IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Am I wrong, I thought my coach said no corned beef?
    Girl, there's a recipe for EVERYTHING!!!

• Down by almost 3 pounds at the WI today.
    Stayed OP all week and saw results. Go figure...

Starting P2. Coach would rather I get to 155 but I need (make that NEED) to phase off. She's supportive. I have a good one!!

I weigh 168 on home scales and want to get between 160-165.
    Then I want to keep it off this time.

I'll still be officially "overweight" but for me at my age, it feels right.

Anyone else have crepe old lady skin?
  • Quote: I see a lot of posts that mention going off the plan for a day and talking to your coach about it. At the center I go to they have a rule that if you cheat you are kicked off the program, has anyone heard of this? Just wondering if that should be a red flag or a good thing?
    I understand a clinic wanting us to understand the negative effects of a cheat on this diet but seriously? We are paying customers. A cheat sets us back. It would on,y make me lie in my journal and to them if I didn't lose and then they wouldn't be able to coach me about my mistakes. I do understand if they were to say you are off program if you drink alcohol because there is higher risk and should someone get really sick it could look bad on the program.

Maybe that is their argument for cheating too? Your lack of weight loss will make their stats look bad!!
  • P1 (Alternatives)
    I have been doing IP (using alternatives) for 3 weeks, and I have lost 10 lbs so far. I did a lot of reading & research on this site before I started. I thought this was a great forum for moral support, and I think I should be able to post my opinions and ideas freely like everyone else.

Recently, however, I feel like one member is attacking everything I post. It's really frustrating, because it makes me not want to keep being a member on here.

Has anyone else felt like another member was responding negatively to everything you posted? I am just wondering if it's something personal against me... although I don't know what I ever did to deserve the treatment I'm receiving.

Just had to vent a little...
  • After watching the TV spot I do think the camera adds pounds. The hosts are teeny tiny, but do not look that way on TV. I looked heavier than the still shot I took, although not terrible(I am wearing size 3 pants and the host had to be a 0). I look at that and think how terribly thin the biggest loser girl must have been since the camera adds weight.
  • I haven't noticed that happening in any of the threads I have been reading. I think you need to respond to the person directly so they know.
  • Lisa, funny thing is- the center with the recipe, is in the town that I teach in, lol!
  • How many hours apart is everyone eating? Typically I eat breakfast at 8:30, lunch at 12, snack at 4, then dinner around 7. Debating on whether it would be beneficial to alternate my dinner and snack times to stay exactly on how IP protocol is laid out (with having dinner b4 your snack)...thoughts?
  • [QUOTE=Rubygirl;4964975]Good morning everyone. Happy Paddy's Day!!
    I hope everyone had a great weekend......I sure did and I am down another 1.5 lbs. Yippee//////new numbers.

Great job it is so nice to see the new numbers.

65x65 - 1st year hardest as people are saying, My MoM has been gone 10 years as miss her a lot, was my best friend. So thoughts are with you.

Wildirishrose- Great Job, can't wait to get there.
  • Quote: I haven't noticed that happening in any of the threads I have been reading. I think you need to respond to the person directly so they know.
    Yes, you're probably right... I just didn't expect to experience this kind of thing on this forum... everyone else has been extremely helpful and supportive though!
  • Quote: Sapphire,
    Thanks!
  • Quote: Congrats!!!
    Thanks!
  • Quote: I had my first weigh in on ideal protein and I lost 5 lbs. I am out of the 180's forever.

Quote: Down by almost 3 pounds at the WI today.

Starting P2. Coach would rather I get to 155 but I need (make that NEED) to phase off. She's supportive. I have a good one!!

I weigh 168 on home scales and want to get between 160-165.
    Then I want to keep it off this time.

I'll still be officially "overweight" but for me at my age, it feels right.

Anyone else have crepe old lady skin?
    There's an over 50 thread where you'll probably get lots of understanding on the skin!
    So great to have a supportive coach!
    Congrats
  • Quote: I had my first weigh in on ideal protein and I lost 5 lbs. I am out of the 180's forever.
    [QUOTE=ssubert;4965232]Down by almost 3 pounds at the WI today.

Congrats to both of you! Happy St. Patrick's day everybody!
  • Congrats Catlady! Way to stay strong and get results.