Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #31  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet
Hi everyone, this is my first post to the board. I am on day 11 of the IP diet...sooo happy to be through that first week- I felt sick and weak for a good chunk of it so lurking on this forum really helped me through that as I could see it wasn't abnormal and was something that would pass if I gave it time. This week though I'm struggling with cravings. I have two children and so I have things in the house that I can't currently eat like cookies and crackers but there are times in the day where I just have to come to my bedroom with a glass of water to wait out an intense craving. Have others found the cravings to be something that pass over time?

Have a great Saturday everyone.
I have struggled with cravings too. A warm tea with sweetner helps!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Old 03-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Weekend!

Started with my new coach/clinic today. Happy to say lost more and it hasn't even been a full week since my last weigh in. So 2 1/2 weeks and 8# so far.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #33  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post to the board. I am on day 11 of the IP diet...sooo happy to be through that first week- I felt sick and weak for a good chunk of it so lurking on this forum really helped me through that as I could see it wasn't abnormal and was something that would pass if I gave it time. This week though I'm struggling with cravings. I have two children and so I have things in the house that I can't currently eat like cookies and crackers but there are times in the day where I just have to come to my bedroom with a glass of water to wait out an intense craving. Have others found the cravings to be something that pass over time?

Welcome and congrats on getting through the first few days! Like Bella said, hot tea is good for cravings or pickles (for some reason it kills the sweet cravings for me), brush your teeth and sometimes you just have to distract yourself - got for a walk, clean something, etc. It does get better - at least it did for me, it just takes a little time.

I've had the crackers, cookies, etc. around the whole time I've been on IP and not long after I started they didn't even interest me. I buy them for the guys but the cravings just stopped. I think once we break the cycle of "oh, that looks good I'll eat it" and really are having to pay attention to what we eat it gets much easier.

Hang in there - it gets better!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #34  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Happy Weekend!

Started with my new coach/clinic today. Happy to say lost more and it hasn't even been a full week since my last weigh in. So 2 1/2 weeks and 8# so far.
Hooray catlady! And I'm so glad you found a new coach/clinic - it really is great to have a good coach! And please don't forget to do something about the old coach - IP really needs to know these things.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 258.3/258.3/150

Height: 5'5''

I had my first WI yesterday, down 7.2 pounds! Excited for my clothes to start feeling loose!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #36  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I know everyone says don't weigh daily, but surprisingly its more often a motivator more than anything. I don't have unreal expectations, I'm not surprised to not go down from day to day, I am surprised from morning to morning if I go up but it makes me look harder and make sure I didn't slip up because accidents happen. I have always been one to be careful because I can gain weight so quickly and for me it happens at an even pace so I can put on 20-30lbs and still wear the same clothes cause I gain in my boobs, thighs, stomach, calves, arms, etc... it nice sometimes to carry weight well, but it's also a pain because before you know it your up a bunch. In one year, about 6 years ago I went from 140lbs (where I'd been since high school) to 240, I mean I noticed, but not really until about 180, then I was like oh crap, and before you new it I was 220, and so on. I got to 298lbs. I've never been a dieter, this is my first diet, I've always been an exerciser and an all things in moderation. I lost 50lbs and there I sat at 250, could never budge either way, met with a nutritionist for 2 years, my doctor wasn't sure, I logged food I quit drinking anything but water and tea 3 year ago. Now because of a back problem exercise isn't an option well high impact aerobic exercise and weight lifting. So I come to find IP, it's almost the perfect diet for me because I love vegetables and I don't mind most of the restrictions. I'm glad I found it and I'm glad it's working and I know that it's going to continue to work as long as I continue to stay OP. But I am sure I will continue to weigh myself about 3 times a week because I won't allow myself to go up like that again without noticing, and I know it may be hard to believe that I had no idea how big I was getting, but it happened so quickly with such big increments, I don't know how a person gains a hundred lbs in a year, my doctor couldn't find any medical reasons, but as we all know once you start gaining it's hard to derail the train.

As for my event tonight, I'm not going. The temptation is to much to have a drink. I have been able to not drink plenty of times, I have resisted many urges for various things, I have turned down friends for happy hour and lunches out, and I have started going out for lunch and out to the movies and been capable of resisting, but I know myself too well and the one thing that sounds nicer than anything in this time of stress is a nice relaxing glass of wine or mixed drink. I want to stay OP I have a goal to reach for a trip so I will just avoid the situation all together
Old 03-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #37  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet View Post

I have 3 daughters and I teach little kids I am constantly around "snack" time. I had very intense cravings during the first couple weeks mostly because the diet also caused my cycle to start. They passed, then my regular cycle came about a week and a half later and I experienced less intense cravings but mostly for salt and protein which I could satisfy within the diet. Good news is they got better, too bad I had 2 cycles this month but apparently its a side effect (a positive one) lol
Old 03-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Bella, I have used the WF apple butter on pork. Once on pork tenderloin, basted the meat in Dijon mustard put a couple of globs of Apple butter and added herbs Provence. I also made boneless pork chops baked in a shallow dish with sauerkraut. After baking, I added melted apple butter to the top. Both were good. Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #39  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Happy Weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfli3 View Post
I had my first WI yesterday, down 7.2 pounds! Excited for my clothes to start feeling loose!
Go you!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #40  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfli3 View Post
Congrats on a great first weigh in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
As for my event tonight, I'm not going. The temptation is to much to have a drink. I have been able to not drink plenty of times, I have resisted many urges for various things, I have turned down friends for happy hour and lunches out, and I have started going out for lunch and out to the movies and been capable of resisting, but I know myself too well and the one thing that sounds nicer than anything in this time of stress is a nice relaxing glass of wine or mixed drink. I want to stay OP I have a goal to reach for a trip so I will just avoid the situation all together
I'm glad you made a decision on it Amber. Sometimes we can drive ourselves nutty going between the "should I or shouldn't I?" and making a final decision is like a load off of us. Be nice to yourself tonight - take a hot bath, do something fun with your girls, sit and read a book, just anything you enjoy. I know it's been hard for you so you deserve a little "me" time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Bella, I have used the WF apple butter on pork. Once on pork tenderloin, basted the meat in Dijon mustard put a couple of globs of Apple butter and added herbs Provence. I also made boneless pork chops baked in a shallow dish with sauerkraut. After baking, I added melted apple butter to the top. Both were good. Hope this helps.
Those both sound really yummy!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #41  

Good afternoon

2 NSVs to report: I ate out last night for the 1st time & it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! I wasn't even tempted by the beers or margaritas, which is a HUGE victory in my books. And this morning I tried on a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller than I usually wear and I was able to GET THEM ON & FASTENED. I wouldn't wear them in public, but the fact I was able to get them zipped up has my mind spinning.

It is a glorious sunny day here, my winter coat is retiring for the season, I'm enjoying a Saturday without being hungry all day, and I am feeling better than I have in years. I am very happy I made the decision to try IP! I am so happy right now that if I weren't me, I would be annoyed with how obnoxiously chirpy I am.

Hoping everyone's day is full of blessings :
Old 03-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I know everyone says don't weigh daily, but surprisingly its more often a motivator more than anything. I don't have unreal expectations, I'm not surprised to not go down from day to day, I am surprised from morning to morning if I go up but it makes me look harder and make sure I didn't slip up because accidents happen. I have always been one to be careful because I can gain weight so quickly and for me it happens at an even pace so I can put on 20-30lbs and still wear the same clothes cause I gain in my boobs, thighs, stomach, calves, arms, etc... it nice sometimes to carry weight well, but it's also a pain because before you know it your up a bunch. In one year, about 6 years ago I went from 140lbs (where I'd been since high school) to 240, I mean I noticed, but not really until about 180, then I was like oh crap, and before you new it I was 220, and so on. I got to 298lbs. I've never been a dieter, this is my first diet, I've always been an exerciser and an all things in moderation. I lost 50lbs and there I sat at 250, could never budge either way, met with a nutritionist for 2 years, my doctor wasn't sure, I logged food I quit drinking anything but water and tea 3 year ago. Now because of a back problem exercise isn't an option well high impact aerobic exercise and weight lifting. So I come to find IP, it's almost the perfect diet for me because I love vegetables and I don't mind most of the restrictions. I'm glad I found it and I'm glad it's working and I know that it's going to continue to work as long as I continue to stay OP. But I am sure I will continue to weigh myself about 3 times a week because I won't allow myself to go up like that again without noticing, and I know it may be hard to believe that I had no idea how big I was getting, but it happened so quickly with such big increments, I don't know how a person gains a hundred lbs in a year, my doctor couldn't find any medical reasons, but as we all know once you start gaining it's hard to derail the train.

Not an easy decision to make, but it sounds like a wise one. Hang in there!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #43  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I've just passed the 100 lb loss mark! Yay for ideal protein! Yay for everyone who does it! It's an amazing programme!

My before photo - start date May 17, 2013:

I don't know how to post 2 photos in one screen so after photo coming next!

When I wear the glasses in this photo now, people ask me if I have new ones! I think that's because they now stick out over the edge of my face!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (35.3 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by Annik; 03-15-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #44  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Doing a happy dance!

March 14, 2014 -- doing a happy dance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.3 KB, 79 views)
Old 03-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Congratulations Annik! Wonderful pictures
Closed Thread