Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay ladies, vacation trips and fast! LOL I am going to Vegas, then Disney land and the beach in a couple weeks with kids and friends, I'm far from ready to phase off not doing that until June. So share your tips on how you vacation and stay on P1
Lots of walking and lots of water! And have fun!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #152  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
After meticulous planning to ensure I was prepared for an overnight trip to my sister's, I managed to leave all my IP packets at home Thanks to all the info shared by other IPers, I managed to wing it and stay 100% OP!
WTG TurtleMom! Nothing worse than forgetting to take your stuff after all that careful planning - sounds like you handled it well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I had my first restaurant meal tonight, almost 6 weeks in to IP. I am proud of myself. I ordered steak fajitas, only peppers. When I told them to keep the rice and sides she offered to bring me something else so I opted for garden salad with oil and vinegar that I did myself (mainly vinegar). My family proceeded to order my favourite appetizer. My phone was dead so to keep me distracted I took my son's colouring. He is ten and very supportive. He even offered me the piece of celery off his kid's meal!

The only regret - I just spent $20 on something g I could have easily made at home and I probably would have done it better, but at least there were no dishes to wash!
I love doing the coloring to distract yourself - great idea! And I hear you on spending the money on something you could make at home. That's the main reason dh and I don't eat out much unless it's a time we're meeting other people - anything we can get in a restaurant he can cook cheaper and better at home. Except king crab legs - he loves going out for those (we found an all you can eat buffet that has them and, man, he can eat a lot of them!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
Lots of walking and lots of water! And have fun!
Yep, lots and lots of water.

Amber - as far as motivation goes, the losses you've already had are great motivators so put your "before" and "now" pics on your phone and look at the every time you are tempted to stray. Also, remember how miserable it was getting into ketosis? Finally, you really don't want to set yourself back or stall your losses for even one day. That's what helps me the most - I didn't want to stay on P1 for one day longer than needed and I knew if I went off plan it would just lengthen the time I was on P1. Not worth it.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #153  

Weird

There is talk about cheat dreams on another thread. I've never had one.
Wonder if it is because I don't have anxiety over my eating plan choice? I don't have fear of cheating.

My fears were early-on: willingness to stick to it (long term commitment)
concern about learning how to maintain
and then the new one: never breaking the plateau

but as far as IP plan, I read, read, read before i started so I felt very good going in & had few questions (which were all answered with a search or two). Switching to the plan wasn't anxiety producing. I just planned ahead & moved along.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #154  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Amber - as far as motivation goes, the losses you've already had are great motivators so put your "before" and "now" pics on your phone and look at the every time you are tempted to stray. Also, remember how miserable it was getting into ketosis? Finally, you really don't want to set yourself back or stall your losses for even one day. That's what helps me the most - I didn't want to stay on P1 for one day longer than needed and I knew if I went off plan it would just lengthen the time I was on P1. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]

The losses are a great motivator plus by time I get to the trip I should be down another almost 10 lbs and into those jeans I'm dying to wear!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Weird

Wonder if it is because I don't have anxiety over my eating plan choice? I don't have fear of cheating.

but as far as IP plan, I read, read, read before i started so I felt very good going in & had few questions (which were all answered with a search or two). Switching to the plan wasn't anxiety producing. I just planned ahead & moved along.
When I was on WW years ago I had these dreams all the time. On IP I only had it once, and it did not set me into a panic. The weight gain dream was after I started P2 and was heading into P3. I think the uncertainty of moving to maintenance was showing
Old 03-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Funny Lisa, I has my first food dream the other night. It was not about cheating for me, it was definitely from commercial influence. Have you noticed during the NCAA tournament they are showing tons of Coke commercials? I dreamed that I drank a coke and then realized that I messed up IP. Congrats on your Spartan win!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Funny Lisa, I has my first food dream the other night. It was not about cheating for me, it was definitely from commercial influence. Have you noticed during the NCAA tournament they are showing tons of Coke commercials? I dreamed that I drank a coke and then realized that I messed up IP. Congrats on your Spartan win!
I tune food/bev commercials out. I just don't eat that way (highly processed foods). And since I view something like coke as poison, I guess their commercials don't bug me. I've been laughing at the Home Depot (?) Lowes(?) commercial with all the tile falling off the wall.

But, if I don't know who is doing the advertising, has it done its job?

Last nite's game was much too close. Inconsistencies between 1st and 2nd. However, I bet Syracuse fans would have been happy with a 7 point win. It is all in perspective
Old 03-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I was definitely addicted to Coca Cola on and off during my life. In my conscious mind, I have begun to think of it as poison -but obviously during my REM sleep, it has some appeal. Thankfully, I am not a sleep eater

Lisa, our boys team does not play pretty. I am just happy every time they move forward. But our women, are poetry in motion.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #159  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Most of my dreams have been about eating too much on plan food, so I guess I'm lucky. Then again, I don't think I'm sleeping enough to dream a whole bunch lately!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #160  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Weird

I have actually been having these dreams and they seem so realistic I woke up the other morning feeling guilty from eating pizza in my dream...i was laughing with my hubby over it cause I felt the guilt. It was not my only one either just the only one that made me feel after I woke up lol.
I am not having a problem staying 100% and I don't give myself any temptations so I don't know what it is stemming from.

Did an unofficial weigh in for myself this morning and I am at 271.4, thats almost 40 lbs since January 16!! I feel so blessed that this plan is working. A huge motivation for me is my husband only sees me every other month. I loved the surprise in his face after 25lbs was gone, he is so proud which definitely makes me feel even that much better.

I honestly am so proud to be apart of this group and to have such great support.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #161  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Yeah sweetenuf! That is super! Must be hard having dh gone so much but great motivation to keep going so you can see the look on his face!

And we're so glad you're a part of this group!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #162  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Weird

My cheat dreams have been about cheating by accident when not being mindful of what I am putting in my mouth. I am working on my mindfulness in general, and it seems as though meditating is helping me acknowledge the food I would like to eat without actually acting upon the desire. I have my moments when I doubt myself, but overall I don't feel anxious about the plan either

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
I have actually been having these dreams and they seem so realistic I woke up the other morning feeling guilty from eating pizza in my dream...i was laughing with my hubby over it cause I felt the guilt. It was not my only one either just the only one that made me feel after I woke up lol.
I am not having a problem staying 100% and I don't give myself any temptations so I don't know what it is stemming from.

Did an unofficial weigh in for myself this morning and I am at 271.4, thats almost 40 lbs since January 16!! I feel so blessed that this plan is working. A huge motivation for me is my husband only sees me every other month. I loved the surprise in his face after 25lbs was gone, he is so proud which definitely makes me feel even that much better.

I honestly am so proud to be apart of this group and to have such great support.
Way to go!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #163  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Thank you very much
Old 03-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I know on Phase 1 I just eat what's on the list - but I was going through my pantry and the canned goods on the shelf - I'll give my sister anything I won't use later on - what's the max carbs I should be looking at per serving? thanks in advance

maureen
Old 03-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post

You are doing a terrific job!!
Closed Thread