Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #46  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas145 View Post
Morning Guys,

I am looking at mu post and i am seeing that i am invisible. what does that mean....please explain. Can you even see my post.
I see this post
Old 03-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Can't get warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Question.....has anyone else found that they are colder than normal while doing IP? For the past few weeks I feel like I can never warm up!! I've even been wearing sweats and socks to bed -- totally out of the norm for me. I eat red meat at least 2x per week and take an iron supplement so I don't think it's anemia (energy levels are also the same). Hmm...
I am always cold. Even before I started IP. I run my heater under my desk all day at work. Yesterday I had the building people close all the vents in my office because I was convinced that cold air was blowing on me. Sunday night, I wore my fluffy bathrobe to bed, heavy socks, and two blankets. I could not get warm and it was 50 degrees outside. Crazy! Since other things are out of whack, insulin resistance, weight, maybe internal temperature control is broken too.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #48  

Default Veggie Hater!

My husband and I started 3/16. We've been using EAS AdvantEdge shakes and following the rest of the plan. We've both lost weight, day 4 he's lost 9lbs and I've lost 8.

I know its mostly water weight the first week, due to us drinking our water. The problem I have is that I don't like most veggie and the ones permitted on Phase 1 are the ones I don't like.I can't eat Broccoli or cauliflower unless its finely minced into something else. Husband loves Broccoli.

I can't live on dill pickles or can I? I'm drinking my water, but I'm probably only eating 1 cups of veggies for the whole day.

Any suggestions for a Veggie Hater like me?
Old 03-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Default Can see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas145 View Post
Morning Guys,

I am looking at mu post and i am seeing that i am invisible. what does that mean....please explain. Can you even see my post.
Hi Nas!! sure - we can see you!
Old 03-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishlo73 View Post
My husband and I started 3/16. We've been using EAS AdvantEdge shakes and following the rest of the plan. We've both lost weight, day 4 he's lost 9lbs and I've lost 8.

I know its mostly water weight the first week, due to us drinking our water. The problem I have is that I don't like most veggie and the ones permitted on Phase 1 are the ones I don't like.I can't eat Broccoli or cauliflower unless its finely minced into something else. Husband loves Broccoli.

I can't live on dill pickles or can I? I'm drinking my water, but I'm probably only eating 1 cups of veggies for the whole day.

My suggestion is to just mince your broccoli and cauliflower. You don't need to eat a variety of veggies, you have to get your 4 cups in. You can make cauliflower rice and it is surprisingly good.

Why don't you put your shakes in a blender and add some spinach or kale to it?

Also try eating your salads and lettuce with WF dressing. Try different kinds and find what you like.

If you cannot eat your veggies, this diet will be very difficult for you, as they are very important for fibre that they provide and for filing our tummies so we do not reach for junky convenience foods.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #51  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Had my weekly WI today and I'm down 2.2 pounds. I've officially gone past the 30 pounds lost mark...and HALFWAY to my ultimate goal.

I am cold all the time, also. It especially hits me in the afternoon, so I usually drink some decaf herbal tea then to warm up. My hands are always cold though.

Happy First Day of Spring!! We made it through another winter...although it's only mid 40s here today.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #52  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Regarding being invisible.
Go to UserCP and you can edit your profile, there's an option to be "invisible"

Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #53  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelstpe View Post
Good morning everyone! I was curious what type of sweetener everyone uses in their coffee? I was a sweet n low user and switched to Splenda, not really loving it, but willing to tolerate it if I can lose weight! Lol!
I use Nectresse (made from Monk Fruit) in my tea, and I love it!! No aftertaste at all... and it's 100% natural!
Old 03-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #54  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:

I blend frozen spinach into my protein shake every morning, and I can't taste the spinach at all! It's a good way to get 1 or even 2 cups of veggies in without tasting them!

*BTW, 1/6 cup of frozen spinach = 1 cup of raw spinach, and 1/3 cup of frozen spinach = 2 cups of raw spinach... so easy to get in 2 cups if blended with a shake!!
Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #55  

Default Afternoon Snack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbLover443 View Post
That's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I just got back from weighing and getting measured. Down 2.2 this week and 4 inches. I'll take it!

My coach did say to start having my restricted at lunchtime to help me with afternoon hunger.
CarbLover - Great job on the losses this week. Do you find you're hungry mid-morning as well? What do you snack on in the morning? I am following alternative products to IP, but still within the protocol of IP. I usually have my restricted snack at 10AM, as that is when I'm starting to need something. But I still do feel like munching around 3Pm... I guess I could eat unrestricted veggies at that time..
Old 03-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I know its mostly water weight the first week, due to us drinking our water. The problem I have is that I don't like most veggie and the ones permitted on Phase 1 are the ones I don't like.I can't eat Broccoli or cauliflower unless its finely minced into something else. Husband loves Broccoli
Trishlo - I have the same problem. I have weird allergies to certain veggies and have become really picky as a result. Sometimes I feel like a five year old and have to find ways to hide my veggies. I do foil packets where I steam them with my protein, a little chicken stock and EVOO and they taste more like the protein. Especially if they are chopped small. I also love that we can have rhubarb. Cook it down and mix it with a little WF jam to sweeten and its like a dessert. Kale chips are another good alternative. They are easy to make and a great way to get in more veg. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #57  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
Trishlo - I have the same problem. I have weird allergies to certain veggies and have become really picky as a result. Sometimes I feel like a five year old and have to find ways to hide my veggies. I do foil packets where I steam them with my protein, a little chicken stock and EVOO and they taste more like the protein. Especially if they are chopped small. I also love that we can have rhubarb. Cook it down and mix it with a little WF jam to sweeten and its like a dessert. Kale chips are another good alternative. They are easy to make and a great way to get in more veg. Good luck!
As I told Trishlo:

I blend frozen spinach into my protein shake every morning, and I can't taste the spinach at all! It's a good way to get 1 or even 2 cups of veggies in without tasting them!

*BTW, 1/6 cup of frozen spinach = 1 cup of raw spinach, and 1/3 cup of frozen spinach = 2 cups of raw spinach... so easy to get in 2 cups if blended with a shake!!

Last edited by karkrazy13; 03-20-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #58  

Default Weight Tracker

How do I have access to the weight tracker??
Old 03-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
CarbLover - Great job on the losses this week. Do you find you're hungry mid-morning as well? What do you snack on in the morning? I am following alternative products to IP, but still within the protocol of IP. I usually have my restricted snack at 10AM, as that is when I'm starting to need something. But I still do feel like munching around 3Pm... I guess I could eat unrestricted veggies at that time..
I definitely find myself hungry around 10am every morning. I usually just stick it out til lunch around 12:30. And then the 3pm hunger strike hits and by the time I get home to eat dinner..I'm ravenous.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Can you make a soup with some chicken stock and seasonings and get your veggies in that way?
Closed Thread