Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #61  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Do you remember at the holidays, my Aunt went on and on about my losing the 1/4 inch of fat from my forehead?
No way!!!! Did this really happen? Mind blown.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So, I have to vent.... I went to see my grandparents (and parents) for the first time since I was home for my best friends wedding, over a month ago... I've not changed THAT drastically since then, but NOW they are making a huge deal about it... Im fine with my Grandma making comments, because she has been my support since the start, and has always been there for me... BUT when my grandpa starts making comments about my weight, good OR bad, I get super uncomfortable, because that entire side of my family is obese, and so when I was at my biggest weight, he would stare at me when I ate, and would make snide remarks about not having seconds or eating dessert, and about how I would be better off if I lost weight now rather than later, etc etc, so I have ALWAYS been self conscious around my family, because even though they are hypocrites, because they are obese themselves, they are the ones who I care most about, and so their comments hurt the most... SO, I didn't even want to be in the same room at my grandpa and uncle, because my grandma wouldnt stop RAVING about how different I look, and that sparked Gpa's comments, and he is getting old, and cant word things in a way doesnt make me uncomfortable, so tonight he grabbed my arm after I hugged him goodbye, and said something to the terms of "Once you get down to 150, 160 max, you'll feel so much better about not having so much baggage, and not carrying a brick around back there" (referring to my derriere)... I don't even want to go back to my grandparents house because I feel so uncomfortable about them discussing how I look, mostly because they compare me to what I looked like, and make it sound like I was huge, and ugly (obviously not in those words, but it feels like it)....
I guess I've still not come to terms with how large I actually was, and I'm not comfortable talking about my body yet... Strange how its easier to talk to a complete stranger about how much weight I lost, but I can't even talk to my own dad about how I feel... Mostly because, unknowingly, because of one of his comments, thats the whole reason I decided I was serious about losing weight and keeping it off... He commented that he didnt want to lose me (because I almost died a year ago, due to complications from Pancreatitis and Gallstones, caused mostly by my poor diet), and also if I ever wanted to think about getting married, if I wanted a guy to find me attractive, I needed to lose weight... I understand the one about my health, the other one stung, a lot... and so I cant bear to talk to him about the fact that I have lost this much weight, and still continue to do so....

Sorry this is so long... It's just something that has been weighing on my chest, and I don't want it so show up on the scale (Haha, Just Kidding)

It is hard when other people say thing, but just remember you are doing this for you to feel better and have better health. Try and not let it bother you, which is easier said then done. Remember people from different generations have different ideas- they just want you to be happy even when making those comments. Stay strong and 100% IP
Old 03-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #63  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Deana - WOW, you look AWESOME young lady! It's been awhile since I was on the forum and I remember when you first joined, YOU GO GIRL!!!

Lots of great advice from everyone in regards to how family can either help or impede our progress. One thing is for sure, the onus is on ourselves. It's hard but try not to internalize these comments and rather, can you ask your family to stop with these remarks as they are hurtful?! Communication is everything / every day is key. Perhaps they think they are helping you. Especially when it comes to male figures, poor word choice is often the case... Stay strong and try your best to have a conversation with them the next time otherwise, they will continue to do this and you will continue to be disappointed. Old school thinking is hard to change but at least you can try and nip it in the bud and say "hey, these comments hurt, please stop, et., al.."

YOU are quite the inspiration - I'm going to check out your blog. Thank you so much for always sharing your journey with us. It's fun to live, learn and grow with the 3FC IP Crew!

Last edited by KareVT; 03-02-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Good morning all!
I am home for spring break, and started it all off right when my sister woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed! Very sweet of her! The coffee is my favorite part ;p
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
Deana you are looking fantastic! Keep up the hard work. To be so young and dedicated to your health is wonderful.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #65  
Started IP 2/23/14

S/C/G: 242/231/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I feel like my posts are mostly ignored lately. Probably just me, but it feels weird. I asked earlier up the thread if someone could tell me how to post a picture on here, or for any tips on posting a picture. I don't want to do it wrong, or have it show up too big. Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to do that?
I think it is very easy to feel that way on such huge thread. People tend to respond to people they "know".

Maybe post your question separately, so it will stand out?
Old 03-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
So, I have to vent.... I went to see my grandparents (and parents) for the first time since I was home for my best friends wedding, over a month ago... I've not changed THAT drastically since then, but NOW they are making a huge deal about it... Im fine with my Grandma making comments, because she has been my support since the start, and has always been there for me... BUT when my grandpa starts making comments about my weight, good OR bad, I get super uncomfortable....

I guess I've still not come to terms with how large I actually was, and I'm not comfortable talking about my body yet... Strange how its easier to talk to a complete stranger about how much weight I lost, but I can't even talk to my own dad about how I feel...

the fact that I have lost this much weight, and still continue to do so....

Sorry this is so long... It's just something that has been weighing on my chest, and I don't want it so show up on the scale (Haha, Just Kidding)
Deanna--- first of all You are an amazing young woman who has made an incredible positive change to your life. Those TWO things ...with out getting in the weeds any more than that... can incite jealousy!!
(Being young and making positive change!)

Sooo..do not let anyone else try to bring your success to a level playing field with what ever is going on in their world!!

Somersault .... ALL THE way to the finish line girlfriend!!!!

Now that being said...another poster referred to the body image and acceptance thing most of us deal with. That is called body dysmorphia. This is actually a fear, preoccupation or inability to see reality in one's own body, either overall or a preoccupation focused on a particular feature.

From personal experience and lots of reading, my take is this thing works both ways for those with a weight /body dysmorphia...for both the obese as well as the POWs (Previously Over Weight):

1)Not acknowledging our largess...and then when we do lose...
2)Not being comfortable with the change...as well as the change it invokes in others.

The way you feel...
Take the not accepting or being totally aware with how big you were, and make that a real positive...if you are EVER comfortable with that again...you are be headed for trouble. Be grateful the thought and pictures of the past make you cringe. That is NOT AT ALL BAD!!! Make it work for you...forever. You own it...so USE IT to your advantage!

Now moving on...

The way others make you feel.

There are lots of discussions about this. The only thing that matters is how you feel. End of story. Not anyone else. And that goes for now and tomorrow. I advocate not discussing your weight loss with 99% of people in your life...and that includes family sometimes ...sadly... most of the time. Strangers CAN be more understanding, less hurtful......(or the anonymity makes it easier for you to be honest..) You know their ways (family) better than anyone...so decision making on who to bring on the ride early on is better...but if you change your mind...remember...this is your journey. Not anyone else's. Open the door and throw them out of the car... (gently of course in some cases)...If it's a stranger they deserve a brush-burn as you move away....

It is time to start to shut these convos down when they start...or now that you have some tangible situations to refer to...it may work to do it in a non threatening way at a time you are in control. Sure, it can be done when you are vulnerable...but perhaps in this case, better if you feel in control.

You need to say something like..."You know...My weight loss seems to have some people preoccupied .... (Yep...they have body dysmorphia about you...go figure!!!)...I just want to say these discussions have me extremely uncomfortable and I have decided not to discuss it with anyone any more...so please don't be offended if when you mention it...I am going to change the subject. Love you to death...but this is a painful and difficult journey...and it is very personal. So I'm not going to stay in the room or participate in any more convos that make me uncomfortable. If you love me...you will let this go....and just be happy for me."

Even though they are older...they should get this. They obviously love you a lot from your previous posts. You could do this with your Gram alone even......and ask her to handle Gramps .... maybe....???

As for others...no one has the right to make you feel bad or uncomfortable. That is rude, esp if you state they are making you uncomfortable...Change the subject after telling them the topic makes you uncomfortable, and you are no longer sharing your journey. Don't go into an explanation...1 or 2 short sentences should do it nicely. Remember, you are NOT BEING THE RUDE ONE.... Keep your voice soft...and don't smile too much when you say it. Have something ready to talk about at all social events. A backup general topic, simmering on the back burner...always be ready to switch to that other "thing". Weather, sports, local town/church event or the gorgeous table setting, flowers, yard furniture or new car someone ELSE just got!

You will do fine with this Deanna...but advice for the future is your weight is probably something to keep under wraps. As the pounds pile up...it is not bad to be horrified...embarrassed...and really not want to go there with others. You get to drive this car! And congrats on your progress...you look wonderful...and there is a big wonderful world waiting for you!!

Wish I was your age!!!

kathie

Last edited by 65X65; 03-02-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertflwr View Post
I think it is very easy to feel that way on such huge thread. People tend to respond to people they "know".

Maybe post your question separately, so it will stand out?
Separate threads are for questions that haven't already been asked/covered other places.

Personally, I respond to lots of people, including newcomers and folks who have been here for a while. Several of my recent responses are to people I don't "know".
Old 03-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #68  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I feel like my posts are mostly ignored lately. Probably just me, but it feels weird. I asked earlier up the thread if someone could tell me how to post a picture on here, or for any tips on posting a picture. I don't want to do it wrong, or have it show up too big. Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to do that?
I use photobucket for that. After you create an account, you can upload your pics. Once uploaded, then click edit, then the resize icon. You have to test out the different sizes until you find the size you like. Once you save it on the right of the photo it gives you options for sharing the photo. There you can copy the URL address and paste into you signature or profile.

If you want to do a side by side comparison, you may need to use another app or program to get the pics side by side before uploading. I use an app on my phone for doing that part, camerafx.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #69  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

I have done side by side using the free app PicStitch, but I have not perfected resizing pics on my iPad. Sometimes it says they are too big to upload onto 3FC.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Restricted vs. Unrestricted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I did IP in 2011 and NO WAY you could have 2 or 3 restricted! Are you sure that you are not confusing restricted with unrestricted? I could have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted ( after 2 weeks) or 3 unrestricted...

Schenectedy, you must be so excited!
On the sample menu for today, she has the following:

B: Pancakes/Crepe
L Chili
S: Peanut Caramel Soy Puffs

These all have the star behind them as restricted, both on her order sheet and on the one my friend sent me from her clinic. I have also discovered by comparing the sheets, that she has changed the amount of the supplements. It is clear the amounts have been covered over with white out and the amounts have been handwritten. Per the 2013 protocol sheet I should be taking them 3x a day and in greater quantities. This is what she has:

B: 1 multi + calcium
D: 1 calcium + 1 Potassium

On the side of her sheet it says that the Omega III is highly recommended but during our hour talk she never said anything about it. When I asked about the daily emails with the videos (my friend gets these) she said that they used to do that but most of the ladies were overwhelmed and they unsubscribed so they stopped sending them out.

My friend told me that there should be an MD associated with the clinic. One is listed on the website and I expected to see him, but I got the coach and a nurse practioner instead.

It seems to me that she is taking shortcuts and liberties with the program so she doesn't have to put out as much effort. I am very upset about this as this was a major decision for me, not to mention the expense. I was so upset about this last night it was hard to get to sleep.

Last edited by catlady1981; 03-02-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: To get email notification
Old 03-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #71  

Cat lady
There must be a person with some sort of medical-related license associated with the facility. It does not have to be an MD. Mine was a DC but the actual clinc was not his chiropractic clinic...it was a separate facility run by his wife (degree in education).

What concerns me most is that for whatever reason, your clinic has not stayed up-to-date in giving out the most recent info. Additionally, using three restricteds in one day was never part of the protocol.

I hope you've been able to find the most recent p1 sheet in the stickies (look toward the end) so at least YOU can have all the right info, even though the person you paid to provide it did not.

If you need help menu planning, head to the What Are You Eating thread. Lots of great info there.

It's hard to not be upset over this, I understand. Take a deep breath and know that there is some great support here. You'll succeed!

I hope you're planning to report all of this to IP corporate tomorrow.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-02-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Cat lady
There must be a person with some sort of medical-related license associated with the facility. It does not have to be an MD. Mine was a DC but the actual clinc was not his chiropractic clinic...it was a separate facility run by his wife (degree in education).

What concerns me most is that for whatever reason, your clinic has not stayed up-to-date in giving out the most recent info. Additionally, using three restricteds in one day was never part of the protocol.

I hope you've been able to find the most recent p1 sheet in the stickies (look toward the end) so at least YOU can have all the right info, even though the person you paid to provide it did not.

If you need help menu planning, head to the What Are You Eating thread. Lots of great info there.

It's hard to not be upset over this, I understand. Take a deep breath and know that there is some great support here. You'll succeed!

I hope you're planning to report all of this to IP corporate tomorrow.
Thanks Lisa. The sticky is where I originally obtained the 2013 Protocol sheet. And I have been checking and posting in the What are you Eating thread. It has been very helpful. You can bet I will be calling corporate about this. This site is amazing. All the support and advice is wonderful. Thanks for listening to my newbie rants.

The good news is that on my home scale I am down 4.3 lbs and I'm only 4 days in!! So I'm happy about that.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Happy weekend everyone! Haven't been on here for awhile. Looks like people are talking quest bars. I bought a couple to try last week. Had them for breakfast everyday as a restricted even thoigh a couple of them are on a fine line of being restricted and not. I got banana muffin and the peanut butter one. The all natural. Also cookies and cream and apple pie. All in all they are better microwaved for about 8 seconds. The downside is that they make me feel really bloated. I don't know why. only the peanut butter one doesn't do that to me. I am on week 8 and want to start cutting the cost of this program. Even though I will still get some of my favorites. Like the new BBQ unrestricted chips that are new. So good! Anyone had those yet?

Well haven't lost anything in the last two weeks. But it's been my TOM that usually lasts for around two weeks. I have endometriosis. Anyway hope everyone is having a great OP weekend. Spring is hopefully just around the corner!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
Happy weekend everyone! Haven't been on here for awhile. Looks like people are talking quest bars. I bought a couple to try last week. Had them for breakfast everyday as a restricted even thoigh a couple of them are on a fine line of being restricted and not. I got banana muffin and the peanut butter one. The all natural. Also cookies and cream and apple pie. All in all they are better microwaved for about 8 seconds. The downside is that they make me feel really bloated. I don't know why. only the peanut butter one doesn't do that to me. I am on week 8 and want to start cutting the cost of this program. Even though I will still get some of my favorites. Like the new BBQ unrestricted chips that are new. So good! Anyone had those yet?

Well haven't lost anything in the last two weeks. But it's been my TOM that usually lasts for around two weeks. I have endometriosis. Anyway hope everyone is having a great OP weekend. Spring is hopefully just around the corner!
The peanut butter supreme bar is one of the ones we determined really didn't fit IP. It is higher calorie and the fat is more than 30%

Other Quest bars that have fat over 30% of calories:
Mixed Berry, Peanut Butter & Jelly, White Chocolate raspberry, Chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla almond crunch

I'm not saying this to "correct" you, but just to make sure anyone else (esp newcomers) who reads about the bars realizes they are not all equal.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Jendilly - you are not being ignored. I would love to help but I'm not techie enough. I tried to add a photo to my profile and it kept failing so I gave up. I'm sure someone with the appropriate expertise will be able to help.
me too jendilly, I have tried to add my photo and it kept failing. I told Wuv to just "friend" me on Facebook lol
Closed Thread