IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • I feel somewhat down today. On my 1st WI I lost 5 lbs, then 2 lbs 2nd WI. The third WI I gained I lb . My coach is very very disappointed. She kept asking me if I really want to do this. She said okay I will put you on the burst diet. ...
  • Quote: I feel somewhat down today. On my 1st WI I lost 5 lbs, then 2 lbs 2nd WI. The third WI I gained I lb . My coach is very very disappointed. She kept asking me if I really want to do this. She said okay I will put you on the burst diet. ...
    Ok I do not have a coach BUT I do not think that the job of a "coach" is to shame you or make you second guess if you want to do IP! For the $$$ they charge they should go over what you have done during that week and help find where you went wrong and help you through it NOT "demote" you . they work for you. Maybe someone else can chime in here too!
  • Quote: I feel somewhat down today. On my 1st WI I lost 5 lbs, then 2 lbs 2nd WI. The third WI I gained I lb . My coach is very very disappointed. She kept asking me if I really want to do this. She said okay I will put you on the burst diet. ...
    Panya - I'm so sorry you are down today. You've lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks which is a good loss!

As to why you gained a pound - did your coach go over your food diary with you to see if something could be awry? Did your measurements change any? Are you close to your TOM? Have a cold? Have a higher than usual sodium day? There are so many reasons the scale could go up a pound. Remember, the scale isn't the only measure of success.

As far as your coach being disappointed - it's the coach's job to help you track down what, if anything, is wrong. It's not the coach's job to belittle you - remember, you are paying for this program and it's expensive. I have no idea what the "burst diet" is (first I've heard that term and I've been on IP for more than 10 months).

Hang in there - sometimes it's just your body adjusting. And don't let the silly coach make you feel bad, that's just wrong.
    She should have checked with you if you were having regular bowel movements, drinking all your water, taking a close look at your food diary with you, is it TOM, was there extra salt somewhere in your diet, this coach needs work... BTW, what the heck is a burst diet?!

Hang in there, you are doing this for YOU and it's a long term project...so keep it up and you will see results. Heck you already are, 6 lbs down in 3 weeks - sounds like normal healthy weight loss to me...

Liana
    I'd ask her if she is SURE she wants to be a coach... She certainly isn't acting like one and won't have clients for long if that is her approach!