Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
I had my very first WI this morning and am VERY excited about the 16.6lbs I lost this week!!!

With a loss like that, who wouldn't be motivated to keep going?
Woo hoo!!! That is awesome!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
sunflwr816, my coworkers joke about not having any body fat left to keep me warm. I say, if that's my problem, LAYER THE CLOTHES! Of course they're joking but it's very true. You're loosing layers that keep your body warmer! You'll adjust!
True -- I just wish Mother Nature would get the memo and end this cold! Happy first day of Spring BTW!!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #33  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

S/C/G: 171/134.2/140

Height: 5'2", 56 yrs

Default Upcoming Surgery

Good afternoon everyone - Happy Spring! This is a great forum, and I'm so glad you are all here - such a wonderful resource through this journey!

I am really encouraged with my progress on IP. The weight has come off slowly and steadily. I set my goal at the beginning to lose 20 pounds, just a random number off the top of my head. I've lost the same 20-25 a couple of times, and really want this to be the last. At my weigh ins, I tend to be 3 to 4 pounds heavier because of the time of day I check in, am fully clothed and already had two meals. That hasn't bothered me because I figured by the time I met my goal, I would be that much lighter on my home scale.

My dilemma is that I have surgery coming up on May 7. I'm thinking I may want to set a new goal past the 20 pounds, but I'm also wondering whether I should take four weeks prior to May 7 to phase off? The hospital stay is expected to be 1 to 2 days, with a 1 to 2 week recovery at home. I don't want to go through re-starting IP again if I do want to lose more after surgery, but since it does come off slowly (had a plateau for 2 weeks at 152; now 2 weeks at 144) I may not be ready to phase off 2 weeks from now. Also, four pounds out from goal doesn't feel like I will want to stop losing.

Sorry, for the long post, but thought I would put the question out to all of the wonderful experts here. Do you think it would be doable to stay on P1 in hospital? It is an hour's drive from my home, so my family wouldn't be able to deliver my food - and who knows what the food would be like there?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Good morning!
I had my weigh in yesterday and I lost 3.5 pounds (yay) but the past 2 weeks I have also lost some lean mass.... I have not been eating anything that I should not be eating and have been 100% on the plan, except for last weekend when I had to have 2 EAS shakes when I was traveling (the airport security confiscated my shakes).
Old 03-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #35  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
I had my very first WI this morning and am VERY excited about the 16.6lbs I lost this week!!!

Holy crap! That's AWESOME!!

Were you exercising, or just following the plan? I'm so impressed, I want to do whatever you're doing!!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Default BIG loss!

Quote:

Mulse - nice work on your loss!! Slightly jealous ha ha.... wish I could drop big numbers like that - but a loss, is a loss! Thanks for sharing your victory!!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 178.2/178.2/164

Height: 5ft 5ins

Morning Guys,

I am looking at mu post and i am seeing that i am invisible. what does that mean....please explain. Can you even see my post.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #38  

Happy First Day of Spring!
I've been following for months and have learned so much from all of you. I have to post this morning's breakfast, as it was my best IP meal yet! Here's the recipe in case you haven't tried them.

Potato Pancakes
1 packet potato purée
3 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt, pepper
Oil for frying

Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Add remainder, fold gently with spatula until mixed. Let stand for 4 minutes. Heat oil over medium-high heat, scoop into 4 or 5 patties. Leave on first side until firm enough to flip, cook on other side for 3-4 minutes then press down with flipper and cook a few minutes more. Flip again and press down. Keep cooking until middle is firm and both sides are browned.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

That's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I just got back from weighing and getting measured. Down 2.2 this week and 4 inches. I'll take it!

My coach did say to start having my restricted at lunchtime to help me with afternoon hunger.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #40  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA 2 View Post
Good afternoon everyone - Happy Spring! This is a great forum, and I'm so glad you are all here - such a wonderful resource through this journey!

I am really encouraged with my progress on IP. The weight has come off slowly and steadily. I set my goal at the beginning to lose 20 pounds, just a random number off the top of my head. I've lost the same 20-25 a couple of times, and really want this to be the last. At my weigh ins, I tend to be 3 to 4 pounds heavier because of the time of day I check in, am fully clothed and already had two meals. That hasn't bothered me because I figured by the time I met my goal, I would be that much lighter on my home scale.

My dilemma is that I have surgery coming up on May 7. I'm thinking I may want to set a new goal past the 20 pounds, but I'm also wondering whether I should take four weeks prior to May 7 to phase off? The hospital stay is expected to be 1 to 2 days, with a 1 to 2 week recovery at home. I don't want to go through re-starting IP again if I do want to lose more after surgery, but since it does come off slowly (had a plateau for 2 weeks at 152; now 2 weeks at 144) I may not be ready to phase off 2 weeks from now. Also, four pounds out from goal doesn't feel like I will want to stop losing.

Sorry, for the long post, but thought I would put the question out to all of the wonderful experts here. Do you think it would be doable to stay on P1 in hospital? It is an hour's drive from my home, so my family wouldn't be able to deliver my food - and who knows what the food would be like there?
Speaking from my boss's experience with going to the IP clinic and then having knee surgery -- he was told by his coach that he needed to phase off a week before the surgery and stay phased off till he has completed his recovery time. So, i am not sure how that would apply to you. Have you spoken with the doctor or your surgeon?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #41  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas145 View Post
Morning Guys,

I am looking at mu post and i am seeing that i am invisible. what does that mean....please explain. Can you even see my post.
this kind of reminds me of the Verizon commercial.. "can you hear me".

where do you see that you are invisible? im looking all over mine and i cant see that..
Old 03-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #42  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
Speaking from my boss's experience with going to the IP clinic and then having knee surgery -- he was told by his coach that he needed to phase off a week before the surgery and stay phased off till he has completed his recovery time. So, i am not sure how that would apply to you. Have you spoken with the doctor or your surgeon?
Thanks for the reply. I met the surgeon for the first time at the consult last week, and didn't have the surgery date until after we met. At my weigh in yesterday, my coach agreed with phasing off because I'm close to goal and have six weeks to work with. I just don't want to get stuck at a weight I'm not completely happy with, although perhaps I would lose a few after surgery because of the "down" time?

Last edited by RA 2; 03-20-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #43  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA 2 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I met the surgeon for the first time at the consult last week, and didn't have the surgery date until after we met. At my weigh in yesterday, my coach agreed with phasing off because I'm close to goal and have six weeks to work with. I just don't want to get stuck at a weight I'm not completely happy with, although perhaps I would lose a few after surgery because of the "down" time?
Did your coach indicate how long you were to phase off? With my boss, he was phased off for a month and half, though he ate 'low fat and carb' still (not the IP way) and only gain the 5lbs of water weight. Once he was back on the plan, his coach stuck him phase for a few weeks then moved him back up to where he was at before phasing off.

Its possible you can still lose even after surgery, but if and when you do phase off, remember the tools your coach gave you for your eating habits. Keep it relatively healthy and low carb -- i think you'll be fine. My boss didn't stall with his weight.. he just kept going. AND before you know it, you'll be back on plan and on your way to kicking your goal off the charts!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #44  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

Thanks again, Danilynn. My coach was thinking phasing off to maintenance since I'm close to goal. Your comments are helpful and appreciated. I guess I can see what the next two weeks bring. You're right, I have the tools, and maybe if I keep it low fat and carb, it wouldn't be so hard going back to P1 if I wanted to lose more.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #45  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelstpe View Post
Good morning everyone! I was curious what type of sweetener everyone uses in their coffee? I was a sweet n low user and switched to Splenda, not really loving it, but willing to tolerate it if I can lose weight! Lol!
My mom is diabetic and she uses Stevia in the raw, so I figured if is what she uses I wouldn't question it lol. Doesn't leave an after taste either.
Closed Thread