IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/8 - Sun 3/9/2014

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Lots, I hope! I think I will be so busy that food will not enter my mind!

We are finishing our days in Disneyworld and I am very proud of myself - stayed 100% OP even under challenging business/social situations. Unlimited buffets and I found the fish, salad, and roasted veggies. In the park, read and read menus before we went in, avoiding any with traps. My husband even got in on it, helping me .

The answer is (thank you 65x65) to have specific ideas of easy and safe things to ask for sometimes regardless of the printed menu. Ask! I have also learned just to let my plate go with food uneaten. This is hard as it runs counter to the teaching of my parents, but I am getting good at it.

Guess this should have gone on the 100% thread, but what I learned is that I can do this, no excuses. Why not give in? Because I can look in the mirror and be proud, skinny, and know I have not jeopardized my health or progress. That feels so much better than that salted caramel cheesecake would have!
    ummmm. hmmmmmm. Salted Caramel anything, let alone cheesecake is like dying and going to HEAVEN! I have squashed that particular craving with Torani's Sugar-Free Salted Caramel Syrup ( I ordered 6, LOL) You are doing such a great job!
  • Re: Alcohol

I would HIGHLY recommend abstaining or limiting yourself to just one. I had three mixed drinks (vodka and diet) a few weeks ago and blacked out. This would literally not have had an effect on me at all before IP. It was actually kind of scary. Plus that week I lost absolutely nothing.
  • This last week has been rough for me on IP and I could really use some positive thoughts, prayers, energy, whatever you have to give. I've had so many events to attend and then family here visiting and I did a so-so job of staying on plan. I was super excited to have my cousin here...she's a major health nut and a personal trainer. She saw me and was amazed at how I looked. I told her all about IP and she was actually really impressed. I was scared with how she would react, but she was super positive about it. She tried some of my food and thought it was great.

The problem was...I did too many little cheats lately. Took her to the Brown and Haley factory outlet (her husband loves Almond Roca and you can get it SUPER cheap there) and we bought some of that, so it was around. Then we had girl scout cookies here. I've noticed if I just have one little cheat, it turns in to a bunch of little cheats. Man, it's easy to see how sugar or carbs can affect you like that...you just want more. I didn't have big horrible nasty cheats, just little bits here and there that have added up and now I feel awful. My stomach feels bloated and I know I've just really blown it. It's so hard for me too, because the first 9+ weeks on IP I didn't even have one itty bitty bite of anything I wasn't supposed to have. And then this last week, it's been small bites of something bad almost every day. I HAVE to get myself under control and commit 100% starting right now that I will be 100% on plan from here on out. I know I feel better when I am and the only way this is going to be truly successful is if I am committed. Nothing that I've eaten tastes as good as healthy feels.

There's my confessional. It's completely my fault and I KNOW that I have the ability to be 100% on plan. I did it to myself. I've been fully on plan before and it's time to stop the crud and get back at it again.

Thanks for listening and thanks for any positive thoughts.
  • Quote:
    There's my confessional. It's completely my fault and I KNOW that I have the ability to be 100% on plan. I did it to myself. I've been fully on plan before and it's time to stop the crud and get back at it again.

Thanks for listening and thanks for any positive thoughts.
    jendilly, I had a slip myself and was totally bummed cause I'm a firm believer in being 100%. I was supremely disappointed in myself but decided that the cheat was over and it was back to business. I had a few hard days trying to get my hunger under control again but was soooo relieved when the hunger subsided and I was back to plan without effort! Beating yourself up won't help anything... get back on the horse!
  • Quote: Hi Cat!

Good for you giving the beers to your son... And when you get to maintenance and want a beer, you now have someone who owes you one!

How did your meeting with the new coach go? Was it the one you met here and were messaging with?

Hope all is well in your IP world!
    Hi JLUS: The meeting went well and yes, it was the one that I met on here. He is going to be talking to the clinic Dr. about me to see how we will work out the financial part, but I am going to his Workshop this coming Sat. and if all goes well I will start going to this new clinic. I should know something for sure from him by tomorrow or Tues. Then I will go to the old clinic on Tues. for WI and to get food and then I will be done with her.

I was a IP baking fool today. I made waffles, cookies, and zucchini chocolate muffins. Veg is cut up and ready to go.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
  • Welcome!
    Quote: Howdy! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, and finally got the courage to jump in I'm very new to this -just started my 2nd week of IP. I must say that reading these threads makes for an educational distraction from being hungry! Down 5 lbs at 1st WI, but inches stubbornly refused to budge. At least my clothes are beginning to fit differently!

Thank you to all who share their insight & wisdom -it is helping me stay on course. Wishing everyone well this week <3

TurtleMom: You will find tons of support here, great recipes and advice. These fantastic ladies have helped me so much already!
  • Jendilly, time to move forward. You can not change what has happened but you can change your next bite- Not a lick, a taste or a bite off program. You can do it! You have been doing it for 9 weeks. White knuckle through the cravings, get back into ketosis and be back on your way toward your goal.
  • Quote: Thanks, everyone. I am actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow to be around friends and the kids. I need some smiles.

Thanks! I enjoy the Proti Diet cereals (honey nut and chocolatey) and Banana Bread bars. Proti-Thin has wafers that i use for an occasional treat. For lunch, I like the Proti-Diet chicken noodle soup sometimes, and the Spaghettini. Their shakes and puddings are good, too, but I have held off on some of them during the colder months.

Yes, I second that. Lower body weight, different body composition, plus being "off" alcohol for a time all contribute to a different response to drinking. My suggestion? Stay away from it. It is WAY easier than you think, and you will lose more quickly. Most alcoholic beverages are just empty calories with absolutely NO health benefits. When you are phasing off and are ready to indulge, stick with red wine and start with one glass, maybe even half a glass. See how you feel, and make sure you are safe transportation-wise (even have it at home just to be safe). Trust me, I thought this would be the hardest part of IP, but it was a cinch! And this is coming from a stressed put middle school teacher who used to have a bottle on hand at all times and go out to happy hour regularly with co-workers. I still hang out with them; I just stick with unsweet tea and Splenda. It truly is all about the company, not the booze.
    LOL it must be a teacher thing! I figured alcohol would be the hardest part for me and so far it's been fine, I can't believe I'm starting week four tomorrow this has gone by so fast.
  • Quote: Re: Alcohol

I would HIGHLY recommend abstaining or limiting yourself to just one. I had three mixed drinks (vodka and diet) a few weeks ago and blacked out. This would literally not have had an effect on me at all before IP. It was actually kind of scary. Plus that week I lost absolutely nothing.
    I hope you are okay now. They warned us about that happening at the clinic I go to. I don't remember the exact explanation, but something having to do with ketosis and the kidneys/liver not being able to process the alcohol. I had to sign a paper that I was cautioned about the risks of alcohol use while on the protocol.
  • Quote: I'm on day 6 and every day is so different. I appreciate all the advice that I have been reading here. Very helpful and motivating

I'm getting a sore throat (over the last 2 days) and just feeling kind of achy all over. I'm not sure if it's the diet...detoxing...sugar/carb withdrawls...or what. Then I get emotional and feel like crying. My period isn't due...so maybe the diet. Weird! Oh, and I am a bit snacky, too. Not really bad, but I would love to eat a bag of chips or something. :-)

Pauline
    Welcome Pauline. I am going for week 4 WI tomorrow. I went through some of the exact same things you are mentioning during my first week. I felt achy, sore throat and felt like I was getting sick; actually took a day off of work. Also had the emotional stuff - on one of the IP videos I watched they referenced hormones being stored in fat and being released as you burn the fat. Hang in there, I felt much better during week 2. I hope you do as well
  • Hi, everyone; another newbie here. I started IP last Tuesday and have been ... having trouble with the 4 cups of veg per day. I've managed most days, but there were a couple of days that I didn't eat the full amount. Any suggestions? I'm looking forward to trying lisa32989's zucchini muffins, but I need more packets for that.

Also, I see some fellow teachers here ... how do you manage balancing the water input/output thing? I don't have pee breaks except before school, lunch, and after school. :\ The first day on IP was quite a challenge, just for that!
  • OK. Lol. I just need to make sure. Fear of the unknown. lol
    Thanks Ruth Ann