Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Ruthann, loved your quote. Congrats on being so close to your goal

Shrinkingsusie, way to go with your rings going down half a size and wearing jeans one size smaller than you wore in high school. 2 great NVS's!

Sunflower - good luck on your interview tomorrow.

Myshylo, welcome, sounds like you are doing great for your first week. Keep it up.

Smallerin2014 - love your name. Congrats on 9 lbs

I haven't been around much, busy weekend and horrible stomach cramps for no real reason. Felt much better on Monday. Had smaller loses last two weeks and had to self talk to not sabotage and stay on track. Joined a weightloss challenge that lasts for 6 weeks at the gym, thought it would be fun to be part of a group. The winner gets 1,000 so if I win I can buy more IP.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
Thanks for your reply! I thought I might be missing a packet... I hope someone on here can provide some IP-approved suggestions to add to my lunch
Have you poured through the alternative Products thread? The first or second post has a summary of the exact IP equivalent nutritional stats you need when selecting packets from alternative sources. The pudding you cited fits. I suggest getting that info and reading the thread and taking notes on products that sound interesting to you. Nashua Nutrition is one popular place to order though others are also used.

As long as you have three packets (no more than one restricted per day) it doesn't matter what you have when... Pudding for lunch, bars for breakfast, chips for snack, chili, soup, whatever you want for whichever time you want it!

Keep asking questions and you will learn all you need to know! Welcome!!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Day One is tomorrow!

It's official. I'm ready, excited and a little scared. Most of you may already know this but my coach told me that both Ideal Protein and Protidiet are made by the same company. She found this out at the big weight loss convention they all go to every year. So she mixes them up in the 1st and 2nd week start bags and we have the option of buying those as well. In addition, they are are $1 cheaper per packet. I'm not sure how that compares to buying them directly from the Protidiet website, but I'm all for saving $$.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
It's official. I'm ready, excited and a little scared. Most of you may already know this but my coach told me that both Ideal Protein and Protidiet are made by the same company. She found this out at the big weight loss convention they all go to every year. So she mixes them up in the 1st and 2nd week start bags and we have the option of buying those as well. In addition, they are are $1 cheaper per packet. I'm not sure how that compares to buying them directly from the Protidiet website, but I'm all for saving $$.
I buy ProtiDiet from Nashua Nutrition and many items run $12-$18 for a box of 7 packets!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #65  
Started IP Feb. '04

S/C/G: 316.8/303.8/180

Height: 5'6''

Hello everyone. I am Courtney from New Orleans. I just started IP on 02/20/14. I have tried other diets in the past and am tired of the yo-yo. I am hoping that this will be the start to a finish of my weight loss journey. So far I am enjoying the diet and not finding it too difficult. Well, it is Mardi Gras here so I am missing out on my King Cake!!! The biggest problem I am having is the veggies. I do not like a lot of veggies and most of the ones I do like, I can't have. I go for my first WI tomorrow and am hoping for some additional motivation.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #66  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
Hello everyone. I am Courtney from New Orleans. I just started IP on 02/20/14. I have tried other diets in the past and am tired of the yo-yo. I am hoping that this will be the start to a finish of my weight loss journey. So far I am enjoying the diet and not finding it too difficult. Well, it is Mardi Gras here so I am missing out on my King Cake!!! The biggest problem I am having is the veggies. I do not like a lot of veggies and most of the ones I do like, I can't have. I go for my first WI tomorrow and am hoping for some additional motivation.
Welcome Courtney! I'm also in New Orleans! Feel free to pm me anytime!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #67  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
Look up in the recipe threads - lots of way to cook veggies or puree them. You should be able to find a way to enjoy them. And seriously, your tastes will change - I just discovered I love roasted okra! Never thought that would happen!

Nolasmurf - love the new pic!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:12 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I just mixed a strong cup of chai with the EAS French vanilla and blended it into a smoothie. O my goodness just like a chai latte! I'm thinking tomorrow I'll throw some spinach in there. Had a lazy day today, since I was up uber late after the concert. Something g triggered my anxiety and I had a panic attack about 2 am. Couldn't get calm enough to sleep then was up at 6am. :/

Planning on an early bed time tonight!
Nola did you find your anxiety worsened on ip. The reason I ask is that I deal with general anxiety daily and the occasional panic attack and have found that ideal protein can make it go through the roof! Is this something you have dealt with prior to joining...I hope you aren't offended at my asking
Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #69  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Kinda cool NSV...
I was talking about rings with a friend (one who is getting engaged soon we think) and she looked at my fingers (because I had just commented on buying a new purity ring) and she said "Deana!! Your fingers are so small!" and I really wish I had taken pictures of my hands before and after kind of deal, because my fingers really are shrinking!
To prove this, I started out by wearing a size 11 ring for many years... I decided since I was seriously considering this new purity ring, that I was going to get my ring finger sized at Walmart when I was there.... I asked the lady, and the first one she tried on was a little loose, so she dropped it a size, and low and behold, I am now a REGULAR size 8!!! I dropped 4 ring sizes! How crazy is that! I'm so glad that I didnt already have rings I needed to get re sized!

Had so many NSV's lately! I will have to take a picture of myself in the dress that I just got (Spanx are amazing) They shoved me into a size 16! I haven't been in a 16 in at least 10 years I think...
Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm jumping on the CALM bandwagon!

For those in the states, how much do you pay for the 16oz size? I'm seeing a wide range of prices between GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, etc.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good Morning.

For Christmas I got my husband tickets to see Phantom of the Opera in Chicago and today is the day. We are taking the late morning train up, and staying overnight. I already have the menu printed from the restaurant we have reservations at(probably have salmon because I save salmon for eating out) and have bars in my bag for the train ride so I do not get over hungry.

I bought the tickets for the last week of the show hoping that this close to March it would be warmer....not so, but since we have been dealing with this cold all winter, we will be fine.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #72  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Snow in the forecast for the next three days...yuck!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Nashua Nutrition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I buy ProtiDiet from Nashua Nutrition and many items run $12-$18 for a box of 7 packets!

Good morning everyone. Wow! That is quite a bit less! I'll have to take a look at that.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning! Snow in the forecast for the next three days...yuck!
Same here! Well today and then Sat-Mon. Darn groundhog!!

Week 3 "official" weigh-in is Friday....of course the scale hasn't moved once all week....not even 0.1 lb. Discouraging when I am 100% OP and drinking 80+ oz water a day....blah

Today's my interview....feeling confident but also have those nervous jitters!! Wish me luck!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Week 3 "official" weigh-in is Friday....of course the scale hasn't moved once all week....not even 0.1 lb. Discouraging when I am 100% OP and drinking 80+ oz water a day....blah
Stay off the scale between WI if expectations of daily movement discourages you. WL doesn't work that way.
Closed Thread