've been stuck between 190.9 and 192 for two weeks. Well not much to do about it other than stay on the plan and know that it will eventually start going down again because quitting will make the scale go up and that just won't do!

Don't be frustrated....dropping lbs will soon kick in, i understand the feeling though, i started March 17th @173.8 and to present day i have lost 5.6lbs down to 168.2lbs.....i wish it would pick up abit but i know its a lifestyle and process....Good luck for next weight in
Old 03-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #56  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
WI #3 (yesterday): -3.6 lbs! Yea! It's funny, I was hoping for more since I only lost 1 lb last week. But then I looked at the total...-11.6 lbs in 3 weeks. I haven't been able to do that in years!

I'm really happy and very hopeful!

BTW, Happy very belated Birthday, Lisa!
Good for you! I agree the weekly amounts seem small, but when you start to add them up -ZOWIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Anyone try the IP soy nuts? I took a picture of the label and then compared to bulk at the grocery store. With the quick mental math since the numbers referred to different quantities there was really very little difference. And since the IP ones are flavoured there was also sugar and yeast in them. The biggest surprise is that IP is $4 a pack for 30 grams each. I bought the same amount for $2!! I almost need to go back and check all the numbers because that is a ridiculous difference.

I used to season my own nuts after tossing in egg white and adding a bunch of chili like flavours and then baking them in a low oven. I could do that with soy nuts too.
Wow -I had completely forgotten about soy nuts! I know I can get those around here from bulk bins :-D
Old 03-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #57  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

WI #4 and another 4lbs were sent packing this week I'm preparing for a lull as I can feel TOM creeping up on me. And by creeping, I mean ruthlessly throwing hormones and retaining water all over my body.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #58  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
WI #4 and another 4lbs were sent packing this week I'm preparing for a lull as I can feel TOM creeping up on me. And by creeping, I mean ruthlessly throwing hormones and retaining water all over my body.
Me too! I hate TOM
Old 03-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post

I soooo wish there was a 'like' button on here! LOL
Liana
Old 03-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #60  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post

I ate them almost every day for 6 months. Couldn't stand the garlic onion flavor, but the BBQ was pretty good. For restricted, I just couldn't handle bars that would call out to me and leave me always wishing for another one. I'm one of those people who has to have foods that are "good but not too good".
I tried store bought soynuts from Whole Foods bulk bin. They were roasted and salted. They were different from IP--very hard to chew and not as easy to digest. The IP ones are crunchy but not so hard.

I think your way of tweaking them sounds promising. Might taste even better in addition to being way less expensive. Good luck & let us know how it goes!

canadajineh; just noticed you're at goal for 3+ weeks! Congratulations!!!

Last edited by mars735; 03-27-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Closed Thread