Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

dak1lls

Well, I finally found a treadmill and after being in maintenance since the end of October I have started to exercise! I will admit I tried some dance exercises after buying a DVD that made it look so fun. Unfortunately, it was more comical than beneficial and I realized very quickly that I just am not cut out for Latin or Hip Hop dancing. lol. Perhaps there should be a disclaimer that anyone 50 or older should not try this at home. So, I have walked 2 miles each day for the last few days, and at a pretty good pace, if I do say so myself. I am hoping this helps firm up some of the flabbiness after dropping the weight. I don't expect to ever wear a bikini, but would like to feel more comfortable in my swimsuit this summer.[/QUOTE]

LOL I hear you about 50"s and the dance dvd's. I bought a Latin dance one a while back and whoa.......it was ridiculous. I walk every day (sometimes twice) cause I have a dog and that keeps me moving. I must say I find your weight loss journey inspirational. Have a great day.

Last edited by Rubygirl; 03-14-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Happy Friday to all!!!! Weigh in #5 and I'm down another 1.2 pounds this week!!

Sunday is 5 months til our wedding (8/16) and I'm feeling good about hitting goal well before then! One week from today, I'll be chasing a puppy around the house. And on 3/31, I start my new job! Lots of good things!!
Congratulations on all the wonderful things! Best of luck with your new job!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
Happy Friday! My mind feels less cluttered since starting IP. Don't know if that makes sense. I'm feeling good going into my first weekend. Can't wait for weigh in on Monday.
Yes I know what you mean....I feel fantastic on day 6 Have a good WI on Monday and have a great weekend
Old 03-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Clothing swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
Thanks for the tips -it will help me focus my searches at the thrift/consignment stores! I had budgeted for the cost of IP, but neglected to budget for the cost of clothing
Another thing you might consider is a clothing swap. Get together with a bunch of friends, no matter what their sizes are, and swap a thing for thing. Of course it helps if you have friends who are similar sizes or a little bit smaller than you. If you have friends that are all smaller than you, you might try scheduling or looking for a Meetup in your area. I did this once before and got some great new outfits and it didn't cost me a thing! And I made some new friends. Maybe you could find people on this board in your area and put something together.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
Happy Friday! My mind feels less cluttered since starting IP. Don't know if that makes sense. I'm feeling good going into my first weekend. Can't wait for weigh in on Monday.
I feel the same way! It's like my brain fog lifts when I cut out carbs.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Happy Friday everyone! My weight in the evening is always about 3 lbs higher than the morning. My 3rd weigh in and I'm down 2 more lbs. Yipee! 10lbs gone. This is my 3rd time trying IP. This time I'm so aware of the pitfalls. Taking it meal by meal. This weekend i'm planning on getting two hanging baskets full of strawberries for my 4yr olds to tend to. I'm not very green fingered myself. What other easy fast growing plants are good for children, maybe tomato plants? Have a good Friday everyone.
Twotots, great job on losing the 10. I love that you are getting your kids the hanging strawberry plants, I don't have a green thumb either so I may do the same for my tow 5 yr olds if summer ever gets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Friday dance! I go for WI today after first week on P3. I think I will be about the same, which is great considering I feel like I have had a lot more food. Breakfast is quite satisfactory and makes me feel good.
!
Drd- sounds like you are doing a great job with phase 3. Is it hard? Your next week sounds busy and exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing how the show went. Good luck.

Quote:

Sunday is 5 months til our wedding (8/16) and I'm feeling good about hitting goal well before then! One week from today, I'll be chasing a puppy around the house. And on 3/31, I start my new job! Lots of good things!!
Sunflwr- way to go. What kind of puppy are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Morning all. Still chugging along in phase 3 and havent't lost or gained which is great. Still have 6 days to go. I am loving the breaky again and looking forward to really diving into maintenance the right way. In the past, I did a phase 3 breaky, whatever I wanted for lunch, although it was not out of control by any means, and a veggie and protein for dinner. That being said, I did find myself picking up a piece of candy from the coworkers jar at work so I know that didn't really help.

Anyways, hope you are all well and enjoying your day.
Eandc- sounds like you are doing well on phase three, I am hoping to be there this Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Well, I finally found a treadmill and after being in maintenance since the end of October I have started to exercise! I will admit I tried some dance exercises after buying a DVD that made it look so fun. Unfortunately, it was more comical than beneficial and I realized very quickly that I just am not cut out for Latin or Hip Hop dancing. lol. Perhaps there should be a disclaimer that anyone 50 or older should not try this at home. So, I have walked 2 miles each day for the last few days, and at a pretty good pace, if I do say so myself. I am hoping this helps firm up some of the flabbiness after dropping the weight. I don't expect to ever wear a bikini, but would like to feel more comfortable in my swimsuit this summer.
Drk1lls- I tried one of those dancing classes and they are hard. Good for you for walking 2 miles a day, walking is hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
just did a major mess up at work. really upset about it. makes me want to go home with a bag of peanut butter m&m's and sit on the couch in the dark. not a great way to go into the weekend....
Ems- hope your day gets better and good for you for not acting on your impulse.

It feels like this week off work went bye so fast. I'm not ready to go back on Monday. This week I lost 2.7 lbs and am so close to onderland
I bought "Refuse to Regain" have started reading it even though I still have 30 lbs to go. I also will get the Beck Diet Solution soon as it seems like a great resource. I figure it is never too early to mentally prepare for maintenance and the cognitive shifting that will still need to happen.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #127  

Quote:

Congrats! That's all great news!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

WI, big 0, which is good, no gain, no loss.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #129  

Default New Coach

Happy Friday ya'll!

Congrats to all who have lost and resisted falling back on bad habits. I had to walk past the donuts and breakfast tacos at work several times today and I just told myself "I don't eat that anymore".

I finally have a new coach/clinic. I go for my signup meeting tomorrow and then I will attend a workshop. I am really excited about it. I will be doing something about the "bad" coach as well.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ems, did anyone die because of your mistake? Guessing no, because I know your job. My boss used that line to help put things into perspective. You are embarrassed and chagrined but you will learn from this and move on. Can you do anything to change it or make the situation better? If not, stop the mental punishment. None of us is perfect, we all make mistakes and hopefully we learn and do better next time. Remember- eat for joy, not for comfort. You are strong, girlie!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Sunflwr- way to go. What kind of puppy are you getting?

It feels like this week off work went bye so fast. I'm not ready to go back on Monday. This week I lost 2.7 lbs and am so close to onderland
I bought "Refuse to Regain" have started reading it even though I still have 30 lbs to go. I also will get the Beck Diet Solution soon as it seems like a great resource. I figure it is never too early to mentally prepare for maintenance and the cognitive shifting that will still need to happen.
Congrats on your loss!!!

He's a golden retriever, this is me and two of the boys the day we visited the litter : miles_smiley.JPG
Old 03-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Yes I know what you mean....I feel fantastic on day 6 Have a good WI on Monday and have a great weekend
Same to you.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
I feel the same way! It's like my brain fog lifts when I cut out carbs.
It is so great to not have that fog! Feeling amazing!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #134  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Congrats on your loss!!!

He's a golden retriever, this is me and two of the boys the day we visited the litter : Attachment 45909

PRETTTTTTY DOGS!!! Growing up and raising labs... they are the most loyal dogs ever!!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Ems, did anyone die because of your mistake? Guessing no, because I know your job. My boss used that line to help put things into perspective. You are embarrassed and chagrined but you will learn from this and move on. Can you do anything to change it or make the situation better? If not, stop the mental punishment. None of us is perfect, we all make mistakes and hopefully we learn and do better next time. Remember- eat for joy, not for comfort. You are strong, girlie!
haha thank you so much for this! Nope, no one died...THANKFUL FOR THAT! lol. Yes, I'm upset with myself that I lost money for my company. I will learn to triple check everything that I do. I went to lunch with a co-worker who helped put it into perspective, just like yall helped me. We walked around downtown, got some coffee from our favorite shop and headed back to work. What's done is done. I know I won't sabotage myself this weekend but the fact that the thought popped into my mind really really freaked me out! Thanks for the support!
Closed Thread