Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Happy Belated birthday Lisa!!

I am almost 40 lbs gone, started out in size 24 jeans. Had to buy jeans due to my one pair zipper breaking ( I refused to buy bigger clothes)bought size 22 and they fit, that was 3 weeks ago and now they are very lose. I live in my yoga pants so not buying new jeans till I have too lol.

Tomorrow is week 10 WI

Amber: Learning from your past just shows your growing as an individual, good for you. A lot of people just keep replaying the same story just new characters Good Luck and stay strong.
I know it took me 50 pounds down before down sizes now in last 3 wks been able to get in to smaller sizes. A great place to get jeans and no pay a lot is Goodwill or second hand stores. Goodwill is about $4.00 for them, so don't mind if I shrink out of them. Such a good feeling.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
yes!
201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day
Seriously??? I weighed 245 at my first weigh in and they told me 3 packets a day and won't let me buy more than 21 per week.

I have reading comments about how much energy people get and I am just so sluggish and weak feeling. Maybe I need to add an extra alternative product each day?? My clinic is usually out of ready-to-drink/ pre-made drinks, so I bought some EAS Carb Control and Premier Protein snack drinks to take with me when I'm out all day. So, I could do an extra that way, even though they're not selling me more than 21.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #63  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Such a tough day at school. We are giving a new computerized standardized test to the kids. It took 4 periods for one test. After that we had four reg. classes filled with crabby,squirrelly and (one) quite surly kids. I am tired and dejected, but I am not turning to food for comfort. That is a huge change. Only 3 more of these endless tests to go!
OMG I am so with you!!! By 2 PM today, I could have sworn it was a Friday afternoon! We had four periods of tests today and the same tomorrow, then two periods on Thursday (which is what we did yesterday). Sending you good testing vibes and to get through the coming days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Beyond lame! I've been divorced, I don't have the tolerance to deal with BS and a guy who's essentially been great for almost a year pulled the stupidest crap last night and he says I'm over reacting because I told him to move out and I was done. Well when you leave at 4, say you'll be back at 6, promise my child Chinese food for dinner and then don't show, don't call, don't answer calls or texts until 11 pm, that's 7 hours later and you are trashed well I call that a problem, not going to deal with it, my girls and I don't have any room for that. I guess that's what I get for dating lol, only guy I've let meet my kids, eventually moved in together, grrr no offense to any guys out there but some men are so stupid! (so are some women) lol
Sorry you are going through this. Your girls are more important. Sounds like you made the right decision to be "done". for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdlturtle View Post
I know it took me 50 pounds down before down sizes now in last 3 wks been able to get in to smaller sizes. A great place to get jeans and no pay a lot is Goodwill or second hand stores. Goodwill is about $4.00 for them, so don't mind if I shrink out of them. Such a good feeling.
Agreed about the Goodwill stores! My jeans are all from there, and they are in great shape. My daughter even found some Lucky brand jeans there.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

The chicken dijonnaise and beef stroganoff count as your 8 oz of protein. You just add 2 cups of veggies and your dinner is done.

Personally I wouldn't use them all the time because of the sodium and additives in them but they are convenient for traveling and times you're in a bind (however, careful planning can help with that.)
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #65  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
The chicken dijonnaise and beef stroganoff count as your 8 oz of protein. You just add 2 cups of veggies and your dinner is done.

Personally I wouldn't use them all the time because of the sodium and additives in them but they are convenient for traveling and times you're in a bind (however, careful planning can help with that.)
Definitely not worth it. I didn't buy mine but the person told me you don't get 7 of them. Was not very tasty in my opinion. I'd rather do store bought chicken or eggs if I am in a hurry again.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Seriously??? I weighed 245 at my first weigh in and they told me 3 packets a day and won't let me buy more than 21 per week.

I have reading comments about how much energy people get and I am just so sluggish and weak feeling. Maybe I need to add an extra alternative product each day?? My clinic is usually out of ready-to-drink/ pre-made drinks, so I bought some EAS Carb Control and Premier Protein snack drinks to take with me when I'm out all day. So, I could do an extra that way, even though they're not selling me more than 21.
That is surprising. I can't buy out the store but I can definitely get 5 or 6 boxes. They encourage some variety to help me stay on plan. I know some are worried you won't come back in a week but I would think they would rather you buy an extra box than have you buy alternatives. I'm sure that would be "against the rules".

I also get so annoyed when the shelves are lacking product. So few choices as it is and then to be forced to settle on something you really don't know. My clinic is just starting out so there have been lots of challenges.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Definitely not worth it. I didn't buy mine but the person told me you don't get 7 of them. Was not very tasty in my opinion. I'd rather do store bought chicken or eggs if I am in a hurry again.
I don't think so either. Plus they're $30 for a box (only 3 packets!)
Old 03-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #68  

Quote:
That is surprising. I can't buy out the store but I can definitely get 5 or 6 boxes. They encourage some variety to help me stay on plan. I know some are worried you won't come back in a week but I would think they would rather you buy an extra box than have you buy alternatives. I'm sure that would be "against the rules".

I also get so annoyed when the shelves are lacking product. So few choices as it is and then to be forced to settle on something you really don't know. My clinic is just starting out so there have been lots of challenges.

The good part is that I can buy the single packets and do not have to buy entire boxes. They gave me a sample bag the first week and I was able to try a good assortment then. But, I have definitely had some I didn't like. I'm sure glad I wasn't stuck with a box of those flavors!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #69  

Quote:
The good part is that I can buy the single packets and do not have to buy entire boxes. They gave me a sample bag the first week and I was able to try a good assortment then. But, I have definitely had some I didn't like. I'm sure glad I wasn't stuck with a box of those flavors!
I wish I could buy singles! Funny how all the clinics are able to run differently
Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #70  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
That is odd - the more they sell the more money they make. I've heard of clinics requiring you to buy 21 packets a week but never limiting it to 21. My coach lets me buy all I want - sometimes I buy more than 21, sometimes less.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #71  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Quote:
I wish I could buy singles! Funny how all the clinics are able to run differently

I used to be able to buy singles, until that coach left and the original coach took it over again. She said that they aren't allowed to if they aren't labeled for individual sale (FDA rule...and it makes sense). They are, however, starting to label some of the more popular packets to sell individually. Last week, we noticed that the yogurt drink is labeled that way now.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #72  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
That is odd - the more they sell the more money they make. I've heard of clinics requiring you to buy 21 packets a week but never limiting it to 21. My coach lets me buy all I want - sometimes I buy more than 21, sometimes less.
I can buy as much as I want, too. Have to buy full boxes, or swap out packets from her "stash" if I don't want all, but I can buy out the place if I wanted to. I actually prefer to buy 2 weeks worth at a time, since I get full boxes. Allows for a lot more variety. I've bought 7 or 8 boxes at a time before. Then I don't have to buy again for a little bit. Nice to do it along with pay periods, too.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #73  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!
So, a while back I was posting about some emotional issues with loosing weight, and I have continued to experience these emotions. I had an interesting discussion with one of my friends who is about to graduate with a Masters in Psychology, and I was describing my emotions to her, and her comments really put it into perspective for me. She told me that part of the reason I may feel the way I do is that I have previously identified completely who I am with my weight, and being a bigger girl, and now that I have lost almost 90 lbs, I don't really know who I am, so I have to rediscover who I am within my new body. It will take some time, but I highly recommend if anyone feels the way I do to talk to someone, a friend, a mentor, or even a professional. I know with graduation lingering in a little over a month, and with a lot of emotional stuff that has happened to me this year so far, I took a courageous step in my life, and scheduled an appointment with the counselor here on campus... I thought, since I am going to be a psychologist, I should probably have the experience of going to one anyways
Just wanted to share whats going on in my life. Also thats part of the reason I havent been on here as much.
IP love to you all!
Deana
Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Deana, you have continuously made the right decisions on your journey. I love that you are setting a solid foundation for the rest of your life. I hope that you feel satisfaction and joy in your progress both physically and emotionally.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
It was a nurse in this clinic that told me. She is "assigned" the role of weighing in IP clients and selling them the products. Perhaps I should go over her head and speak to someone else? She (this nurse) is in NO way a coach. She just silently waits for me to step on the scales, then writes down the number without saying anything about whether I've lost or gained. It's a good thing I can do math and subtract myself.

So, I am not surprised if she didn't know what she was talking about. Haha!

(BTW, this clinic is a surgeon's office. His specialty is weight loss surgery so that is their main focus. They sell IP products to people who are considering WLS and are working toward that. They say people should show they can follow a restricted plan for three months before doing surgery. I'm not sure they really care if people are successful on IP alone??) Just my two cents worth and a little bit of a "rant" (and the reason I'm considering switching to another clinic).

Last edited by Yayalaine; 03-25-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Closed Thread