Too much magnesium?

• I have seen a lot of information about The Big C while on IP, but I am having issues with The Big D (for quite a few days, now). I am wondering if I should reduce the amount of magnesium. Any thoughts or suggestions?
  • i think the answer is - it depends. Is this new or have you had the problem since you started IP? If you've had it since you started taking the magnesium then cutting down for a bit and seeing what happens probably won't hurt.

If it's new I would suspect a problem with soy or some other ingredient. It looks like you've been OP for about 6 weeks and a lot of people have issues with digesting soy.

Of course, you should always check with your doctor if it persists. I started having problems and thought it was a soy allergy and then a stomach bug. Turns out I had some serious gut problems so a check with your doctor is probably in order.
  • Quote: I have seen a lot of information about The Big C while on IP, but I am having issues with The Big D (for quite a few days, now). I am wondering if I should reduce the amount of magnesium. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    It could be the type of mag. I belong to a group that gives much info about the rampant mag deficincy in our culture. There are many different tyes. You just may need to find one that suits you better than mag cit
  • Thanks for your support, Ruth Ann & Lisa! I talked to my coach and we are looking into some adjustments to see if I can figure it out.