Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Is there anyone struggling with being stalled when it comes to the number on the scale? I put my scale away for a couple of weeks to prevent me from checking every other day. This morning I weighed myself and I'm still the same, despite watching and carefully planning my meals. It is so frustrating. I measured last night and the numbers haven't changed either. Any thoughts?? ......
Here are some ideas....
1.Eat a head of Romaine lettuce a day...half with lunch, half with dinner.
2.Weigh your veggies instead of putting them in a measuring cup. Depending on the size you cut them up, it could vary widely. 6 ounces is what I was told by my coach and it has served me well. (You can still stuff spinach and other leafy greens.)
3. Cut out the restricteds.....at least for a while. (I did it for a week and had my largest weekly loss yet.)
4. Drink lots of water.
5. Get in some light exercise at least 3 times a week.

Hang in there! It will happen. Hope some of these might help.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
WI #3 (yesterday): -3.6 lbs! Yea! It's funny, I was hoping for more since I only lost 1 lb last week. But then I looked at the total...-11.6 lbs in 3 weeks. I haven't been able to do that in years!

I'm really happy and very hopeful!

BTW, Happy very belated Birthday, Lisa!
That is an awesome 3 week total! Congrats!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
The show opens tonight!! Good thing because I am tired. Oh to be young again and handle this schedule.
Break a leg!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas145 View Post
Don't be frustrated....dropping lbs will soon kick in, i understand the feeling though, i started March 17th @173.8 and to present day i have lost 5.6lbs down to 168.2lbs.....i wish it would pick up abit but i know its a lifestyle and process....Good luck for next weight in
Thanks!! Good luck to you as well! We will be so glad we stuck with it in a few months!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
The show opens tonight!! Good thing because I am tired. Oh to be young again and handle this schedule.
Break all the appropriate appendages!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Finished Day 4 and Discouraged. 100% OP. 0 pounds lost. Starving all the time. Grouchy and feeling so doubtful. Had a big fight with DH because he doesn't understand my feelings and thinks I just want to quit. I ended up in tears and removing myself from the conversation. I am having trouble keeping my eye on the prize, and today I have felt like I just can't do this. It rules my every thought (when am I going to eat, what can I eat, where can I eat). I missed out on my sons' soccer practices because if I had gone, I wouldn't have gotten home until 7:30, and I was already starving. I work full time so no time to eat beforehand. I had a shake at 4:30 but was still hungry.

Not sure why I am posting here...except I feel alone. I don't want to feel like I made the wrong decision by doing this diet, but I lost more doing South Beach the first 4 days and I wasn't starving myself. So confused and so sad, especially after fighting with DH.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #67  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Finished Day 4 and Discouraged. 100% OP. 0 pounds lost. Starving all the time. Grouchy and feeling so doubtful. Had a big fight with DH because he doesn't understand my feelings and thinks I just want to quit. I ended up in tears and removing myself from the conversation. I am having trouble keeping my eye on the prize, and today I have felt like I just can't do this. It rules my every thought (when am I going to eat, what can I eat, where can I eat). I missed out on my sons' soccer practices because if I had gone, I wouldn't have gotten home until 7:30, and I was already starving. I work full time so no time to eat beforehand. I had a shake at 4:30 but was still hungry.

Not sure why I am posting here...except I feel alone. I don't want to feel like I made the wrong decision by doing this diet, but I lost more doing South Beach the first 4 days and I wasn't starving myself. So confused and so sad, especially after fighting with DH.
Calm down, deep breaths, and give it a chance You won't be starving very very soon!! In fact you'll be so full you'll feel disgusted at the sight of your food I PROMISE!!!! I had those feelings during day 2 and 3, it's common, your body is transitioning and getting rid of the carbs! Don't give up! I'm in my sixth week and I feel amazing!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Maryland Mom, the first couple of weeks suck. It is hard and emotional at the beginning. Are you breaking up your protein? Having 2oz. at lunch really helps. When are you having your restricted? Are you drinking all of your water? Eating lettuce? Hot herbal tea helps with the hunger. If you need a snack, pickles helped me in the beginning. Once you get into ketosis, the hunger fades. All I can say is that sticking it out was worth every bad moment at the beginning. In 5 months, I have lost over 60 pounds and am off my blood pressure medicine. Sticking to IP has improved both my health and my attitude. I wish you strength. You are not alone in this journey.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
WI #4 and another 4lbs were sent packing this week I'm preparing for a lull as I can feel TOM creeping up on me. And by creeping, I mean ruthlessly throwing hormones and retaining water all over my body.
Congrats! I had a WI as well, and I'm down another 2.8lbs.

NSVs: Had another person tell me this morning that my face looks thinner, and I can button my vests again. Haven't been able to do that in years! Oh, and I'll need a new belt soon: the current one is too big!

Creeping up on mini-goal #1: 250lbs....

Last edited by Fearciuil; 03-27-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #70  
Started March '14

S/C/G: 296/254.6/179

Height: 5'5

Default Sooo Excited!

Today was my first weigh in... I lost 17 3/4 inches the most inches in a week at my center and 7.8 pounds. Super excited to see what next week brings
Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Wink

Quote:

First off momma!! Changing our eating habits can reek havoc on our bodies, it is like we are going on a with drawl from everything we love (sugar, carbs, processed stuff) and we feel like krap.

I know my first week I was ready to eat the darn cabinet doors and hinges I was so famished!! BUT I started to add in 1-2 oz of protein with my lunch. I did that for almost 2.5-3 weeks and it helped ALOT. It takes time for your body to level out and adjust the new you.

I have a hard time being 100%, stress, kids, arguments with DH and life in general make it hard some days. I have started to put a sticker on my calendar when I stay OP 100%, so I have a lot of stickers on my sheet but I hope to windle them down to none and need more!

Post here all you need, vent, scream, cry and ask questions!! I have no coach but the people here. I may not be the poster child for IP but I am human and understand the obstacles in life!

Good Luck and don't worry you will be fine!

ps. drinking herbal tea with some cinnamon in can help too and LOTs of water!

Last edited by sarahBell; 03-27-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe View Post
Today was my first weigh in... I lost 17 3/4 inches the most inches in a week at my center and 7.8 pounds. Super excited to see what next week brings
whoo hooo!!! awesome WI congrats!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #73  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:

Oh my dear, you are definitely not alone! Many of us struggled through the first few days. Weighing yourself frequently is not helping, so stay away from that scale until your official weigh in- it seems like it is stressing you out more, and stress can curtail your losses.

Planning and prepping will help you. Eat romaine when you need it to stave off the hunger, and take some foods with you if you need to head to practice for your son. Pickles may also help, and they count as a veggie. Drink water, brush your teeth to trick your mind into thinking you don't need to eat (or try breath strips). You can do this, and you are so worth it!!!

Renee
Old 03-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #74  

Maryland Mom – I wish I could help you. I know you must be going through a rough time. I know you're already into this. Water seems to curb any hunger I would develop. I find it really does help.

I'm writing this more for the people considering ideal protein diet, the lurkers out there. I did not go through the tough time Maryland Mom is going through because I went low-carb for two weeks before I started the IP diet. I got past the carb withdrawl before my intake was limited. If I was hungry, I ate....just no carbs. Just something to consider.....

Maryland Mom, hang in there! It really does get easier! This is by far the easiest diet I have ever been on and I've tried plenty. Lean on us. We're here for you.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

HUGS!!

Can you post a typical daily menu ... Maybe we can spot something to help you out or to confirm you are right on track!!

Step AWAY from the scale... Repeat - Step AWAY from the scale!!! Stress increases cortisol and cortisol stalls losses...

Yes, get some pickles and lettuce and munch away. Try a couple scrambled egg whites. Drink lots of warm tea or even some chicken or beef broth as an extra snack. Save some lunch veggies and add them to the broth for some soup.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Closed Thread