3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 3/7/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/293543-ip-daily-chat-friday-3-7-2014-a.html)

catlady1981 03-07-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4958801)
Hey CAT -

were you the one whose coach gave a menu and packets that included more than one restricted per day? I know you are not happy with your coach and she gave you "answers" that "explained" a bunch of your concerns, but I don't recall what the response was to multiple restricteds. REALLY curious!!!

JLUS: Her response was that so many of her dieters are eating upwards of 300 or more grams of carbs a day before they start with her and they just can't make it on only one restricted a day, so they need more to get through that first week or they will be too hungry and quit before they even really get started. If she had been listening to me when we talked, she would have heard me tell her that I was seldom eating more than 50 grams a day. At that point she should have realized that I would not be one of those people that had a hard time adjusting. And I didn't. I am on day 9, no carb flu, no headaches, not noticing any less energy, but not noticing a whole lot more either. But she never said anything about the restricteds and how only one a day should be eaten. I learned that here. I've learned so much here. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and showing newbies like me the right way from the wrong way.

I have an appt. with a new coach tomorrow morning. Hoping it goes well. :dizzy:

JLUS 03-07-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4958886)
JLUS: Her response was that so many of her dieters are eating upwards of 300 or more grams of carbs a day before they start with her and they just can't make it on only one restricted a day, so they need more to get through that first week or they will be too hungry and quit before they even really get started. If she had been listening to me when we talked, she would have heard me tell her that I was seldom eating more than 50 grams a day. At that point she should have realized that I would not be one of those people that had a hard time adjusting. And I didn't. I am on day 9, no carb flu, no headaches, not noticing any less energy, but not noticing a whole lot more either. But she never said anything about the restricteds and how only one a day should be eaten. I learned that here. I've learned so much here. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and showing newbies like me the right way from the wrong way.

I have an appt. with a new coach tomorrow morning. Hoping it goes well. :dizzy:

So glad you have a new coach to try...from what I see here, many people have coaches who vary a little here and there in the protocol, but fairly minor differences. Yours (and several others we have heard people talk about) seem out and out NOT IP. Seems to me if she believes her way is better she should NOT call it IP and definitely NOT charge the prices she is. Those alternates you mentioned she is selling in order to keep the price down for clients... Well they can be purchased for $12-$15 a box!

Still hoping you will contact IP corporate as she should not represent herself as an IP coach at all!

Best of luck with your new coach.PLEASE let us know how it goes! You absolutely MUST get money back from the other coach - it's a crime for her to charge you for IP services and foods when you did not get IP! (Maybe you got her version of a diet plan and maybe she coached you, but definitely not in what you thought you were paying for!)

catlady1981 03-07-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4958893)
So glad you have a new coach to try...from what I see here, many people have coaches who vary a little here and there in the protocol, but fairly minor differences. Yours (and several others we have heard people talk about) seem out and out NOT IP. Seems to me if she believes her way is better she should NOT call it IP and definitely NOT charge the prices she is. Those alternates you mentioned she is selling in order to keep the price down for clients... Well they can be purchased for $12-$15 a box!

Still hoping you will contact IP corporate as she should not represent herself as an IP coach at all!

Best of luck with your new coach.PLEASE let us know how it goes! You absolutely MUST get money back from the other coach - it's a crime for her to charge you for IP services and foods when you did not get IP! (Maybe you got her version of a diet plan and maybe she coached you, but definitely not in what you thought you were paying for!)

As soon as I find a new home, I will contact corporate about her. Handing out 2 year old protocol sheets, using alternate products, multiple restricteds in a day are all in violation of IP protocol. My friend in Idaho told her coach what was happening to me and her coach was outraged and wanted to report my clinic herself. That coach is sending me the daily videos as a favor to my friend. She has also encouraged me to report this clinic. I need to make sure I have a new coach/clinic before I do that so I don't get kicked to the curb! I'll keep ya'll informed.

JLUS 03-07-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4958894)
As soon as I find a new home, I will contact corporate about her. Handing out 2 year old protocol sheets, using alternate products, multiple restricteds in a day are all in violation of IP protocol. My friend in Idaho told her coach what was happening to me and her coach was outraged and wanted to report my clinic herself. That coach is sending me the daily videos as a favor to my friend. She has also encouraged me to report this clinic. I need to make sure I have a new coach/clinic before I do that so I don't get kicked to the curb! I'll keep ya'll informed.

Way to GO! We all definitely want you to find a new home AND hang here with us. Let us know how your new appt goes and then keep us posted about what response you get from corporate!

Sorry you had to go through thus but really glad you found us here to help you out.

vachinyc 03-07-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4958646)
Went for WI at lunch. After a week of up .5 and nothing I dropped 2.5 today and have continued to lose inches. Start P3 tomorrow!:cp::cp:

WooHoo! That's awesome.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kontesanera (Post 4958637)
So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right!

Great job! Almost 4 a week...wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4958798)
I am not posting much these days as I am in Florida (OK) Disneyworld with my husband on business. This is day 3 and I am still 100 pc OP. VERY challenging as the evening meal is always provided by the host -unlimited buffet for about 3hours! But I will not use that as an excuse. I like the week of wearing a size 14 more than any food they have!

Such a great attitude. You can do it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4958865)
I always go grocery shopping Friday after work since my diet week starts on Saturday. Today it took forever because I was reading labels so closely. This is going to take some learning!

Totally hear ya on that. I've been really only alternating two or three breakfasts. Though I expect I will expand...one day. It made shopping and preparing easier. I did buy the (phase3) meal replacement shake at the clinic to have just in case I needed something quick and portable. Haven't used them yet Bcz I'm enjoying the new variety.

Weigh in tomorrow morning...even after all this time, I'm always a little nervous/excited :)

TGIF!

mars735 03-08-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4958893)

Yes!

drd1961 03-08-2014 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4958929)
WooHoo! That's awesome.!

Great job! Almost 4 a week...wow!

Such a great attitude. You can do it!

Totally hear ya on that. I've been really only alternating two or three breakfasts. Though I expect I will expand...one day. It made shopping and preparing easier. I did buy the (phase3) meal replacement shake at the clinic to have just in case I needed something quick and portable. Haven't used them yet Bcz I'm enjoying the new variety.

Weigh in tomorrow morning...even after all this time, I'm always a little nervous/excited :)

TGIF!

I bought the replacement too just in case. Especially since I am traveling in a week and a half.