Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

I made baked kale chips for the first time this weekend. I made extra to save for today... I wanted them in the car with me for a quick road trip. I was SO disappointed when I opened the sealed container they were in to find them tough and chewy.

So, are they something that must only be made right before eating? Or, would they stay crisp if I stored them loosely covered?

BTW, I placed them in a toaster oven when I returned home.... just for maybe 30 seconds and they did get crisp again. But, I'd like to take them to go with me on some days.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yup! You'll figure out the timing, I've eaten some pretty raw in the middle til I figured it out
Thanks, and congrats on your NSV!

Last edited by Fearciuil; 03-16-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #108  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
I made baked kale chips for the first time this weekend. I made extra to save for today... I wanted them in the car with me for a quick road trip. I was SO disappointed when I opened the sealed container they were in to find them tough and chewy.

So, are they something that must only be made right before eating? Or, would they stay crisp if I stored them loosely covered?

BTW, I placed them in a toaster oven when I returned home.... just for maybe 30 seconds and they did get crisp again. But, I'd like to take them to go with me on some days.
I read if you store them on top of raw rice they will last but I haven't tried that yet. I just make them and eat them.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #109  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
So proud of the decision you made, Amber! I read all of your postings about your dilemma and I felt for you - the situation you faced was highly charged and emotional. You clearly reflected a lot about what you were facing and your feelings on both sides.

We are all different and so you needed to decide what would work for you. It is hard but I think you will find that the whole process goes better and faster and feels better if you can stay the course.

Good work and I hope you find peace in your own way in regards to the loss of your father.
Thank you, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself today, weights on track, about to hit the 20lb mark in 4 weeks!!!! Couldn't have my corn beef and cabbage but I made one heck of a lean roast in the crock pot with cabbage and it's amazing. Been a good weekend.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #110  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Ah. Aha. That's (part of) the reason I came home and bawled last Monday, then. Monday afternoon/evening had been extremely stressful, but I wouldn't normally have had that reaction, even with pending TOM.

Also, lisa32989, do these look right? IP packet & shredded zucchini muffins ... I just made them. Haven't tried them yet because I'm going to use them for my short-lunch days this week. I had a little trouble telling if they were done.

I don't know if they look right cause I've never made them but they look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING I think I will try to make some of these next weekend!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #111  

Fearciuil
I recognize the Pfaltzgraf Juniper in your pic. It is in my kitchen, as well
Old 03-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Hi Jo!!

Looks like you are doing great! I'm thinking about a fitbit too, which one did you get?

Hope your transition is going well. Must be a bit scary to switch from what you know.

LittleStar
Star!!! I missed you - glad to see you back!!! Looking forwarding to "seeing" you around! What alternatives are you going with? I've incorporated a few as well.

I went with the Fitbit Flex, not the popular choice, lots of people don't seem to like that it goes on their wrist, not sure why. I don't wear a watch so it's not a big deal to me. I got one for my son too - he loves his! I also ended up ordering a pink replacement band - I don't mind the slate blue but I love, love, love pinks and purples

The transition isn't so bad, after my trip to Mexico I realized that I enjoyed (and needed) an IP break and now that I'm that much closer to my goal, it's not so intimidating to try something new. The products are very similar as well which helps.

Quote:
NSV for the weekend

I got a shipment of clearance clothes from Coldwater Creek yesterday. Returning most of it because it's too big! You know what fit? The slim cut items. What??
Only a few short years ago when I ordered from them, things showed up too small!
That is so great, Lisa! I automatically go for the largest sizes of things then remember - those aren't going to fit anymore. I went to a hockey game last Wednesday and my favourite jersey is getting to the point of being way too big on me, kind of sad about that but happy that I'll get a new one.

Jo
Old 03-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Fearciuil
I recognize the Pfaltzgraf Juniper in your pic. It is in my kitchen, as well
Yep. I painted my kitchen in those colors, too.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
March 14, 2014 -- doing a happy dance!
Beautiful picture Annika, you look so healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
The comments, thoughts and resolve from Amber and Annik merit the praise, support, and attention. They are very much on target.

Sometimes it takes a while to get one's head into this...but when the switch is thrown...it becomes so much easier to understand...
And the path to stay the course, well.... not always as easy, but once that awareness becomes part of your conscience decision making, that piece is foremost way more than 50% of this battle. It is really what goes on in your head that matters most. That will impact what does and does not go in your mouth. And that becomes habit. It's a keeper!!! One you do not want to change.
I wish there was a like button, I took so much from reading this discussion and the feedback from Annika and 65x65. I have started reading "Refuse to Regain" in prep for maintenance , even tho it is 30lbs away, so much of the book talks about our relationship with food.

Lisa- great NSV on your clothes order

I just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone on this forum, you are a wealth of information, support, and encouragement on what will be a life long journey.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #115  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Well I went to the CAbi clothing party today. I spent more than I planned on, but got some great pieces. I didn't buy any pants, but did buy tops and jackets sweaters that will work even after I reach goal.

All the tops are a size ...wait for it ....MEDIUM!!! I'm flabbergasted. I can't wait til the get here (7-10 days).

Now, I better get that promotion next month so I can replenish the money I spent from my tax refund.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Monday tomorrow ... Another busy week but I am going to endeavor to not stress out.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

St. Patrick's Day Party today...

Well, I did pretty good today. Ate my IP breakfast and post dinner IP snack. But I did eat (on the OK list of IP), but just too much of it. I'm only 1.5 weeks into it. I hope my cravings don't start up again.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
St. Patrick's Day Party today...

Well, I did pretty good today. Ate my IP breakfast and post dinner IP snack. But I did eat (on the OK list of IP), but just too much of it. I'm only 1.5 weeks into it. I hope my cravings don't start up again.
Not sure WHAT you ate (a word is missing in your post), but if it's on the P1 list, you are probably fine unless you just gorged.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #118  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
RosiePosie - I almost get chills reading your story - I kept waiting to read words that you "had" to eat this or that off OP for whatever reason and that never happened! Congratulations on staying the course and being thoughtful regardless of what challenges you faced.

It can be kind of a fun game sometimes to navigate and evening like that and discover that you CAN do it. One thing I have learned from OP is that it is OK to "make a fuss" when it comes to getting the food you need. When they offer to make that salad, just gush how sweet that is of them to offer, accept, and ask them to prepare it the way it needs to be!

Part of being successful on IP is learning to stand up for your health and your life by politely asking for what you need. I am always very grateful and thankful to places that do that and my waiters always see my gratitude expressed when the bill comes!

Job well done and a nice clean head and mind and body the next day. What a victory!
Thanks for the kind words Schenectady. It was actually easier than I had expected. I think what is keeping me on the straight and narrow is not only putting myself behind by a couple of days in the weight loss but also the whole cost of IP. Alternatives is not an option for me due to high import costs so I don't want to waste any money at all!! It's the accountant in me working out the daily cost of IP. Sad but true!!!

How is the move going?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #119  
AmberLS

Ug, I feel like crud, my stomach hurts... I put a lean roast in the crock pot with cabbage all day and had it for dinner, then I drank my first packet of IP pink lemonade needless to say I'm glad my doc gives me packets to try cause I won't be buying any of that. However now my belly really hurts. Not sure why I eat a lot of cabbage and I didn't put anything in the crock pot that wasn't on the program.
Closed Thread