Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Nolasmurf, glad that you are back on track. Hope the stress gets better soon.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Emotional or just mental attitude (such as making excuses for cheats). It is GREAT for helping to explore relationship with food.

I missed the pics...don't see them. Are they the ones on your profile?
My scale jumps around, too. I'm hoping that changing the focus to more cognitive work will cause a breakthru!

Congrats on day 8! Check the stickies above for a PDF of the food journal sheets

I posted the reboot info for you in yesterday's chat, a little later. From what I read, it's a full phase off for 8-10 weeks.

BDS isn't available on Kindle so I bought the audio book (perfect for my long commutes) and also nearly perfect used copies of the paperback and the workbook
Hey Lisa. When you say full phase off, are you referring to two full weeks on phase 3? The reason I ask is that my so called clinic said that they require two weeks of phase 2 then two weeks of phase 3. However, in the past, I have seen people say they skip phase 2 and go to phase 3. Do you know the official protocol or can i get your expert opinion? When I met goal in 2012, I did phase 2 for two weeks and then phase 3 for 10 days and when I did my 18 day reboot in September, I skipped phase 2 and went immediately to phase 3 and it was fine although I gained a couple of lbs BUT in all fairness, I really didn't follow phase 3 to a T like I should have.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hey Lisa. When you say full phase off, are you referring to two full weeks on phase 3? The reason I ask is that my so called clinic said that they require two weeks of phase 2 then two weeks of phase 3. However, in the past, I have seen people say they skip phase 2 and go to phase 3. Do you know the official protocol or can i get your expert opinion? When I met goal in 2012, I did phase 2 for two weeks and then phase 3 for 10 days and when I did my 18 day reboot in September, I skipped phase 2 and went immediately to phase 3 and it was fine although I gained a couple of lbs BUT in all fairness, I really didn't follow phase 3 to a T like I should have.
My coach wants me to do two weeks of Phase 2 and 2 full weeks of 3. I just started Phase 3.She says its setting up the pancreas so maintenance is successful. And you are waking up the pancreas while going through the phases. She really emphasized the importance of phasing off correctly to get the best results. I hope this helps you.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #49  

thanks hawaii. definitely too late now I suppose since i had a phase 3 bfast. I did a phase 2 to phase 3 transition when i met goal in 2012 but i hated phase 3. way too much protien and i could have sworn that it was going by the wayside. i know there is a lot of coaches who modify things to their preference. that being said, i just hope i didn't really mess anything up.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #50  

ooops hated phase 2 i mean
Old 03-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #51  

Eandc
You asked what I think
Don't shortchange yourself. Take the phase off slow or you'll be right back again with another gain.
Yo yoing is bad for us and it is demoralizing.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #52  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Nolasmurf, glad that you are back on track. Hope the stress gets better soon.
Thanks! Relationship stress is so hard. Especially when the other partner is listening to advice from toxic ppl thinking they are his friends.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #53  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

ShrinkingSusie, your pics show awesome progress! Way to go! You have so much to be proud of. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
I posted the reboot info for you in yesterday's chat, a little later. From what I read, it's a full phase off for 8-10 weeks.

BDS isn't available on Kindle so I bought the audio book (perfect for my long commutes) and also nearly perfect used copies of the paperback and the workbook
Thanks, Lisa! I will go back to yesterday's chat post. And I will look online for the book. I may consider an audiobook; I do have at least 35 minutes each way to and from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
hey all. So I need to get a confession off my chest. 2/10 to 3/4 I wasn't on plan. I gained 3ish lbs. There was a lot of stress going on in my house, still is but we're working on it, Mardi Gras was happening etc. NO excuses tho right. I'm back 100% as of yesterday. I'm feeling okay, hoping I don't get the Carb flu again but I probably will. Just gonna chalk that up as punishment for derailing.
Glad to hear things are getting back on track for you. You can do this!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #54  

5 Signs You'll Reach Your Weight Loss Goal Read
This came from Calorie Count Blog today. I saw it on another forum and thought I would share:.

1. You Have Patience
Many people feel discouraged when they hit a plateau or the pounds don’t come off fast enough. They then give up too quickly. Permanent weight loss takes time. When you feel defeated re-evaluate your nutrition and exercise plan, and have patience. The longer it takes to release weight, the more time you have to change old ways of thinking that contributed to gaining weight in the first place. Patience helps you do that. You not only lose weight responsibly, you become a more confident person in the process.

2. You Persevere Through Set-backs
As you develop new lifestyle habits, you may falter sometimes. We all do. It doesn’t matter that you slip; what matters is what you do about it. Use set-backs as a valuable opportunity to strengthen your strong side. For example, if you missed exercising for several weeks, tell yourself with no judgment, “Tomorrow is a new day to keep moving forward.” Each time you persevere, you develop confidence. You weaken that taunting inner voice that says, “See, you can’t do this.” Perseverance responds, “Yes, I can”.

3. You Accept Your Body
Accepting your body doesn’t mean you tolerate being overweight. It means you honor your body as it is, while helping it become the best it can be. If it’s a big leap right now to “love” or even “like” your body, that’s OK. What’s important is to respect it. That means speaking to your body with kind words. It means giving it nutritious foods and movement so it thrives. You’ll reach your weight loss goals when you stop rebelling against your body. As you accept your body as the treasured gift it is, taking good care of it becomes your only option.
4. You Focus on Your Goal
Focus on where you’re headed instead of obsessing about where you are. You can’t move forward if your mind dwells on self-critical thoughts about being overweight. What we focus our attention on grows. Shift negative attention away from your current weight and concentrate on the positive lifestyle changes you’re making. This inspires you to succeed. When your desire to look forward overshadows the tendency to complain about where you are, you’ll reach your goal more easily.

5. You Make Yourself a Priority
To achieve weight loss success, your well-being must be of prime importance. This means setting boundaries. For example, if you plan to exercise after work and your friend asks to go shopping, what do you do? Do you skip exercise or do you skip shopping? If breaking promises to yourself becomes a pattern, you’re either not committed to your goals or you make other people’s needs more important than your own. When you make yourself a priority, however, you’ll not only reach your weight loss goal, your success will last forever.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #55  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:

Okay, I went back and found it. Wow, you were a night owl! Thanks! The full phase off it is!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #56  

Funny you posted that from Calorie Count.
I found this one on their website after getting their daily mail & was going to post earlier but I got sidetracked at work.

I thought it was very appropriate (note: a fun day in maintenance is NOT cheating)

Reasons to stop cheating

I sometimes hear people say they eat a healthy diet most every day and then designate a “cheat” day to eat foods they normally avoid. If this applies to you, I really want you to reconsider this practice.

Why? Cheating suggests dishonesty and getting away with something you know is wrong. Losing weight permanently requires a consistent lifestyle change. It’s not a trial you’re enduring with cheat days to get you through. When you get rid of the “cheating” label, you free yourself from judgmental thinking that only sabotages you.

Create Balance with Treats (not Cheats)

As you intend to lose weight, you don’t need to cheat at anything because a healthy, balanced lifestyle allows for occasional sweets, French fries or pasta if that’s what you want. If you choose to eat a piece of cake—or whatever food you desire—simply give yourself permission to do so as if it’s no big deal. Eating what you want mindfully and in moderation—any day of the week— keeps everything in balance.

Watch Your Words

Your words are powerful and define your actions. Cheating means to reward yourself for being dishonest. By designating a cheat day, you give those foods unhealthy power over you because you’re labeling them as wrong. This adds unnecessary guilt or shame. Even if you don’t feel this way on a conscious level, using the word cheat nevertheless erodes your integrity for empowered change.

Think about it…

Would you take a cheat day from wearing your seatbelt?
Would you take a cheat day from brushing your teeth?

Would you take a cheat day from taking your vitamins?

My point is that using the word “cheat”—and telling yourself your lifestyle change is something you need to take a break from—goes against everything you’re creating: healthy habits for not only losing weight but for life-long optimal physical and emotional well-being.

Normalize Special Occasions

You do have a life and there may be occasions that involve foods you especially enjoy and look forward to eating. For example, Aunt Sally’s white chocolate coconut cake at Easter or the Friday night pizza special at your favorite Italian restaurant. If you want these foods, eat them… and enjoy them. Instead of thinking you’re cheating, view them as special holiday treats you eat only occasionally or favorite restaurant dishes you order from time to time. Eating healthfully doesn’t mean you’re cheating when you eat the cake or pizza. The thing is to normalize these foods so they have a place in your nutritional plan while not feeling obsessed by them.

Regain your Power over Food

Along with the notion of cheat days comes the question of whether it’s best to avoid certain foods altogether. If certain foods trigger binge eating episodes, perhaps you need to make a decision to stop eating them. I know that may feel hard—or impossible—to do, but when certain foods hold that much power over you, you regain your own power by letting them go.

If your relationship with food feels addictive, you may have a hard time eating certain foods in moderation—and having a cheat day may make you continue to obsess about that food. Just as it’s best for someone trying to stop smoking not to have a cheat day to smoke a cigarette, or an alcoholic not to have a cheat day with a glass of wine, it’s in your best interest to avoid eating the trigger foods you know will set you up for out-of-control eating. To learn more, read Need to Break up with Your Trigger Foods?

Give Yourself a Real Reward

While a balanced life has room for occasional treats, consider giving yourself a reward that makes you feel great instead. Getting a massage, taking a walk in a place you love, or buying a luscious skin-care product usually feels better in the long run than risking an episode of overeating, or just feeling guilty or lousy after eating food that’s not healthy for you.

You’re doing your best to be healthy, feel good and enjoy your life. Why would you want to cheat on that?

Your thoughts?

Will you end the cheat days?

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-06-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #57  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Does anyone else still enjoy cooking/baking, even if they are not eatting it? I know this might sound weird to some but, I really enjoy baking and it's funny but, baking for others is just as good to me as actually eatting what I'm baking. Prior to getting pregnant two years ago my husband and I followed Adkins for two years, I baked then. For the past two years when I was pregnant and nursing I didn't bake much, I didn't have the time. Pattern there?
Some might look at it as being a chance to undermind my dieting however; I find it is just the opposite. I have found fabulous pins on Pinterst, I post on food.com what I've tried. I love finding new recipes and trying them on people. I'm just wondering if anyone else out there still bakes or even cook though though they don't partake. I think it is the foodie in me that still enjoys being involved with food.

Love to hear if there are others!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Love it, Lisa. All of it. So important to me. This is my biggest fear. When I first started IP back in September, my fear was my desire running out and I just give up. Now, it's stopping P1 and going back to 'real food' where I have to make actual decisions. My problem before was that I let everyday be a special occasion. Then I 'started over' the next day. Seriously, I fear maintenance and the decisions I have to make everyday, multiple times a day.

Last edited by ems70508; 03-06-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #59  

Quote:
Eandc
You asked what I think
Don't shortchange yourself. Take the phase off slow or you'll be right back again with another gain.
Yo yoing is bad for us and it is demoralizing.
You are sooo right about the demoralizing aspect. I just thought that IP did away with phase 3 and read about people all the time going from phase 1 to phase 3. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Would you move forward with phase 3 and just stay with that a little longer...maybe three weeks rather than two or should I go back and do phase 2. As you know my clinic (old clinic) sucks and I can't seem to get a straight answer from them. 3FC support is better and I really do trust most of the people here for accurate info compared to them
Old 03-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

ShrinkingSusie your results are amazing. Way to go!! Thanks for the inspiration

Lisa, thanks for posting the info about cheating. I am going to print it out. I always thought of dieting as something that mainly involved my stomach, but it so much more involves the mind/food relationship.
Closed Thread