Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #316  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
Hello all,
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have been reading this forum all the while. It has been a big help, esp recipes and seeing others success. I've lost 22 lbs, but I am still hungry all the time! I've been 100% OP since starting. Has anyone else had to deal with hunger this long?
This us a great thread for introductions. You might want to head to the 100% thread to get questions answered. Lots if knowledgeable people hang out there & the community is also in the daily thread.

Simple answer is that Ketosis can reduce hunger but doesn't always. Also we have to deal with behavioral changes. Many of us were used to eating anytime we wanted. Learning true hunger takes time.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This us a great thread for introductions. You might want to head to the 100% thread to get questions answered. Lots if knowledgeable people hang out there & the community is also in the daily thread.

Simple answer is that Ketosis can reduce hunger but doesn't always. Also we have to deal with behavioral changes. Many of us were used to eating anytime we wanted. Learning true hunger takes time.
Thanks, will look at those threads too
Old 05-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 187.8/180.4/155

Default New to Ideal Protein and this site

I started this program on April 28th, and I am so far down 7.4 lbs, and 8.5 inches. I go tomorrow to get weighed and measured. So far I haven't had any issues. I am excited to find different recipes and ideas from everyone
Old 05-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #319  
IP start date May 6, 2014

Height: 5 ft 7

Greetings,
Heather here started ip on 5/6 . 36 and From Wi . Had my first weigh in today. Down 12.2 pounds!
Old 05-17-2014, 02:11 AM   #320  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather54 View Post
Greetings,
Heather here started ip on 5/6 . 36 and From Wi . Had my first weigh in today. Down 12.2 pounds!

Heather - you must have REALLY followed the plan to have that kind of first week.

You're a rock star and you're going to have a super IP voyage!

Old 05-17-2014, 02:16 AM   #321  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymc2308 View Post
I started this program on April 28th, and I am so far down 7.4 lbs, and 8.5 inches. I go tomorrow to get weighed and measured. So far I haven't had any issues. I am excited to find different recipes and ideas from everyone
Welcome, Tracy,

You must be super excited for your progress. That's a lot of inches in a short amount of time.

I see a closet purge in your future!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Hi I'm new here! I started IP yesterday and have been reading all of the wonderful posts on here! I'm excited about my journey and thankful to have found this forum!!
Old 05-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #323  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Hi I'm new here! I started IP yesterday and have been reading all of the wonderful posts on here! I'm excited about my journey and thankful to have found this forum!!
Welcome Kellyc and congrats on getting started! This is the best place for IP support, motivation, ideas, etc. Be sure to ask any questions you have and jump into any thread that interests you - the wonderful people here are super willing to share their experiences and knowledge.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Thank you Ruth Ann!! :-) at the moment I'm making my dinner menu for the week and grocery list. I'm trying to figure out meals that my husband would enjoy as we'll so I don't have to cook separate meals. I figure I can always feed him what I'm eating and throw in extras (bread, potatoes, rice) for him.

Do y'all prefer fresh veggies over frozen? I'm thinking frozen would be cheaper?
Old 05-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #325  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Thank you Ruth Ann!! :-) at the moment I'm making my dinner menu for the week and grocery list. I'm trying to figure out meals that my husband would enjoy as we'll so I don't have to cook separate meals. I figure I can always feed him what I'm eating and throw in extras (bread, potatoes, rice) for him.

Do y'all prefer fresh veggies over frozen? I'm thinking frozen would be cheaper?
I get a mixture.
I buy a lot of frozen cauliflower and some frozen rhubarb (which my grocery recently stopped carrying )

Other than that, I guess I don't eat a lot of veggies that come frozen
We mostly buy spinach (but I'm not usually cooking it), lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, zucchini, more cauliflower (froz for caulimash, fresh for caulirice), celery, mushrooms, cabbage. Some other things we buy less frequently: rutabaga, green beans, asparagus, tomatoes, sprouts, broccoli slaw.

Now that farmer's market season is back, we'll be getting all of our veggies fresh and local. The only exception will be lettuce and spinach. There is a point in the St Louis summer that lettuce and spinach can't handle the local heat.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 221.5

Height: 5'7"

hey --made it to day 4 i'm a vegetarian so dinners seem daunting to me but i will perserver thanks for all the advice and info kathy
Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 161/157/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso58 View Post
Hi Mary,
I'm in Austin too. If you need any advice on where to eat out and remain OP, just let me know. I think your success will convince your husband to give you more support. Good luck with your journey!
Hi calypso58,
Wonderful. My biggest struggle is to come up with something to eat. I am
a terrible cook and don't like to eat what I cook. so looking for places to eat out and still be on IP. Please if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
Oh, speaking of success, I started IP on 5/8, less than 2 weeks ago and have lost almost 10 LBs. So happy but hungry all the time.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt360atx View Post
Hi calypso58,
Wonderful. My biggest struggle is to come up with something to eat. I am
a terrible cook and don't like to eat what I cook. so looking for places to eat out and still be on IP. Please if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
Oh, speaking of success, I started IP on 5/8, less than 2 weeks ago and have lost almost 10 LBs. So happy but hungry all the time.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Eating out A LOT will not be "ideal"... It is very possible to eat out and get
IP friendly foods, but for most meals... I would find it to get very expensive and not provide you the full quality of protein or enough veggies to meet IP.

Many places use chicken/pork products which have been pumped up with sodium and or sugar solutions. Once in awhile is not so much a problem, but not a good idea for the majority of meals.

Also one seldom can get enough veggies, even when asking for double veggies. You could end up paying additional for a third serving but that gets expensive quickly! Also the IP allowed veggies are very limited at most restaurants. And Salads are very often mostly lettuce with few IP veggies.

I suggest cooking for yourself by starting with just a few simple protein items. Get some chicken breast and cook in a crock pot with a little fat free chicken broth. Put a small center cut pork roast in a crock pot. What about grilling steak, burgers, chops, chicken since the weather is getting so nice. Whatever method you try, you can make enough for almost a week of protein. Add some frozen veggies to start then work your way up to roasting fresh ones by tossing in olive oil and salt/pepper and tossing onto a pan.

Baby steps in cooking will REALLY pay off and you will learn a new skill and be much happier on IP in the long run!

You CAN do this!
Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

Is this a diet book? Is it something I can take a look at online? I have lost weight in the past with a modified Atkins-style diet so anything with a protein basis sounds good to me. Any info appreciated!
Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

Okay, I think I got it figured out. Sort of an Atkins meets Medifast diet. Thanks guys sorry for the dumb questions. I see now that I could look in a lot of other places to find the answers.
Closed Thread