Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #196  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
Glad I found this site. I am going to the Ideal Protein seminar on April 14th. Looking forward to going down this path. I have 96 pounds to lose and am ready to take my life back. Look forward to learning from all you Ideal Protein warriors.

Nancy
Hi Walker,

You are going to be so ready to 'hit the ground running'

by April 14th!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #197  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmor1017 View Post
I am on day 42 of the Ideal Protein Diet. The first week was rough but I made it through it and I was doing great. As of last week I was down 21 pounds and a total of 26 inches. It's hard to believe that I have been without sugar & carbs this long. Anyone who knows me knows that I have no will power and I usually can't stick to a diet any longer than a week. SO far this has been the BEST diet for me but this last week has been a struggle. I cheated and I had pecans & some cashews. In my mind I tried to justify it because it's not a sugar or a carbohydrate. Since this cheat the scale hasn't moved and I have had a belly ache. SO NOT WORTH IT!!! I do find it hard to believe that having these nuts would have such a negative impact on my weight-loss. I have about 100lbs to lose so staying motivated at times is a battle! I understand that I am a large person and I'd have to lose alot a weight before anyone notices but it discouraging after 21lbs & 26 inches that NOT one person has noticed. I gotta just keep on plugging along! My motivation has been reading this blog. It's encouraging and very informative! Thank you all for sharing your stories & tips!!
Welcome, J Mor,

You are doing so great....

over a half a pound a day of weight loss.

I am exactly the same:

no will power and usually give up a diet the first week.

I am so shocked at how different I feel and think on IP.

This has been the BEST diet for me also!

I wonder why eating nuts would cause a stomach ache?
Old 04-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 232/228/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPCali View Post
Hi ShannaLSU,

How are you doing today on IP?

~IPCali
Hey there,

OH SO MUCH BETTER! Thank you for asking...sorry I am just seeing this Monday adn Tuesday of last wee I thought I would just die lol Lost 4 lbs in a week so that just motivated me even more!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #199  

S/C/G: first week on IP 264...

Height: 5' 6"

New to IP today, have to say food is great, so looking forward to having more energy, and fitting in my jeans.
I know there will be up and down days, which I why I joined this group, you all sounds so amazing!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb View Post
New to IP today, have to say food is great, so looking forward to having more energy, and fitting in my jeans.
I know there will be up and down days, which I why I joined this group, you all sounds so amazing!
It really works!
Welcome to the group!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #201  

Height: 5'4''

Default nervous but hopeful

I'm brand new, just getting started today. I hit rock bottom. Nothing in my closet fit from the waste down. Even my "fat clothes" are impossibly tight. This has to stop. I'm hoping that IP will be the answer! Very motivated right now and praying the motivation will last.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Having a little *ahem* issue

Almost at one week now and the ketosis flu is over! However, it has been replaced by another issue...one that is uncomfortable to have and to discuss. I cannot understand how all of a sudden I'm not able to go to the bathroom! I am eating the veggies - all kinds of greens - and I'm staying up with the water. I've even resumed my exercise to try to, um, get things moving. Not to mention, now the scale won't show any loss - for obvious reasons.

Suggestions?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 248/224/180

Talking New to Group

Hello all!

I am new to the 3fatchicks groups, and so grateful to find an IP group! I have been doing IP about 2 months and dropped 25 lbs. I hit a rough patch lately with stress that has forced me to decide what I REALLY want (junk food or a healthy body). After hemming and hawwing, I found this site. I am so excited to see how well others have done, and even found a recipe to enhance my cauliflower so happy! I think I have found my second wind!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 248/224/180

Unfortunately your "ahem" issue is quite normal. It does sort itself out eventually (high protein diets are notorious for initially causing constipation or diarreah, or both!). As the diet becomes normal to your body, your bathroom habits get normal again too.

I found Vitamin C tablets helped with the constipation, as well as the obvious WATER WATER WATER. Make sure you're getting all your veggies too, that's your fibre, and fibre = happy colon. If you opt for the Vitamin C, go easy on it as it can push you to other dark side (diarreah). Also, you can take a fibre supplement (my IP coach sells a natural fibre pill) but it was the vitamin C that did the trick
Old 04-08-2014, 01:42 AM   #205  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhende View Post
I'm brand new, just getting started today. I hit rock bottom. Nothing in my closet fit from the waste down. Even my "fat clothes" are impossibly tight. This has to stop. I'm hoping that IP will be the answer! Very motivated right now and praying the motivation will last.
Welcome, CJ..

I started a few weeks ago and my weight was at an all time

high which I felt as a huge 'low'.

You sound ready and you're going to do great!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
Almost at one week now and the ketosis flu is over! However, it has been replaced by another issue...one that is uncomfortable to have and to discuss. I cannot understand how all of a sudden I'm not able to go to the bathroom! I am eating the veggies - all kinds of greens - and I'm staying up with the water. I've even resumed my exercise to try to, um, get things moving. Not to mention, now the scale won't show any loss - for obvious reasons.

Suggestions?
This is VERY common on IP
Make sure you're getting all of your oil, too.
Besides added vitamin c, another thing to try is a Magnesium product called Calm
Old 04-08-2014, 01:53 AM   #207  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipfreely View Post
Hello all!

I am new to the 3fatchicks groups, and so grateful to find an IP group! I have been doing IP about 2 months and dropped 25 lbs. I hit a rough patch lately with stress that has forced me to decide what I REALLY want (junk food or a healthy body). After hemming and hawwing, I found this site. I am so excited to see how well others have done, and even found a recipe to enhance my cauliflower so happy! I think I have found my second wind!
Welcome aboard, IPfreely,

Congrats on your amazing weight loss and

even bigger congrats on finding your second wind after stress hit!

Can't wait to read about your next 25 lb victory!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #208  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post

Suggestions?
To add to the advice you received above - are you getting all your supplements in? The magnesium is really important. Hope things get "going" for you soon - very uncomfortable.

But welcome! This is a great group for motivation, support, ideas and fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipfreely View Post
Hello all!

Glad you got your second wind and congrats on being down 25lbs! Looking forward to seeing you around!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:07 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 301/289/240

Height: 6'3

Default First day

I am both excited and nervous to start this diet today. I know that the first couple of days will suck. But hoping to see great results!!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 198/174/130

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!!

I am on day 26 of IP. I have been lurking on the website and reading several forums for the past few weeks and decided to register this week.

I am excited about being on IP. I started IP on March 15th and I am down 17 pounds total and 13.25 inches total after my wk 3 weigh in yesterday. I was introduced to restricted items yesterday and thus far I am liking the products.
Closed Thread