IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: Phase 1 sheet is VERY clear. 2 c. veggies with lunch, 2 c. veggies with dinner. I'm a bit concerned about a coach that is not following those guidelines. We see on this board that there are MANY coaches who make up house rules (or are just poorly trained). Sometimes it is to "help" people lose faster (really, you can't "game" IP. It already works!)

Other coaches seem to be sabatoging their clients. It appears they don't want them to lose as fast, allowing them to add items that aren't on the sheet. I wonder if it is so losses will be slower and they'll make more $$? This coach's attitude regarding measuring veggies is fitting in that category, IMO.
    I understand what you're saying Lisa, however, I don't think it makes her a bad coach. I actually find her atunned to my needs.

All of these rules and monitoring may be stressful for someone, why not relieve of bit of unecesary burden if they can? For sure, it may slow down the weight loss for one, but it may also prevent another from diving into a loaf of bread... just saying...
  • Quote: WRT the weighing/measuring of veggies, I try to stick to the sheet in general, but I'm not exact about it. I think that the 2 cup rule was probably established to make it easy to remember/follow. But IMO there's no "magic" to the 2 cups. After all, we've discussed several times that volume can be so different based on how we chop the veggies, whether we compress them into the cup, or whatever. Plus, we know all veggies aren't created equal in terms of carbs, calories, or any other nutrients.

While I'm a believer in the overall IP program, I'm pretty cynical about the motives behind some of the requirements - how much is science vs. convenience vs. profit.

Probably not the most popular opinion, but my 2 cents.

Totally agree!!
  • Quote: WRT the weighing/measuring of veggies, I try to stick to the sheet in general, but I'm not exact about it. I think that the 2 cup rule was probably established to make it easy to remember/follow. But IMO there's no "magic" to the 2 cups. After all, we've discussed several times that volume can be so different based on how we chop the veggies, whether we compress them into the cup, or whatever. Plus, we know all veggies aren't created equal in terms of carbs, calories, or any other nutrients.

While I'm a believer in the overall IP program, I'm pretty cynical about the motives behind some of the requirements - how much is science vs. convenience vs. profit.

Probably not the most popular opinion, but my 2 cents.
    Not sure IP's reasoning behind the cups but Dr. Atkins said many years ago he chose inaccurate cups for measuring veggies b/c it was easy & he wanted something people would do. I'm guessing IPs reasoning is similar.
    For myself, when I'm on P1, I've learned to just follow the rules and not let my own cynicism get in the way b/c it can surely derail me. What I decided was that I needed to totally surrender to whatever program I chose. I was doing a REALLY crappy job of taking care of me pre-IP.
  • Quote: My gym is doing hydrostatic weighing this afternoon. I've got my bathing suit in car and ready to go.

I am curious how these numbers will compare with the ones my coach gets on her fancy scales.

According to the online BMI calculators I'm at 28.3 which puts me into Overweight and not the Obese category. Thanks to IP for that.

We shall see........
    I celebrated when I went from obese to overweight. let us know how the hydrostatic WI goes!

Loving my fitbit zip. It's challenging me, which I like. My mom has an art gallery down the road from where I work so I think i'm going to walk there for lunch when the weather is nice. Usually I drive. It's a 1/2 mile. I'm lazy, obviously. Then last night, I discovered that my gym has TV's on their treadmill. I walked for an HOUR while watching Property Brothers

Obviously I can do these activities without a fitbit but I like to see my results in numbers, which the fitbit offers!

Hope yall have a great day!!
  • Quote: Not sure IP's reasoning behind the cups but Dr.
    For myself, when I'm on P1, I've learned to just follow the rules and not let my own cynicism get in the way b/c it can surely derail me. What I decided was that I needed to totally surrender to whatever program I chose. I was doing a REALLY crappy job of taking care of me pre-IP.
    Yes, I agree that - for me - a plus of the program is to be able to put my eating on autopilot and not have to consider every morsel and gram. If it's on the sheet - yes. Not on the sheet - no. After years of ineffective dieting and stress, it's been nice to sort of surrender myself to the process for a few months.

But I do try to keep things in perspective, too, and not be overly legalistic in terms of following the rules. For instance, no one would suggest whipping out a measuring cup in a restaurant to make sure we get the full 2 cups of veggies.
  • Hgtv
    Quote: I celebrated when I went from obese to overweight. let us know how the hydrostatic WI goes!

Loving my fitbit zip. It's challenging me, which I like. My mom has an art gallery down the road from where I work so I think i'm going to walk there for lunch when the weather is nice. Usually I drive. It's a 1/2 mile. I'm lazy, obviously. Then last night, I discovered that my gym has TV's on their treadmill. I walked for an HOUR while watching Property Brothers

Obviously I can do these activities without a fitbit but I like to see my results in numbers, which the fitbit offers!

Hope yall have a great day!!
    OMG, I was also watching that show at my gym last night. We don't have cable at home so I watch my shows on the treadmill or elliptical.

Too funny.
  • I had my weekly WI today and I dropped 2 pounds. This makes me happy, being that I had several cheats this week. I've been good since Monday, but really battled getting back into ketosis. My coach said it appeared I was now, although I have a killer headache. Anyway, with what I ate this past week (nothing major, just lots of little cheats) I'm happy with losing 2 pounds.

I'm looking into getting a fit bit. Just want to decide which kind to get. There are lots of options. Wear it all the time, or clip it on. I'm not sure I want to have it on all the time, but yet I don't want to forget to put it on either. I'm curious about the tracking of the sleep, too. My friend has the wrist one, but she said it has a display. When I looked at the store today, it didn't seem like it had a display. Hmmm...what to do.
  • jendilly - there are two that are "watch-like". The Force & the Flex. I have the Force which does have the clock among all the other features. The Flex doesn't have the watch feature.
  • So I just made cauliflower rice and I have to say WOW! That is soo good, you almost feel like you are cheating! On top of having an IP brownie today for a snack (I have a restricted every day and look forward to it!) I feel like I have been cheating even though I was 100% OP!
  • Quote: jendilly - there are two that are "watch-like". The Force & the Flex. I have the Force which does have the clock among all the other features. The Flex doesn't have the watch feature.
    My friend has the Force, but they are now not selling it anymore. It's been recalled for causing skin irritation. So the flex doesn't have a display. I've done the comparison between the Flex and the One and trying to decide which to get. Flex has "goal setting" the One has the stairs climbed. The One has a display with time, etc. The Flex doesn't.
  • I know everyone says don't weigh everyday but I can't help it I'm a serial weigher, and I realize weight fluctuates but it's been nice to say that it either stays the same or goes down, although the week before TOM I had a couple days where it went down then up about .8lbs the next day... well this morning I had a slap in the face, I went up 1.6lbs from the day before, what the heck? I was sick yesterday but I stayed OP I didn't take any medicine or cough drops, the only thing I did different yesterday was add mio to my water which coach said was fine a long time ago. So today I'm thinking all that mio I bough is gonna get chucked. Over a lb and a half in one day seems like a lot... I KNOW I KNOW quit weighing everyday especially if it's going to get me upset, and it's not really that I'm upset I'm just worried I did something wrong.
  • SarahBell, Amber, and Schnectady- sorry you all had a bad day, prays and thoughts are with you

mckaren4 thanks for the quote, it is so try.

Very tired this week due to time change and has been very hungry as eat when stressed, tired (to stay awake) just to eat. But it is so great to try on clothes that you could not get into last week like AmberLS is doing.

will be glad when they get it so you can change our trackers for weight
  • Quote: My gym is doing hydrostatic weighing this afternoon. I've got my bathing suit in car and ready to go.

I am curious how these numbers will compare with the ones my coach gets on her fancy scales.

According to the online BMI calculators I'm at 28.3 which puts me into Overweight and not the Obese category. Thanks to IP for that.

We shall see........
    it should be far more accurate
  • 2nd WI today: 3 more lbs released back into the wild (along with 1.75")

But having my clothes fit differently as my body changes means so much more to me than ANY number on the scale or tape measure!

Speaking of clothes, any tips or strategies for dressing during the weight loss phase? I already know I'll be hitting thrift stores, but any other fashion ideas would be greatly appreciated! I work with young children, but I'm still expected to dress nicely (ie no jeans)
  • Soooo..... It was another very long day. Started work at 6 (I have a45 minute commute so I leave home at 515). Worked until 445. Didn't really get a lunch break (I usually eat lunch at my desk but I was going to try to sneak in a short walk - no such luck). Trying to get more lettuce in every day. So maybe my diligence will bring the whoosh fairy next week. I think she forgot my name. LOL.

One NSV coming up this weekend - I am going to a CAbi (Carol Anderson by invitation) party. It is a home party of nice clothing. Carol Anderson used to design for Neiman Marcus, Saks. I have gone to these parties a lot before but couldn't buy anything because the only go to size 16. Now I can go and try on and buy. The buying may not be a good thing - kind of expensive.

Happy Friday tomorrow