Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Gidgetonsweets- Reen and drd gave great advice. 20 pounds is a lot of weight to lose. I also had a 4 week period where I lost 1 pound per week, patience is the key.

Amber- my caution for alcohol is that it can have a much stronger effect on some people following the IP protocol. Some have had blackouts, DUI, and really bad hangovers after only a couple of drinks. If you choose to indulge be careful.

Rosieposie, sorry work has been so stressful but glad you were able to stay 100%.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Renee,

I will send up a prayer for all those involved in the accident. I am so sorry that you and DH had such a traumatic experience, but know that your kind comfort was a blessing to the people affected.

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-09-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #63  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
I am going to ak you all to send healing thoughts to MD. Hubby and I decided to go on a spur of the moment day trip yesterday to enjoy the sun and 60's. En route, we witnessed a horrific accident on the highway. It has to be one of the most traumatic things I have ever experienced and hope never to again. Two lives were lost and four others were injured, but those four should be fine. Hubby and I spent a while on the side of the road helping victims stay calm and providing statements to the police. Just send your healing thoughts to the families involved, and to us, too, if you don't mind. I am so blessed and grateful to be safe, as we were one car ahead of the impact; however, I still feel deeply shaken by the experience. I know not as shaken as the families involved, but it hass dfinitely affected me. Please, ALWAYS buckle up and NEVER. Use your phone while driving. ~Renee
Bless you for helping! That is so hard to witness, be nice to yourself for a few days, you deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post
Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???
I'm going to second what everyone else has said - you're doing great! As to the smaller loss in week 4, that's not unusual. A lot of people have a small loss during weeks 3 to 5 just because the body is catching up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Happy weekend everyone. What a week I've had. Massive working hours but have stayed 100% the entire time. So glad I got into the groove of IP before these work challenges came up so I don't make excuses. Would have loved a glass of wine on Friday night but instead had a club soda and some Mio instead. I haven't drunk anything other than water, decaf teas or coffee since starting IP nine weeks ago and although the club soda was delicious and I loved the sensation of drinking bubbles, one glass was enough. Oh, how I've changed - I used to drink loads of diet coke so this was a big moment.

On another topic, my NSV of the weekend was finding that I can pull my jeans off without unbuttoning them first. I did think they were getting a little baggy but hadn't realized how much!!
Congrats on both your NSVs! That is awesome. I have a rule - when I can pull pants on and off without undoing them it's time to get new pants!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 250/215/150

Height: 5.4

Hi ReenHag,
You are 100 % correct , I am comparing myself to others !!! I noticed the 5+ WI's documented by others and panicked. lol . You have had Great Success and Congrats on your losses. Can you please suggest some of your favorites in the Proti Diet selection ?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #65  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I agree there are always excuses and change is hard. I stick to my plan very well and am not looking to stop. I just know my own weakness and like many people avoid certain things. I personally avoid going out to the bar but have no problems taking my kids to restaurants, or for treats, or ordering girls scout cookies for them, but I know if I go to the bar I'm going to have a drink with my friends, so I don't go. It's not a big deal 99% of the time. I'm finding lot's of things to do and keeping myself busy. But I will be going to the bar next weekend, its not something I can just avoid this time, nor would I want to. I am struggling enough emotionally this week with the memories of seeing him the last time etc., but I am staying on plan. However with all this in mind I need this time with my family and friends so I will go. My coach already told me that some drinks are "better" than others so I figure I will do this the best way possible. I don't plan to go drink myself to oblivion, or eat anything off plan, but if I can go and have a couple drinks without totally sabotaging my diet I will. If I can go and have a plan that's better than going in without one. Who knows maybe I won't drink it's hard to say since I'm not in that position yet, but in case I do better to be prepared then to just blow it.
AmberLS - not to sound unfeeling or rude, it really sounds like you've already made up your mind what you are going to do and are looking for validation that it's okay. You're an adult and will do whatever you want, but since you're spending a lot of time convincing yourself it's ok maybe you should spend that time and energy setting your mind to staying OP?

I'm sorry for the loss of your father, that is so hard. I lost mine 2 years ago and the memories are still very fresh to me and I miss him every day.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #66  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
AmberLS - not to sound unfeeling or rude, it really sounds like you've already made up your mind what you are going to do and are looking for validation that it's okay. You're an adult and will do whatever you want, but since you're spending a lot of time convincing yourself it's ok maybe you should spend that time and energy setting your mind to staying OP?

I'm sorry for the loss of your father, that is so hard. I lost mine 2 years ago and the memories are still very fresh to me and I miss him every day.
No you don't sound rude. Like you said I am an adult and I haven't so much made up my mind as intended to walk into something with a plan. I am not convincing myself it's ok, I know it's not ok, but no one is perfect. But we can't all spend our whole diet avoiding situations that are challenging. That is no way to live so my only intention is to go be with my family and there is no fault in knowing my own weakness and being prepared. Who knows I may surprise myself. It's still a week away and I've managed to do lots of things I thought would be a challenge.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Moving is a lot of work.... think of all the calories you will be burning!
Lots, I hope! I think I will be so busy that food will not enter my mind!

We are finishing our days in Disneyworld and I am very proud of myself - stayed 100% OP even under challenging business/social situations. Unlimited buffets and I found the fish, salad, and roasted veggies. In the park, read and read menus before we went in, avoiding any with traps. My husband even got in on it, helping me .

The answer is (thank you 65x65) to have specific ideas of easy and safe things to ask for sometimes regardless of the printed menu. Ask! I have also learned just to let my plate go with food uneaten. This is hard as it runs counter to the teaching of my parents, but I am getting good at it.

Guess this should have gone on the 100% thread, but what I learned is that I can do this, no excuses. Why not give in? Because I can look in the mirror and be proud, skinny, and know I have not jeopardized my health or progress. That feels so much better than that salted caramel cheesecake would have!

Last edited by schenectady; 03-09-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #68  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
No you don't sound rude. Like you said I am an adult and I haven't so much made up my mind as intended to walk into something with a plan. I am not convincing myself it's ok, I know it's not ok, but no one is perfect. But we can't all spend our whole diet avoiding situations that are challenging. That is no way to live so my only intention is to go be with my family and there is no fault in knowing my own weakness and being prepared. Who knows I may surprise myself. It's still a week away and I've managed to do lots of things I thought would be a challenge.
Glad to hear you haven't made up your mind! (Okay, that sounds weird.) I have been to functions where drinking alcohol is expected since I've started. Sparkling water with a twist of lime looks just like a cocktail. Or add a squirt of Mio if you want more flavor. I've had water in a wine glass with Mio, no one knows the difference. My dh doesn't drink at all and we've used this strategy to keep the "don't you want a drink" boors at bay for years.

As Lisa said, it's about being with family and friends and sharing your memories and celebrating your dad's life. The rest is secondary.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #69  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Lots, I hope! I think I will be so busy that food will not enter my mind!

We are finishing our days in Disneyworld and I am very proud of myself - stayed 100% OP even under challenging business/social situations. Unlimited buffets and I found the fish, salad, and roasted veggies. In the park, read and read menus before we went in, avoiding any with traps. My husband even got in on it, helping me .

The answer is (thank you 65x65) to have specific ideas of easy and safe things to ask for sometimes regardless of the printed menu. Ask! I have also learned just to let my plate go with food uneaten. This is hard as it runs counter to the teaching of my parents, but I am getting good at it.

Guess this should have gone on the 100% thread, but what I learned is that I can do this, no excuses. Why not give in? Because I can look in the mirror and be proud, skinny, and know I have not jeopardized my health or progress. That geeks Solomon much better than that salted caramel cheesecake would have!
Glad to hear you're learning to "geeks Solomon" schenectady! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

And congrats to you for staying OP - you are fabulous!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #70  

Hi slipfree
Thanks for the warning. Are you a mind reader ? Wine did run over the mind. I am so grateful for this site. I had a horrible morning anyways. Took my 120 lb. puppy (Big Poppi) out to play in the yard. Walked in the house and couldn't find my 6 lb. 8 yr. old Shitsz Tzu (correct spelling for him). Panic Attack time. I live in the country on a few acres. Did a hawk get him ? Did he go to the highway ? Next thing , I am on a 4 wheeler in my ugly PJ's searching for my wonderful baby that I love so much, Can't seem to find him !!!! . Return to the house , screaming his name. Maybe I closed him in a room ? No still don't find him. grab tennis shoes , they are wet. Wow !!!!!! Now I know where my baby is, """ Under the Bed """ ..... Anytime he does wrong , under the bed he goes. He wet the slippers because I left him in the house. He hid under the bed because he did a wrong. Wooooooooooooooo ...... Yes Wine was on the mind. Thanks for feeling my frustration Slipfree. lol
Can you Imagine. lol
Old 03-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Glad to hear you're learning to "geeks Solomon" schenectady! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

And congrats to you for staying OP - you are fabulous!
I am playing with my new tablet and it got me! Let's try feels so much better than cheesecake!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #72  

So Sorry to hear of such a horrible experience Rheen My prayers go out to you. That is such a tragedy !!! I can't imagine the after thought of the scene. Prayers go out to you my friend.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #73  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am playing with my new tablet and it got me! Let's try feels so much better than cheesecake!
LOL - I knew what you meant but that was a great typo!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #74  

Quote:
LOL - I knew what you meant but that was a great typo!
It is the !@#$ auto correct! Sometimes it changes real words to nonsense!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #75  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Sending you a hug or many more over the next days...and a thank-you for being a Good Samaritan. I know, I know......all decent people would do what you did...but you also opened your emotions forever by doing this and become victimized as well.

Peace...you did good. Be good to the two of you today. Thanks for sharing.
A big Thank-You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Renee,

I will send up a prayer for all those involved in the accident. I am so sorry that you and DH had such a traumatic experience, but know that your kind comfort was a blessing to the people affected.
Quote:
Bless you for helping! That is so hard to witness, be nice to yourself for a few days, you deserve it.
Thanks, everyone. I am actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow to be around friends and the kids. I need some smiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post
Hi ReenHag,
You are 100 % correct , I am comparing myself to others !!! I noticed the 5+ WI's documented by others and panicked. lol . You have had Great Success and Congrats on your losses. Can you please suggest some of your favorites in the Proti Diet selection ?
Thanks! I enjoy the Proti Diet cereals (honey nut and chocolatey) and Banana Bread bars. Proti-Thin has wafers that i use for an occasional treat. For lunch, I like the Proti-Diet chicken noodle soup sometimes, and the Spaghettini. Their shakes and puddings are good, too, but I have held off on some of them during the colder months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Gidgetonsweets- Reen and drd gave great advice. 20 pounds is a lot of weight to lose. I also had a 4 week period where I lost 1 pound per week, patience is the key.

Amber- my caution for alcohol is that it can have a much stronger effect on some people following the IP protocol. Some have had blackouts, DUI, and really bad hangovers after only a couple of drinks. If you choose to indulge be careful.
Yes, I second that. Lower body weight, different body composition, plus being "off" alcohol for a time all contribute to a different response to drinking. My suggestion? Stay away from it. It is WAY easier than you think, and you will lose more quickly. Most alcoholic beverages are just empty calories with absolutely NO health benefits. When you are phasing off and are ready to indulge, stick with red wine and start with one glass, maybe even half a glass. See how you feel, and make sure you are safe transportation-wise (even have it at home just to be safe). Trust me, I thought this would be the hardest part of IP, but it was a cinch! And this is coming from a stressed put middle school teacher who used to have a bottle on hand at all times and go out to happy hour regularly with co-workers. I still hang out with them; I just stick with unsweet tea and Splenda. It truly is all about the company, not the booze.
Closed Thread