3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/293630-ip-daily-chat.html)

catlady1981 03-11-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4961427)
Oh and can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE link me to the muffin recipes!!! I have searched until my eyes hurt and I only find the same mini muffin recipe that says nothing about chocolate zucchini lol

Here it is:

Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Muffins
(1) Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal
(1) Ideal Protein Chocolate Pudding (Milk Chocolate)
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup
1 pack of Splenda or Stevia
1 tsp coconut extract
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of sea salt
2 cups diced zucchini
Preheat oven to 350. Using a rolling pin, gently crush the Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal while still in the unopened package.
Mix all ingredients together except for zucchini until thoroughly mixed. Then add diced zucchini (make sure to squeeze excess water from zucchini with a paper towel) then incorporate into chocolate mixture.
Spray your non-stick muffin pan with a non-stick spray and then evenly add your chocolate mix to make 12 muffins.
Place in oven for 12-15 minutes and then let cool in pan.
Recipe Yields: (2) IP servings
(1) serving constitutes: 1 serving = 6 muffins = (1) Ideal Protein meal and 1 cup of vegetables.

I put 2TBSP extra water because it was just too thick. Also I used a regular muffin tin, not a mini.

ColoradoCarol 03-11-2014 09:27 PM

Hi all. I have been absent for a while. Work is crazy busy. I like busy, but crazy busy is not good. I have had a chance to check in briefly,but not as much as I like. I got to work at 630, worked til my our dept training ran from 8 - 430. Tomorrow I will get there at 6, work til class starts at 8. Thankfully training ends at 12 tomorrow. Then I will work til 415,when I leave for 515 WI.

Whew. He fully WI will go better scale wise than last week (stayed the same) - I had good inch loss wise.

Hopefully I am learning to deal with the never ending stress at - I know it can affect the scale. I hope it doesn't this week.

I am still 100% OP, so that is always a victory.

Night all.

AmberLS 03-11-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4961434)
I believe it may be this post by Lisa in this thread. I could be wrong but it was the only one I could find using site:3fatchicks ideal protein chocolate zucchini muffins. She (Lisa) mentioned it is in recipes #4 on here. HTH!

TY!!!!!!
:carrot:

AmberLS 03-11-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kontesanera (Post 4961441)
AmberLS, I was not endorsing drinking wine spritzer or light beer, just thought that it was better that ie. vodka with diet soda. I believe that on this diet we do not get enough fat or calories to be able to handle alcohol appropriately. Mio also has artificial sweeteners so it could potentially make alcohol more potent.

I know, I was just sharing the exact information given to be by my coach but it came with a stern warning. He also said to use the skinny girl vodka it has no carbs I guess. But the warning was that should I choose to drink I should only have one and wait at least 30-45minutes before thinking of another. He said the alcohol will hit totally differently now no matter what you drink because of the change in body composition. The vodka was only a recommendation based on the diet not on intoxication levels. Too much sugar in beer and wine.
:)

ems70508 03-11-2014 09:46 PM

Susie, I used the fitbit all afternoon. Coworkers were giggling because I took laps to the watercooler and bathroom! I work in downtown lafayette so a friend and I grabbed a coffee after work and walked around downtown...rather than sitting and chatting. I got to my 5,000 steps easily. I hope to do 10,000 a day. We shall see!! There are 4 types of fitbits. I got the zip. It is the cheapest and does the least. So it clocks distance, steps and calories burned. It bases calories burned off of your height and weight and the amount of movement you do throughout the day. It easily syncs with MFP so all your food calories are seen in the fitbit app. It does not do heart rate, sadly. It also isnt waterproof, so you can't wear it swimming laps. It is water resistant. This evening, I was 500 steps away from 5,000 and did laps around my kitchen island. My roomie was laughing, but I like a good challenge!

TurtleMom, what great NSV's! Congrats!

Carol it's good to hear from you! Hope all the training goes well. I like being busy because it makes time fly by but it's also very tough on the body for me! I need my sleep! Good luck!

ColoradoCarol 03-11-2014 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=ems70508;4961456

Carol it's good to hear from you! Hope all the training goes well. I like being busy because it makes time fly by but it's also very tough on the body for me! I need my sleep! Good luck![/QUOTE]

Ems - I have missed you all;).

Training is boring - but a good refresher. Plus it gives me 12 credits towards my continuous learning requirements.

Good sleep has been my goal. I spent the past weekend trying to de-stress- I didn't do a whole lot. Hopefully that helped. Hoping for a good loss this week.

Ruth Ann 03-11-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4961439)
Thanks! It worked! I think I wasn't pasting the right thing into the right box. But when I saw what was left behind in yours, then it made sense. I was so bummed. I was really excited about getting this. It's the small things that do it for me. :)

Yeah catlady! Congrats on figuring it out!

jendilly 03-11-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4961456)
Susie, I used the fitbit all afternoon. Coworkers were giggling because I took laps to the watercooler and bathroom! I work in downtown lafayette so a friend and I grabbed a coffee after work and walked around downtown...rather than sitting and chatting. I got to my 5,000 steps easily. I hope to do 10,000 a day. We shall see!! There are 4 types of fitbits. I got the zip. It is the cheapest and does the least. So it clocks distance, steps and calories burned. It bases calories burned off of your height and weight and the amount of movement you do throughout the day. It easily syncs with MFP so all your food calories are seen in the fitbit app. It does not do heart rate, sadly. It also isnt waterproof, so you can't wear it swimming laps. It is water resistant. This evening, I was 500 steps away from 5,000 and did laps around my kitchen island. My roomie was laughing, but I like a good challenge!

TurtleMom, what great NSV's! Congrats!

Carol it's good to hear from you! Hope all the training goes well. I like being busy because it makes time fly by but it's also very tough on the body for me! I need my sleep! Good luck!

After the discussion today, I'm considering getting a Fitbit too. I looked at the Zip and like that it's just clips on. Not wanting to do the wrist thing...I think I wouldn't wear it all the time then. I'm wondering about the tracking of sleep, though. Looks like the Zip doesn't do that. Not sure I really need to track my sleep...I already know I wake up often and don't get solid sleep. Do I need a bit to tell me that? Is there anything else the Zip doesn't do? I noticed they have another one that clips on that you can wear in a wristband at night to track sleep. Just curious about them all.

Ruth Ann 03-11-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol (Post 4961443)
Hi all. I have been absent for a while. Work is crazy busy. I like busy, but crazy busy is not good. I have had a chance to check in briefly,but not as much as I like. I got to work at 630, worked til my our dept training ran from 8 - 430. Tomorrow I will get there at 6, work til class starts at 8. Thankfully training ends at 12 tomorrow. Then I will work til 415,when I leave for 515 WI.

Whew. He fully WI will go better scale wise than last week (stayed the same) - I had good inch loss wise.

Hopefully I am learning to deal with the never ending stress at - I know it can affect the scale. I hope it doesn't this week.

I am still 100% OP, so that is always a victory.

Night all.

Wondered where you were Carol! Sounds like a hectic schedule but hooray for you for staying OP!

Good luck tomorrow - and don't stress about it!

ems70508 03-11-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4961466)
After the discussion today, I'm considering getting a Fitbit too. I looked at the Zip and like that it's just clips on. Not wanting to do the wrist thing...I think I wouldn't wear it all the time then. I'm wondering about the tracking of sleep, though. Looks like the Zip doesn't do that. Not sure I really need to track my sleep...I already know I wake up often and don't get solid sleep. Do I need a bit to tell me that? Is there anything else the Zip doesn't do? I noticed they have another one that clips on that you can wear in a wristband at night to track sleep. Just curious about them all.

Yeah there are two non-wrist ones. The zip is what I have. The other one is $40 more and you get the sleep tracker and the STAIR counter. So it monitors when you are taking more stairs because that requires more energy. I work in an office on one floor and live in a townhouse. So no steps for me. I also don't have a problem with sleeping so didn't hold that high on my list. That's why I went with the zip! I too did not want a wrist version.

Rubygirl 03-11-2014 11:45 PM

Your progress is amazing and inspirational!!! Sorry just trying to figure out the quote thing lol

Rubygirl 03-11-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4960292)
Good morning. It is a nice, mild day here! Lets hope this weather sticks around!

Finally did my measurements this morning; I am down a total of 80 inches since I started! That is 14.5 inches since I last measured 9 weeks ago. It really goes to show that we shouldn't only use the scale to track our progress! I have lost more inches than lbs in the last 9 weeks, but I am still shrinking, so that is all that matters! :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4961442)
Here it is:

Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Muffins
(1) Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal
(1) Ideal Protein Chocolate Pudding (Milk Chocolate)
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup
1 pack of Splenda or Stevia
1 tsp coconut extract
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of sea salt
2 cups diced zucchini
Preheat oven to 350. Using a rolling pin, gently crush the Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal while still in the unopened package.
Mix all ingredients together except for zucchini until thoroughly mixed. Then add diced zucchini (make sure to squeeze excess water from zucchini with a paper towel) then incorporate into chocolate mixture.
Spray your non-stick muffin pan with a non-stick spray and then evenly add your chocolate mix to make 12 muffins.
Place in oven for 12-15 minutes and then let cool in pan.
Recipe Yields: (2) IP servings
(1) serving constitutes: 1 serving = 6 muffins = (1) Ideal Protein meal and 1 cup of vegetables.

I put 2TBSP extra water because it was just too thick. Also I used a regular muffin tin, not a mini.

sounds great!!

Annik 03-12-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4960292)
Good morning. It is a nice, mild day here! Lets hope this weather sticks around!

Finally did my measurements this morning; I am down a total of 80 inches since I started! That is 14.5 inches since I last measured 9 weeks ago. It really goes to show that we shouldn't only use the scale to track our progress! I have lost more inches than lbs in the last 9 weeks, but I am still shrinking, so that is all that matters! :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

I haven't been on the boards for awhile and am just checking in.

I see your progress -- WOW! Go girl! Fantastic!

You are inspiring!

Annik

drd1961 03-12-2014 05:22 AM

I have a fitbit one and have had it for over a year. I really like it. I wear it in my pants pocket or if I don't have one in my bra. I like the sleep function a lot as it tells how restless you are and is accurate.

TwoTots 03-12-2014 06:33 AM

Good morning. It's another beautiful day here. The sun is shining! I'm so glad I have started to lose weight before summer really hits. It will be great to feel comfortable in summer clothes.