Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy weekend to everyone..........I had my first WI this morning after 1 week...whoo hoo I'm down 5.4lbs. I feel so inspired and motivated to keep OP. I have a challenge coming next week as in company is coming to stay for a week. I've know her for all my life and we have been very close off and on. She and I have eaten together in good times and bad. I'm very nervous about telling her about IP and that I am trying yet again another diet. My husband who also works away 2 weeks and is home 1 week does not know either......for the same reason......ANOTHER DIET??? Why don't you just eat less and move more!! That's always the response. I'm really stressing about this.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #17  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I guess everyone hits a slump, I'm not feeling very positive this morning and trying to get to feeling positive before I get too much further into my day. So far been sitting working on a paper but I have to get up and eat my protein soon. Scale is working against me, or rather just not for me this week. I don't want to be stuck and I wanted to go down today badly so I would have the boost I need to say no to the cocktails later... Now I'm going to have to find it another way.

Amber,
One thing I suggest is to NOT weigh yourself daily. You will not be losing weight daily and it can really be the buzz kill on the diet. I used to do it and when I saw a weight gain that day, it ruined my day and made it harder to stay OP. Weigh in once a week only. But as for this week, the scale is working against me as well. But I have to stay positive because maybe a miracle will happen within the next few days I know how hard it is to say no to the cocktails but it is only temporary. I had to do it last weekend, and this weekend, I'm not even going to a friends birthday party so that I'm not tempted to cheat with food or alcohol. You are not in this alone! Stay OP 100% and the scale will continue to go down. You can do this!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #18  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Happy weekend to everyone..........I had my first WI this morning after 1 week...whoo hoo I'm down 5.4lbs. I feel so inspired and motivated to keep OP. I have a challenge coming next week as in company is coming to stay for a week. I've know her for all my life and we have been very close off and on. She and I have eaten together in good times and bad. I'm very nervous about telling her about IP and that I am trying yet again another diet. My husband who also works away 2 weeks and is home 1 week does not know either......for the same reason......ANOTHER DIET??? Why don't you just eat less and move more!! That's always the response. I'm really stressing about this.
Ruby,
I think many of us been on many diets, but if you stick to this one 100%, you can prove to them it really works. If I were you, it would be my motivation just to prove my husband wrong! Don't be worried about what others think. Do what you have to do to become healthier. Best of luck!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Happy weekend everyone! I went to a gala ball last night. I managed to fit into my ball dress which I haven't worn for oh, maybe five years. Last time I wore it, it was a bit tight. This time, I was a little concerned that if I moved too enthusiastically on the dance floor, I may show everyone a little more of me than is decently acceptable! Luckily that didn't happen.

I had great plans to eat beforehand so I didn't have to rely on the food there but simply ran out of time racing back from work and getting ready. I managed to navigate the food ok, though. I said no to the starter of pumpkin soup by saying I didn't like pumpkin. They offered to bring me a salad instead, which in hindsight I should have said yes to but I didn't want to cause a fuss! The main was sweet potatoe mash (avoided that) with beef (avoided the gravy) and asparagus. I know the asparagus didn't give me my full 2C quota of vegetables and I'm pretty sure it was cooked in butter etc but I've built a bridge about it and moved on. The dessert was chocolate lava cake. Oh it smelt good. I used my fork to push it around my plate but didn't eat any of it. That was a big victory for me as I am a notorious dessert eater. I've been known to just order desserts at restaurants and I always used to ask for the dessert menu first so I could check it out before ordering my main!

I drank a couple of glasses of club soda and filled my spare glass up with water. I'm pretty sure no-one even noticed. It looked like vodka and sprite to most people.

There are several great benefits from not drinking, I've discovered. Firstly, I don't have to pay for a cab home and secondly, I wake up on Saturday morning early and don't have that fog from having a couple of wines the night before. I'm going to head to the supermarket to get my shopping in before the Saturday rush crowd. OMG. I just read that last line and realized that I sounded exactly like my Mother. Oh geez!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Great management on the night. Awesome!!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
I didn't trust myself at first and was very slow to tell people. I told DH because of the expense. I did not allow myself to post on the 100% thread until I had been on the diet for a month because I did not trust myself. I was even telling myself, "another diet?".
If eating less and moving more had worked for me I would've lost a long time ago. I have insulin resistance and it takes the very low carb for me to lose weight. It also took a very structured program for me to lose the weight. I was doing pretty low carb and maintaining 260.

Stop stressing. Stress increases cortisol and cortisol reduces weight-loss. It is a bad combo. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

RosiePosie, I think you did a fantastic job managing your Ball! Did you feel beautiful in your gown? Dance the night away? I think we become so intensively focused on IP that we forget the fun.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ems- how are you doing today?
Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #23  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

I'm thinking of cooking pork with the WF apple spread. Has anyone tried this? If so, how was it?

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I walked in to get my haircut and my hair dresser said, oh, you look thin. And then he said, noo you are skinny, wow, you look great. I get my hair cut every 5 week, and have probably lost less than 5 pounds since then but I have toned up a bunch.

Early February I got frustrated with my husband and banned sugar from the house. He was complaining about being fat, but then consuming mass quantities. He still has bread and things, but we got rid of the snacky junk food. He went through a pretty severe withdrawal but I am happy to say he has lost 16 pounds!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

I'm on day 5 and I woke up with some kind of nasty cold/bug. I don't know I caught something or I'm just getting an energy slump. I was kind to myself and got lots of extra rest this morning. The house cleaning can wait til later or until tomorrow. These boards and chats are giving me the strength to stay OP on IP

Also, I just started seeing a chiropractor a few times a week. Has anyone felt I'll the day after a session?

Last edited by sapphire83; 03-15-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #26  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
I have a question....In the last 8 weeks all of my girl friends I usually hangout with knew and know what I am doing and I politely told them I wouldn't be going to lunch anymore for a while. They all were very curious of the program and I told them what I was doing. So now in the past 2 months they don't even call or invite me anywhere, like Im fragile or something lol....anyone else experience something similar?
Same thing here. On the one hand, it's nice to have the time and space to focus on the diet without a lot of pressure to deviate. On the other hand, I think it's then more challenging both for they and you to know how to re-insert yourself. For me, I've had to be proactive and invite myself in a sense. It's a little odd though because some friends do talk about my eating needs as if I may die without the right food. Which likely means I talked too much about it prior

I don't want that to be what I'm known as...the girl with the special diet. So, I'm working harder to stop talking about it so much but then just ordering the way I need to order. I think the eating thing was so much a focus for me that I over- shared with some people. But I'm hopeful I can turn it around. My advice...invite yourself along again and don't talk about the diet but order what you need to order - most restaurants have something that will work. Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
I'm on day 5 and I woke up with some kind of nasty cold/bug. I don't know I caught something or I'm just getting an energy slump. I was kind to myself and got lots of extra rest this morning. The house cleaning can wait til later or until tomorrow. These boards and chats are giving me the strength to stay OP on IP

Also, I just started seeing a chiropractor a few times a week. Has anyone felt I'll the day after a session?
Chiropractic adjustments raise your immune system by about 400% so anything brewing in your body can be released. The good news is your cold/bug will go away that much sooner.

Take it easy and you should feel better soon!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

I have a brunch date with a friend in the morning and we are going out to eat. I have always done excellent ordering dinner stuff OP but have never done breakfast. Suggestions? What do I order and how should I order it?
Old 03-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Chiropractic adjustments raise your immune system by about 400% so anything brewing in your body can be released. The good news is your cold/bug will go away that much sooner.

Take it easy and you should feel better soon!
Thanks for the good information.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

Default New IPer. :)

Hi everyone, this is my first post to the board. I am on day 11 of the IP diet...sooo happy to be through that first week- I felt sick and weak for a good chunk of it so lurking on this forum really helped me through that as I could see it wasn't abnormal and was something that would pass if I gave it time. This week though I'm struggling with cravings. I have two children and so I have things in the house that I can't currently eat like cookies and crackers but there are times in the day where I just have to come to my bedroom with a glass of water to wait out an intense craving. Have others found the cravings to be something that pass over time?

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Closed Thread