Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

have been stuck in bed since saturday night. not sure if it's the flu, but i feel super crappy.
have been completely off plan, mainly due to the fact that i don't feel like eating, and when i do eat something, it doesn't sit well.
starting to feel a little better, so i'm making myself some plain toast to see if it stays down.
hopefully i'll be back on track by tomorrow or wednesday.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Hey - I'm not sure if I should post this here - but I'm new so bear with me

Today was my week 3 WI. I lost 3 pounds. The first week I lost 9, the second 4.8, I was really hoping for a bigger number than 3, but I'm happy that I did loose 3. If that all makes sense. I'm really just living for the day I don't have to be on IP anymore. I have a long road ahead of me. I have 35 pounds before I reach my 1st goal of 150, but I'd really like to get to 130. Any encouragement or thoughts on how long I will be on it? How to maximize weight loss?
WHOA THERE... In three weeks you lost 17 pounds... That is more than 5 pounds per week average!!! What other diet have been on with those results?

After the first week of water loss most people settle into an average if 1.5-2 lbs per week with some larger whoooshes as well as some zero loss weeks (tho in those weeks many often lose inches not fat!)

Many, many things play into losses as you will read here over and over (and DO read everything you can on here and you will learn so much!)

You have had AMAZING results, so start doing your HAPPY DANCE.
And KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

Last edited by JLUS; 03-03-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Thank you for your suggestions. I too am not really a huge fan of the bars...they are mediocre at best to me. I much prefer the chips or drinks to the bars. I accidently ordered the health smart apple/cinnamon oatmeal and not the cereal darn it. Have your tried this?
OKay so I just called Nashua and they were able to change my order before shipping it out. Big props for their customer service. I am also ordered the WLS pretzels that were recommended. Thanks all.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #64  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

End of week two official weigh in, I lost 3.4lbs this week for a total of 12.2lbs of which 9.6 has been fat. Calculated that there are 12 more weeks between now and summer at an average of 3.4lbs per week I will see under 200 by June... that is HUGE I can hardly weight since it's not that long.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #65  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

It's been a bumpy road, and at very least I can say I haven't gained it all back!

I had gotten a good week in and lost 4 pounds when I hurt my back and gave into the pain. I really don't handle pain well at all and in gained 5 pounds. Got myself to the place where my head and heart had a pow wow and back on plan even with this pain and this week lost the same 5 pounds I had just gained.

All I can say for anyone thinking they want a break, be very careful as I have seen some be able to do it with what looked like ease. I on the other hand am having a very hard time getting back and staying back. (I have honestly started mimicking my brothers NA mantra about taking it one day at a time and if that is too hard to take it one minute at a time.) So think hard about your mind set, you all know yourselves the best, and do what is best. Oh why I mentioned this, the hair loss thing! I didn't start losing any hair until 3 weeks after I had stopped in August to try to get my cholesterol number under my works screening limits for our health insurance. So go figure about hair loss, It isn't the same for everyone and yet it is our bodies way of dealing with the stress that comes with weight changes.

I hope everyone is excellent to themselves today
Old 03-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #66  

Schenectady - Congratulations!!!! x a million more - can't wait until I join you there.

Had a rough weekend, cravings were bad, not sure wise, but was able to get into 2 pairs of pants I could not get into two wks ago and have three others hopefully will be in soon.

Lisa you are inspirational!!!!!!!!!!! You are so positive. Just want to lose and feel better.

Everyone have a great week
Old 03-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #67  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
... I am pretty sure I have hit a plateau... I have been gaining and losing the same three lbs for over a month now even though I am completely OP (I find weekends I have a hard time getting all my water in).

Frustrating, but I'm just going to keep plugging away. Maybe I will tKe a break from the scale and pay more attention to the measuring tape.
Sorry Susie. I know it must be frustrating. We're with you. Hoping the measuring tape approach helps. You're doing so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
...but for those who have been supporting me in the ups and downs since August.....

ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONDERLAND!!

Can't tell I am excited, can you? I am now at 97 lost since the height, 71 on Ideal Protein, and in Onderland for the first time since I was dating my husband.

My body decided to be mean and I sat at 200.00 for over 6 days, having played at 200-201 for two weeks. So I earned this sweet baby because I was 100% OP AND PATIENT (see, Lisa, I have learned from you).
SO AWESOME! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats. Happy dance!

We had (another) snow day today so a work from home day for me. I wish snow days were really snow days. Darn technology!

I branched out and made a pork loin roast with veggies in the crock pot today. For tonight and tomorrow. It was the first time that when eating alone, I've cooked more than I can have in one sitting. In the beginning I didn't trust myself because every other diet has left me so hungry I didn't properly portion. Finally, felt ready (and found the dusty crock pot and bought the ingredients) 8 oz is really a lot!

IP POWER to you all!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #68  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Ok, I had to Google PSMF to see exactly what that meant. Not sure I read the most qualified links but what I did see makes me have some questions. I will be phasing off at week 8 for a trip (I am still back & forth on whether or not I can stay P2 but my coach wants me to phase off). To not mess up the glycogen reset, should the phase off be for a full 2 weeks and then back to P1?

The info I read had some differing thoughts about how one cheat day or meal does more bad than good and that a full two-week break is needed. At least I *think* that's what I was understanding. Had a kid home for another snow day & Spongebob was going pretty loud next to me LOL!!

Any thoughts from the IP pros on this? Thx!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
I've been thinking about this, too. I have read a lot about PSMF diets (I have a lot of time on my hands these days..) and have come to the same line of thinking. I would much rather "power through" but I'm considering going until May, phasing off for a month or two and trying maintenance, and getting back to it.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #69  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siestalady View Post
Hello,
I am very excited about this group and the support opportunities. Have been IP for 4 months and have lost 50 lbs. still going but now I have rediscovered the gym and enjoying working out again. But the flab? Omg! Need to get rid of it. Only downside to rapid weight loss.
Welcome and great job Siestalady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNatural View Post
Good afternoon

I'm starting the week off right. Following the protocol and I will not cheat!
Great attitude GoneNatural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I was still starved after lunch, waited an hour had my restricted- that me me want something sweet more SO I made a cup of Chinese oolong tea with abt 1/2 tsp of cinnamon in it and the cravings are gone!!! I forgot I had the oolong tea and have had 1-2 cups per day and loving it!

so this is a small victory for me- not caving into my sweet tooth!
Big victory SarahBell. I think they all are... Given that we are changing how we think and act when those old behaviors have been ingrained so long. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdlturtle View Post
Had a rough weekend, cravings were bad, not sure wise, but was able to get into 2 pairs of pants I could not get into two wks ago and have three others hopefully will be in soon.
Awesome NSV ssdlturtle! Have you tried...more water, herbal teas, a dill pickle or even a scrambled egg white or two for cravings? Though it may not be what you were craving, one of those might help divert your attention. Some people also go brush their teeth and/or chew gum.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Susie, I understand your frustration with your slowdown. I was so annoyed by mine. I did decide to stay off the scale during the week. I switched my restricted to breakfast and added more water. After 4 weeks, it broke through. :hugs: Hope it ends soon for you. Just keep doing all the successful things you have been and have faith that it is working.

Vachinyc- I make an easy pork loin. Baste pork with Dijon mustard, place in oven dish, add one packet of WF maple syrup over the top so that it surrounds it. Top with herbs of choice, I add herbs Provence and dried shallots. Cook for 1 hour. 2 nights of dinner, so easy. Thank you for being so supportive to everyone on the thread. Stay warm.

Ssdturtle, sorry that the cravings are tough. Some weeks are definitely harder than others. Stay strong.

Wildirishrose- I think your losses are fantastic. Jlus, is right, things slow down, Even when you are 100%

Amber, glad that you are having success. Just want to caution you about weight timelines. Sometimes, the body does not understand averages, lol. I found it easier to focus on 10 pound increments.

Tinespeens, hope you feel better soon.

Mntrose, glad that you are back on track. Hope your back pain is gone for good.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #71  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Hey - I'm not sure if I should post this here - but I'm new so bear with me

Today was my week 3 WI. I lost 3 pounds. The first week I lost 9, the second 4.8, I was really hoping for a bigger number than 3, but I'm happy that I did loose 3. If that all makes sense. I'm really just living for the day I don't have to be on IP anymore. I have a long road ahead of me. I have 35 pounds before I reach my 1st goal of 150, but I'd really like to get to 130. Any encouragement or thoughts on how long I will be on it? How to maximize weight loss?
Hi Wildirishrose - welcome; so happy to have you join up with us fellow IP'ers. You have had amazing success so far, it's hard not to get used to the higher losses. Please don't fret, you are making tremendous strides and you should be proud. Remember, even the smaller losses eventually add up to something AND, it's way better than the alternative. Take deep breaths and follow the plan and you will be pleasantly satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNatural View Post
Good afternoon

I'm starting the week off right. Following the protocol and I will not cheat!

Hi GoneNatural - that's positive thinking at it's best, you CAN do this! We're all here rooting for you and if you need support, just turn to the boards. I'll make the pact with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I was still starved after lunch, waited an hour had my restricted- that me me want something sweet more SO I made a cup of Chinese oolong tea with abt 1/2 tsp of cinnamon in it and the cravings are gone!!! I forgot I had the oolong tea and have had 1-2 cups per day and loving it!

so this is a small victory for me- not caving into my sweet tooth!
Hey SaraBell - AWESOME NSV; KUDOS!!!! I'm going to go out tomorrow and get some oolong tea (what flavor is Oolong?). I've been drinking decaf green tea but an alternative would be nice. That was such a great and guilt-free vice to turn to; smart of you too. I've had to recently stop eating the bars (my experiment for the week) since they increased my cravings by 100%. I'm just finishing up day 5 minus any restricteds and the cravings have surprisingly subsided. I was only going to try this for a week but, I may possibly go for another week and see how I feel.

Thanks for sharing your NSV and how you kicked the cravings to the curb!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Hi Wildirishrose - welcome; so happy to have you join up with us fellow IP'ers. You have had amazing success so far, it's hard not to get used to the higher losses. Please don't fret, you are making tremendous strides and you should be proud. Remember, even the smaller losses eventually add up to something AND, it's way better than the alternative. Take deep breaths and follow the plan and you will be pleasantly satisfied.

Hi GoneNatural - that's positive thinking at it's best, you CAN do this! We're all here rooting for you and if you need support, just turn to the boards. I'll make the pact with you!

Hey SaraBell - AWESOME NSV; KUDOS!!!! I'm going to go out tomorrow and get some oolong tea (what flavor is Oolong?). I've been drinking decaf green tea but an alternative would be nice. That was such a great and guilt-free vice to turn to; smart of you too. I've had to recently stop eating the bars (my experiment for the week) since they increased my cravings by 100%. I'm just finishing up day 5 minus any restricteds and the cravings have surprisingly subsided. I was only going to try this for a week but, I may possibly go for another week and see how I feel.

Thanks for sharing your NSV and how you kicked the cravings to the curb!
Oolong tea has it's own flavor and antioxidents and it can help detox you a bit (it is super yummy) add cinnamon and you are good to go!

I am making a cup now and this will be my last treat for the day. I may sans the restricted for a week or two (maybe eat the soy nuts not sweet ones) and see how I react!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #73  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
It's been a bumpy road, and at very least I can say I haven't gained it all back

All I can say for anyone thinking they want a break, be very careful as I have seen some be able to do it with what looked like ease. I on the other hand am having a very hard time getting back and staying back.

I hope everyone is excellent to themselves today
I was one of those people that went off for a couple of short breaks, and then got back on track right away. And then the last planned break I went on, when I was going to a fitness resort, ended up being more extended than I originally thought when my trip was over. Anyway, I have told of this elsewhere and won't repeat my story but to say going off track can be a slippery slope indeed, especially if you are fueled by the confidence that you had done it before. Let me tell you, don't do it!! I was "lucky" that I stopped my downward trend and got back on board before too much damage was done. The best thing that came out of it was that I learned so much from that mistake.
Closed Thread