3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Tuesday IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294119-tuesday-ip-daily-chat.html)

FacingIt27 03-25-2014 09:56 PM

Very interesting discussion today... Shocked that a clinic is limiting the purchases!

Came on to post this for you guys too, thought it was a great article.
http://authoritynutrition.com/5-cont...t-advice-ever/

ChipnDip 03-25-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4970760)
I used to be able to buy singles, until that coach left and the original coach took it over again. She said that they aren't allowed to if they aren't labeled for individual sale (FDA rule...and it makes sense). They are, however, starting to label some of the more popular packets to sell individually. Last week, we noticed that the yogurt drink is labeled that way now.

The person training my coach did mention single sale labelled packages were coming soon. I'm sure the price will be higher.

AmberLS 03-25-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsGracie (Post 4970686)
Sending :hug: for you and your girls!!

Thanks, we are gonna be fine. After 7 years with their dad I'm pretty solid with myself and my abilities. I don't take crap, I take care of myself, pay my own bills, and we'll be fine :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4970697)
OMG I am so with you!!! By 2 PM today, I could have sworn it was a Friday afternoon! We had four periods of tests today and the same tomorrow, then two periods on Thursday (which is what we did yesterday). Sending you good testing vibes :book2: and :dust: to get through the coming days.

Sorry you are going through this. Your girls are more important. Sounds like you made the right decision to be "done". :hug: :grouphug: for you!

My kids have been nuts for two days also! No testing just rowdy! Thank you for the support, my kids are my world so onward and upward we go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacingIt27 (Post 4970783)
Very interesting discussion today... Shocked that a clinic is limiting the purchases!

and if I Came on to post this for you guys too, thought it was a great article.
http://authoritynutrition.com/5-cont...t-advice-ever/

That is strange, I have a supply of products, doc doesn't even track I just go in and buy what I want when I want, but he doesn't carry brownies or white cheddar puffs and if I want them I have to order 3 boxes of each.

AmberLS 03-25-2014 10:32 PM

So I went to dinner again, lol starting to get comfy. Went to a Chinese buffet that has a Mongolian grill. Had broccoli, bean sprouts, bell peppers, chicken, and shrimp with garlic, just cooked in water then added soy sauce. Definitely stayed OP but not sure if I got enough meat or veggies, it's kind of hard to judge still, but I didn't go over. I figured better under than over.

Hiker88 03-25-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yayalaine (Post 4970694)
Seriously??? I weighed 245 at my first weigh in and they told me 3 packets a day and won't let me buy more than 21 per week.

I have reading comments about how much energy people get and I am just so sluggish and weak feeling. Maybe I need to add an extra alternative product each day?? My clinic is usually out of ready-to-drink/ pre-made drinks, so I bought some EAS Carb Control and Premier Protein snack drinks to take with me when I'm out all day. So, I could do an extra that way, even though they're not selling me more than 21.

I had four packets a day until I went under 200 lbs.. I had great losses and had no problems transitioning to three a day.

Hiker88 03-25-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deana509 (Post 4970764)
Hello all!
So, a while back I was posting about some emotional issues with loosing weight, and I have continued to experience these emotions. I had an interesting discussion with one of my friends who is about to graduate with a Masters in Psychology, and I was describing my emotions to her, and her comments really put it into perspective for me. She told me that part of the reason I may feel the way I do is that I have previously identified completely who I am with my weight, and being a bigger girl, and now that I have lost almost 90 lbs, I don't really know who I am, so I have to rediscover who I am within my new body. It will take some time, but I highly recommend if anyone feels the way I do to talk to someone, a friend, a mentor, or even a professional. I know with graduation lingering in a little over a month, and with a lot of emotional stuff that has happened to me this year so far, I took a courageous step in my life, and scheduled an appointment with the counselor here on campus... I thought, since I am going to be a psychologist, I should probably have the experience of going to one anyways :)
Just wanted to share whats going on in my life. Also thats part of the reason I havent been on here as much.
IP love to you all!
Deana

Great to hear from you Deana, I totally agree with your outlook on emotions and how the weight loss affects us. There's a lot more going on than shedding pounds... it comes off pretty fast with IP and it can be a lot to wrap our heads around (and emotions!!) Thanks for talking about this aspect of our journey!

JLUS 03-25-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4970824)
I had four packets a day until I went under 200 lbs.. I had great losses and had no problems transitioning to three a day.

Same for me... Started with for (only 1 restricted). Great losses and hen transitioned you three packets when I entered Onderland!

tinespeens 03-25-2014 11:34 PM

NSV today: at yoga tonight I was able to touch my toes for the first time (not for very long, but they touched!!) i was thrilled.
super sore but totally worth it. :)

Hiker88 03-25-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinespeens (Post 4970832)
NSV today: at yoga tonight I was able to touch my toes for the first time (not for very long, but they touched!!) i was thrilled.
super sore but totally worth it. :)

Yay! I think its so important to celebrate EVERY milestone... take the time to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how awesome you are doing!! Because YOU ARE!!

Vmoktan 03-26-2014 12:11 AM

glued to the scale ...HELP

Hi folks,

I have now been on IP for 16 days. I am staying100% OP. I am not losing much weight but I am satisfied with the inches I have lost ... I can feel it in everything I do.
My problem is, I find myself hopping on to the scale at least 3 times a day and I get discouraged by the way my weight seems to fluctuate throughout the day .

I am sure I ought not to weigh myself so often.....

should I just bury my scales? :?:

Fearciuil 03-26-2014 12:26 AM

Made it through the first night of Parent-Teacher conferences ... PTO got us pizza for dinner, so I just stayed in the front office and played board games with the art teacher. Our conventional testing finished yesterday, new computerized testing will be next month, spring break starts Friday, and the weather is all over the place, so the kids are a bit crazy!

NSV: Three different people commented today about my face being thinner. :woohoo:

jendilly 03-26-2014 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4970788)
The person training my coach did mention single sale labelled packages were coming soon. I'm sure the price will be higher.

At my place, they are the same price for singles as they would be for the box, divided by 7. No increase for having them labeled individually.