Old 03-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

To prevent or delay Diebetes and heart disease for as long as possible since both run in my family. And to look good in a bikini when I go to the carribean for my 10th anniversary this summer!
wantanewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #17  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Wow! I think I echo most, if not all, of these motivators! Let's keep it up!

What motivates me most (at this moment):
1. seeing how far I have come (and hubby, too);
2. Watching my 20 year-old daughter make similar changes in her lifestyle, as I struggled with weight since about her age (I had her very young);
3. getting in shape to have a stronger body that is less susceptible to major health issues (although my chol levels seem to be genetically predetermined to be high)
4. i have to confess, I want to feel young and sexy as I turn 40 this year! Smaller clothes and a smaller me with healthier skin will definitely help with this!

Renee
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 180.6/145.6/140 or less

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
My motivation is definitely health related...I don't want to have aches and pains or HBP for that matter but I also want to love the way I look.

For most of my life, I was never overweight and always made fitness and maintaining a healthy weight a priority. Life got busy and I stopped weighing myself and the pounds came on.

I was clinically depressed, had anxiety, etc. because I began to slowly hate myself and the person I saw in the mirror. Why did I let this happen to myself? I don't equate happiness or success to the size of my waist, but feeling so down that I didn't want to go out with friends, go to a pool, or live life because I was always donning the yoga pants was horrible and I had changed from an energetic fun loving person into a home body.

I never, ever, ever, want to feel that way again!

Wow this is exactly what was happening to me, I totally get you on that. Congrats on your success!
FacingIt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

My husband and I really want to have a baby and I want to have a healthy pregnancy and be a good example for our child. I don't want our child to struggle with their weight and food their whole life.

Also, I'm terrified I'm going to have to have a knee replacement one day. Sometimes, when I get up or step a certain way, I swear I feel like my ankle bones are just going to snap.

I'm only 11 days into this and I'm feeling good and I've been able to be 100% OP which I've NEVER been able to do on a diet before. I believe that earns me a dancing carrot.
CarbLover443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 244.4/238.6/165 dtd 3/3

Height: 5'3

My motivation is that I want to play with my 2 daughters aged 7 & 4, which I havent been able to. Also, I want to surprise my parents when I visit them in Jun, in India. I have not seen them for the last 2 years...
NJ_Desi_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #21  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbLover443 View Post
My husband and I really want to have a baby and I want to have a healthy pregnancy and be a good example for our child. I don't want our child to struggle with their weight and food their whole life.

Also, I'm terrified I'm going to have to have a knee replacement one day. Sometimes, when I get up or step a certain way, I swear I feel like my ankle bones are just going to snap.

I'm only 11 days into this and I'm feeling good and I've been able to be 100% OP which I've NEVER been able to do on a diet before. I believe that earns me a dancing carrot.
on your great start! That is super!

Health concerns motivate me too - when I started I was pre-diabetic, had high cholesterol, my blood pressure was up, etc., etc. Have a history of heart disease on both sides of my family (my mom died at 66 and my dad had a triple by-pass in his early 70s) and I would really like to stay healthy for a long time.

Pleased to say my stats have normalized to the point all my tests are now boring. I'll take boring any day!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
on your great start! That is super!

Health concerns motivate me too - when I started I was pre-diabetic, had high cholesterol, my blood pressure was up, etc., etc. Have a history of heart disease on both sides of my family (my mom died at 66 and my dad had a triple by-pass in his early 70s) and I would really like to stay healthy for a long time.

Pleased to say my stats have normalized to the point all my tests are now boring. I'll take boring any day!
That's so awesome!!! I love hearing these stories..gives me so much hope. My biggest fear in starting this was that people would say "If I can do it, so can you" and then for whatever reason, I couldn't or it wouldn't work for me. But it really *IS* working. I weigh in today and while my home scale hasn't really budged this week, I'm hoping for a NSV in my measurements, especially since I had a big loss last week.
CarbLover443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

My biggest motivation is having a child. We've been dealing with infertility for four years, and while I'm not sure the weight is what's keeping me from getting pregnant, I know it's not helping either.

I'd also like to feel more comfortable when we go to Jamaica on vacation this summer.
Mulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #24  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Primarily, I want to be comfortable with my body and have greater confidence.

Another reason is that I have a heart condition (which predates my weight gain), and I'd like to be healthier so it doesn't worry me so much and also so I won't be embarrassed to discuss it with friends. Currently I think that if I told people about it, their first thought would be, "Of course you have a heart problem, look at you."
Peppertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Right now my upcoming wedding is my only motivation, but I also want to feel 100% comfortable in my own skin and this diet is helping me with that.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

My month long trip to the beaches of Croatia in August this year, my daughter, being able to wear amazing clothes (I love love dresses!), being healthy, confident and wanting to participate in life.
kontesanera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

I just want to build my confidence and improve my sense of self. Having two young children, it is easy to hide behind them - both literally and figuratively!

In family pictures, I'm always shoving a kid in front of me to cover my body.

Figuratively, I use having small kids as an excuse not to take care of myself. I tell myself I don't have time to exercise, read books, or enjoy my own hobbies. I tell myself that meals, activities, etc. should be planned around the kids' likes/dislikes/interests. I go to the store and only look at clothing for the kids but I wear the same old things all the time.

The result is that I've become overweight, over-consumed with the kids, and frankly rather boring to others.

Getting control of my eating is just one way of getting past that. I've also joined the Vestry at church and am making a concerted effort to re-invigorate relationships with friends by having lunch/coffee etc WITHOUT the kids. This is taking a huge emotional effort on my part, but I think it's worth it to become my own person again. I think my children will respect me more for it, too, as will my DH and most importantly - ME.
trinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

My motivation is being able to take care of myself for, well, forever. I am a few months from turning 50, divorced and wasn't blessed with children.

My older sister has knee and hip issues to such an extent that she can't mow her own lawn or shovel the snow. And I see her fall more and more deeply into a depression because of this. I don't want this to be 9 years from now.

So, I 'm taking control of myself and my future. The way the economy is going, I'm going to work for another 25 - 30 years and I need to be physically capable of doing so.

And maybe someday I will enjoy getting my picture taken.
LuvA1exa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #29  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

S/C/G: 171/134.2/140

Height: 5'2", 56 yrs

Health reasons - my sugars are high when I carry the extra weight, and I have a family history of diabetes. I want to avoid that. Also, since I've lost 20-25 lbs a few times before, I still have those beautiful clothes hanging in a spare closet that make me feel wonderful. I have a sweet denim jacket that is a medium, that I can't wait to wear comfortably again.
RA 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Feeling good in smaller clothing! It felt great to be in Mexico in January and have close to 30lbs off my body as I put on my bathing suits! I felt so much better putting on shorts and summer clothes. I'm close to 10lbs lighter since then and am so happy that I stuck it out on this plan. My skin feels so much softer and I feel so much better. I did my first run the other day, what a difference having this weight off makes! I felt like I could just keep going and going! Exercise will be that much easier! And my focusing on being healthier has affected my hubby and two girls to do the same. We are a healthier family!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote