Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #136  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Okay ladies, vacation trips and fast! LOL I am going to Vegas, then Disney land and the beach in a couple weeks with kids and friends, I'm far from ready to phase off not doing that until June. So share your tips on how you vacation and stay on P1
Old 03-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #137  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay ladies, vacation trips and fast! LOL I am going to Vegas, then Disney land and the beach in a couple weeks with kids and friends, I'm far from ready to phase off not doing that until June. So share your tips on how you vacation and stay on P1
for me:
  • shaker
  • Brita water bottle (can refill anywhere)
  • packets conducive to shaker
  • hotel room with microwave/fridge (less $ for everyone!)
  • If driving (no-can-do if flying): a cooler with celery & cukes (Pre-clean/cut the celery) and other stuff you've made at home.
  • Magic bullet.(& then spinach can go in smoothies)
  • spinach salads in restaurants help with veggie quota.
  • I also pre-baked some muffins & had 1 c zucchini in each serving. They keep in cooler/fridge for several days
  • in restaurants, order meat, veggies, salad, just like in restaurants at home
  • always have a bar & Packet in purse. Packet can be added to a water bottle, if needed.
  • One long weekend I ended up with a couple p2 days but still better than I'd been doing pre-IP
Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm sure this has been asked and answered - can I use tofu dogs as a protein and if so how many? I'm getting tired of eggs & tofu!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I didn't just say it was hard. I said it was hard work!!!! That is at least a bit more positive...

Just in my short time maintaining on purpose, giving my body a break from WL, I see how easy it is to gain & how diligent life will have to be. I put on 5 lbs in a Fri nite-Sun morning a couple weeks ago. Of course, 1 day on P1 dropped 3 of it & 3 days I was back where I was. I see 1 P1 day per week in my future lifestyle for sure, or maybe a P2 day as I learn more control.

I'm shedding a few up lbs right now. Did a little celebrating a couple weekends in a row. I'm guessing its mostly water/bloat. I dropped 4.6 from Mon-Thurs. Fat doesn't come off that fast! I'll weigh again on Sunday for the summer challenge and update ticker, if needed.

The thing to learn will be how to maintain w/o needing the reboots. I've had 50+ years of living like this. I think I'll be gentle with myself when I get to maintenance while I learn (but diligent with the scale). For the last 6 weeks, I've spent time gaining scale acceptance. Instead of avoiding the scale when I knew I did x, y, or z, I got on to see what the change was & how long it took it to come back down.

Viewing it like a science experiment made it not so scary. It is part of detaching it from my self-worth/self-esteem. What the scale says should NOT be part of that! It is about my health. If I catch a cold, I don't engage in negative self-talk/putting myself down. If I get a migraine, I don' blame myself. I explore what caused it and try to avoid in the future. This is the way I'm looking at ups/downs on the scale.

But PLEASE!!!! WL fairies...let the trend go down now that I'm back on P1!!!!
Lisa- best of luck on the new phase which you are entering. There is no one who has earned and deserves one heck of a whoooosh right now.

Your wisdom is so on point. As I posted on the daily chat, I took a walk on the wild side and fell off the program. I let stress be my excuse and did not take the time to sit and think and reflect on how I might plan to successfully fight what I knew was coming.

Your mantra about planning is so critical, be it planning the meals, a trip, or upcoming challenges. This is a lesson for me on which I must work.

And in the good news/bad news category, although I did fall off, gain a few pounds, my DH has decided to join me on IP next week the moment we move into our new (really just a rental) house. He has scared me with his health and the weight he has gained while I have lost. The support will be invaluable for me. Almost, but not quite, makes us for falling off. It did precipitate the brief conversation (he is not Mr. Conversation) and thus is valuable.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
I'm sure this has been asked and answered - can I use tofu dogs as a protein and if so how many? I'm getting tired of eggs & tofu!!!
Maureen: do you have a coach?
Most of our successful vegetarians have phased off (I think).
We had several.
I know people were using veggie patties.
I'm not sure the difference for comparison b/c you have to look for protein but I'm sure there is an amount of carbs/fat to limit those meat replacements to. I just don't know what they are.
hopefully someone is lurking who will jump in

I searched and came up with a bunch of vegetarian-topic threads. Maybe they'll help?
When I don't know, usually I at least know where to point someone...

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-22-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #141  

thanks Lisa I'll try that
Old 03-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #142  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
for me:
  • shaker
  • Brita water bottle (can refill anywhere)
  • packets conducive to shaker
  • hotel room with microwave/fridge (less $ for everyone!)
  • If driving (no-can-do if flying): a cooler with celery & cukes (Pre-clean/cut the celery) and other stuff you've made at home.
  • Magic bullet.(& then spinach can go in smoothies)
  • spinach salads in restaurants help with veggie quota.
  • I also pre-baked some muffins & had 1 c zucchini in each serving. They keep in cooler/fridge for several days
  • in restaurants, order meat, veggies, salad, just like in restaurants at home
  • always have a bar & Packet in purse. Packet can be added to a water bottle, if needed.
  • One long weekend I ended up with a couple p2 days but still better than I'd been doing pre-IP
All great tips, but I have yet to go inside a restaurant and sit and eat.. I'm a little afraid of it, I know they use so many oils, sauces, seasonings, I have taken my kids to the fast food joints and then home for me. Planning a dinner out tomorrow but its at a local restaurant that actually has an Ideal Protein Menu, the owners work in conjunction with my coach and made a fantastic looking dinner menu. I know salads are great, but I have to pack around my own dressing lol, I'm just worried about getting in those veggies but the muffins are a good idea and pre cutting... Disney will be a challenge.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #143  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

schenectady to you

Amber - I think you can scope out the restaurants at Disney in advance, look on-line so you'll be prepared. It takes some planning but you can definitely do it!

ETA: Do you have the single serve dressing packets? Those are super portable!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 03-22-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #144  
AmberLS

I'm going to get some, still trying to figure out a WF dressing I like, I've been just making my own. Got chipotle ranch gonna try it today and hope!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
I did some vegetarian searches as well and if you search for "longdivision" - she is a previous poster with excellent vegetarian info.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
All great tips, but I have yet to go inside a restaurant and sit and eat.. I'm a little afraid of it, I know they use so many oils, sauces, seasonings, I have taken my kids to the fast food joints and then home for me. Planning a dinner out tomorrow but its at a local restaurant that actually has an Ideal Protein Menu, the owners work in conjunction with my coach and made a fantastic looking dinner menu. I know salads are great, but I have to pack around my own dressing lol, I'm just worried about getting in those veggies but the muffins are a good idea and pre cutting... Disney will be a challenge.
There is one or more restaurant threads with lots of GREAT info to give you the BEST ways to ask for and get great food to meet your needs. Just search (Google) 3fat chicks ideal protein restaurants.

But bottom line - tell them how you want your food prepared. Let them know you cannot gave ANY butter (dairy allergy) and no starches. Ask for meat cooked with no butter/oil (dry cooked) and hold the seasonings (this style works well for steaks but also most meats); double vegetables instead of veg and starch... In fact, I always look at ALL their veggies with all entrees and tell them which two I want so I don't end up with double green beans just because those come with my entree. Salad - ask what is in it and then tell what to leave out and what to add more of.

If you speak up and let them know right from the beginning, "I have some very specific dietary restrictions I need to let you know about. Can you help me out as I order?" I have really not found it to be a problem. Don't feel it is an imposition... If you had a nut allergy or gluten intolerance you would speak up, so this is no different.

BEST thing you are doing us thinking and planning now - you will do great!!
Then if bourse leave a great yip for all their patient help!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #147  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

After meticulous planning to ensure I was prepared for an overnight trip to my sister's, I managed to leave all my IP packets at home Thanks to all the info shared by other IPers, I managed to wing it and stay 100% OP!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGracie View Post
I did some vegetarian searches as well and if you search for "longdivision" - she is a previous poster with excellent vegetarian info.
thanks MsGracie I'll check that out too
Old 03-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #149  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
After meticulous planning to ensure I was prepared for an overnight trip to my sister's, I managed to leave all my IP packets at home Thanks to all the info shared by other IPers, I managed to wing it and stay 100% OP!
Impressive. Nothing more frustrating than doing all the planning and then leaving it all at home!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #150  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I had my first restaurant meal tonight, almost 6 weeks in to IP. I am proud of myself. I ordered steak fajitas, only peppers. When I told them to keep the rice and sides she offered to bring me something else so I opted for garden salad with oil and vinegar that I did myself (mainly vinegar). My family proceeded to order my favourite appetizer. My phone was dead so to keep me distracted I took my son's colouring. He is ten and very supportive. He even offered me the piece of celery off his kid's meal!

The only regret - I just spent $20 on something g I could have easily made at home and I probably would have done it better, but at least there were no dishes to wash!
Closed Thread