Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday to all!!!! Weigh in #5 and I'm down another 1.2 pounds this week!!

Sunday is 5 months til our wedding (8/16) and I'm feeling good about hitting goal well before then! One week from today, I'll be chasing a puppy around the house. And on 3/31, I start my new job! Lots of good things!!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #107  

Morning all. Still chugging along in phase 3 and havent't lost or gained which is great. Still have 6 days to go. I am loving the breaky again and looking forward to really diving into maintenance the right way. In the past, I did a phase 3 breaky, whatever I wanted for lunch, although it was not out of control by any means, and a veggie and protein for dinner. That being said, I did find myself picking up a piece of candy from the coworkers jar at work so I know that didn't really help.

Anyways, hope you are all well and enjoying your day.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #108  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
2nd WI today: 3 more lbs released back into the wild (along with 1.75")

But having my clothes fit differently as my body changes means so much more to me than ANY number on the scale or tape measure!

Speaking of clothes, any tips or strategies for dressing during the weight loss phase? I already know I'll be hitting thrift stores, but any other fashion ideas would be greatly appreciated! I work with young children, but I'm still expected to dress nicely (ie no jeans)
One thing that worked for me was sharing my journey with some co-workers and asking them if they were getting rid of any clothing. This worked well, and the clothing was right along with our dress code at work. This may help you out a bit, along with the thrift stores.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #109  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

eandc: it is so nice to have those breakfasts! I have to say, I didn't stick with them in maintenance, I've just never been a breakfast person. I do still have my protein shake in the morning though, and it gives me the energy I need til lunch time. I at least followed P3 for the two full weeks to phase off, but boy was I stuffed in the morning. Congrats on reaching this point.

sunflwr: how exciting to know you will reach your goal by your wedding date! That is for sure one of the great things about IP; knowing you can hit your goal! A new puppy sounds fun, and also very challenging. I don't think I have the energy for a puppy. But they are so darn cute!

Well, I finally found a treadmill and after being in maintenance since the end of October I have started to exercise! I will admit I tried some dance exercises after buying a DVD that made it look so fun. Unfortunately, it was more comical than beneficial and I realized very quickly that I just am not cut out for Latin or Hip Hop dancing. lol. Perhaps there should be a disclaimer that anyone 50 or older should not try this at home. So, I have walked 2 miles each day for the last few days, and at a pretty good pace, if I do say so myself. I am hoping this helps firm up some of the flabbiness after dropping the weight. I don't expect to ever wear a bikini, but would like to feel more comfortable in my swimsuit this summer.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

TurtleMom - for the past 8 years I hovered around 160 lb mark. Therefore, most of my clothes, including my bathing suits, is in that range. In the past 3 years, I have struggled with another 15 lbs, constantly going up and down, to recently go up 27lb from what became my norm of 160lbs. I have a lot of clothes that I am starting to fit in right now.

Sunflwr - congratulations on you weight loss! Wedding planning time, although stressful, was one of the most enjoyable times that I ever had. I enjoyed every moment of it (and then I had my son and staying home with a perfect baby for 1 year became my most enjoyable time of my life to date.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
One thing that worked for me was sharing my journey with some co-workers and asking them if they were getting rid of any clothing. This worked well, and the clothing was right along with our dress code at work. This may help you out a bit, along with the thrift stores.
I didn't have this problem. I was such a yo yo dieter that I had a range of sizes in my closet I have finally tossed all the larger clothing because I don't plan on wearing larger sizes again!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Happy Friday! My mind feels less cluttered since starting IP. Don't know if that makes sense. I'm feeling good going into my first weekend. Can't wait for weigh in on Monday.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #113  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacygirl1 View Post
I didn't have this problem. I was such a yo yo dieter that I had a range of sizes in my closet I have finally tossed all the larger clothing because I don't plan on wearing larger sizes again!
i did the same thing too! My husband literally was shocked to see how much i was donating to charity. I told him this gives me the excuse to replenish what i cant wear

who doesn't love that right??
Old 03-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

just did a major mess up at work. really upset about it. makes me want to go home with a bag of peanut butter m&m's and sit on the couch in the dark. not a great way to go into the weekend....
Old 03-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
i did the same thing too! My husband literally was shocked to see how much i was donating to charity. I told him this gives me the excuse to replenish what i cant wear

who doesn't love that right??
I gave away 7 bags and 4 sizes of stuff away three weeks ago. 14,12,10 and 8's gone, gone gone
Old 03-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #116  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
So I just made cauliflower rice and I have to say WOW! That is soo good, you almost feel like you are cheating! On top of having an IP brownie today for a snack (I have a restricted every day and look forward to it!) I feel like I have been cheating even though I was 100% OP!
OMG I just started making cauliflower rice this week as well. Wondering why I waited so long!! It was amazing. My DH asked if could have it every night. LOL
Old 03-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #117  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
just did a major mess up at work. really upset about it. makes me want to go home with a bag of peanut butter m&m's and sit on the couch in the dark. not a great way to go into the weekend....

dont let a little bump in the road get you down. It happens and the important thing is to move past this. I know its hard especially when we can be hard on ourselves to do good or eat good.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I'm used to the daily fluctuation, I go up 3-4lbs by the end of a night, just wasn't used to that big of a jump on the morning weigh in. But stressed and sick were this week's MO so hopefully it will be better by Monday's weigh in!
I hate it when that happens!!! It will go back down though!!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
dont let a little bump in the road get you down. It happens and the important thing is to move past this. I know its hard especially when we can be hard on ourselves to do good or eat good.
Thanks. I know I won't do anything stupid like that, but it's what I used to do. I haven't really felt this way since starting IP so it really startled me to have that thought.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Happy Friday to all!!!! Weigh in #5 and I'm down another 1.2 pounds this week!!

Sunday is 5 months til our wedding (8/16) and I'm feeling good about hitting goal well before then! One week from today, I'll be chasing a puppy around the house. And on 3/31, I start my new job! Lots of good things!!
Congratulations on all the wonderful things! Best of luck with your new job!
Closed Thread