When TOM arrives

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey all and Happy Friday Just wanted to see what you see on the scale, if anything, when TOM arrives. I have a friend who says she looses a few lbs before whereas I tend to gain a a few or stay the same. What has been your experiences? Have went up by a lb since last Saturday and started TOM today. WOuld love to hear others experience.
  • For me there is a gain the day before, and a loss the day after as the body lets go of the water. I am older so it is not as severe as it used to be.
  • My weight changes as much as 5 pounds during TOM. I creep up a few days before, stay steady for a day or two, then see a big drop in weight after the first 2 days.
  • so far i have only seen a drop (1lb) with mine and i started today too.
  • I always drop the day before and I have learned that that pound tends to come back again...
  • TOM came last night for me. I was hesitant to weigh this morning but did anyhow, it shows the same as yesterday. I never weigh myself during this time so was quite surprise to see it didn't go up a bit.
  • Glad it didn't go up Sunflower. Mine definitely went up a lb and I feel as if my stomach is protruding, especially in the lower region. Not to mention I have pretty horrendous TOMS to begin with because of a copper IUD. Between that and phase 1, I am feeling like crud today. I am planning on skiing tomorrow and already have the midol packed.
  • I usually gain 2-3 lbs right before/during, then lose (plus some more) at the end.
  • Quote: I usually gain 2-3 lbs right before/during, then lose (plus some more) at the end.
    I am hoping that this happens to me. I am up a pound and the scale has remained the same since last Saturday so I am praying to the scale gods that after a day or two of Tom the scale will move.
  • Quote: I usually gain 2-3 lbs right before/during, then lose (plus some more) at the end.
    Same here, and boy, am I looking forward to proper menopause & hopefully soon! I think we should all have hysterectomies when we are 12, but then I guess humans would die out in one generation. Too bad...

Liana
  • My TOM is around right now. I didn't have any weight gain until the 2nd day. Now the scale is moving down, but really slowly. I have to wait till the end to know my ACTUAL current weight.
    Just like you, I have a friend who loses a few pounds around TOM!
  • I go up but it's normally during the 5-7 days before - go figure. Then about 1-2 days after it starts, I lose that plus a little more. My coach has kind of figured out my cycle now and she has a star beside those weeks when it is off kilter due to TOM. The thing is that during those weigh ins, I have the best measurement results.
  • Quote: Same here, and boy, am I looking forward to proper menopause & hopefully soon! I think we should all have hysterectomies when we are 12, but then I guess humans would die out in one generation. Too bad...

Liana
  • All I, know was my TOM was 2 weeks ago, first since OP. I loss up till the day after I started. Then for the whole week I stayed the same, loss the day after I ended, then the C started so my body is still losing but I'm not seeing it on the scale due to the one after the other. But I can feel the difference in my clothes.
    Us as women just have to not let these things mess with our minds or we will absolutely go CRAZY lol
  • This will be first TOM since starting IP. My cravings- which had gone away - are back with a vengeance. I had talked to my coach about how to handle my PMS and she had recommended having the IP choc/raspberry bar on hand. I know it is there if I need it and can have a "treat" without going off program.