Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #46  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottnball2 View Post
I think you are missing a packet. The protocol is 3 packets per day, 1 being a restricted packet. I'm not sure about the brands you are using or if you have looked at calories/carbs/fats. But you have definitely come to the right place to find guidance!
Thanks for your reply! I thought I might be missing a packet... I hope someone on here can provide some IP-approved suggestions to add to my lunch
Old 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #47  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
agree, add a 3rd packet. I was under the impression that it didn't have to be a restricted. I mean, I always enjoy my restricted but sometimes I don't eat it and have an non-restricted. Also learned yesterday that its best to eat all your protein at one time, and in the evening. I had occasionally split mine up like you. We'll see how big of a change it really makes!
I thought about trying to eat all 8 oz. of protein at dinner, but that sounds like so much! I've been reading tons of posts on this site, and some people split their protein up and some eat it all at dinner.

Let me know how eating all 8 oz. at dinner vs. splitting it up works for you!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
I thought about trying to eat all 8 oz. of protein at dinner, but that sounds like so much! I've been reading tons of posts on this site, and some people split their protein up and some eat it all at dinner.

I've been OP since September and had occasionally (3-4 times a week) split my protein. It seemed to be ok for the past 75 pounds. If you've been reading, I made a coach switch who suggested eating all at once. So yes, I will keep you updated!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #49  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
I've been OP since September and had occasionally (3-4 times a week) split my protein. It seemed to be ok for the past 75 pounds. If you've been reading, I made a coach switch who suggested eating all at once. So yes, I will keep you updated!
Well, whatever you're doing, it's working! Congrats on your success so far!!

I was thinking about adding an IP-alternative chocolate pudding to my lunch... here is the nutrition info for the one I found:

80 calories
1g fat
3 net carbs (6g carbs - 3g fiber)
15g protein

Do you think this is an acceptable alternative to the IP pudding as my 3rd packet?
Old 02-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #50  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I generally eat a bit of protein (one hard boiled egg) at lunch. I then reduce my dinner down to 6oz (raw weight). Have done that most of the time since the beginning. I have experienced good losses while doing that.

For a while, I did do 1/2 at lunch and 1/2 at dinner and I don't recall my losses being as good, but there are too many factors (TOM, water intake, medications, etc) that go into how weight comes off during a week that I can attribute to the different protein split.

I had a lap band put in about 5 years ago (wish I could change that) and I had trouble at the beginning eating 8oz of protein in one sitting.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Well, whatever you're doing, it's working! Congrats on your success so far!!
Appreciate the support!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #52  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

There are days when I don't feel "done" after eating my veggies and soup and I have my pudding snack as lunch desert. Seems to be okay.
But those are the days when I know I won't be having a late dinner.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #53  

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody! Sorry I haven't been around much - bit of a shake up here at work has meant a little (lot) more work for me. Hopefully that will slow down a bit (ha!).

Went for my WI this morning and I'm down .6 (not going to say "only") so I'm at 5lbs lost between being on Phase 3 January 1st and going to Mexico, not too bad.

My coach informed me today that the clinic will be switching to the Pro Energy diet starting end of March-ish, they are actually getting some of the products in this week. I'm intrigued with the slight bit more flexibility in Phase 1 so we'll see. I did order some of their maple and brown sugar oatmeal (unrestricted) to try and it's been good, hoping the rest of their food is good. Although, I'll be close to goal then too - yippy!

Have a great day everyone!
Jo
Old 02-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #54  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssubert View Post
There are days when I don't feel "done" after eating my veggies and soup and I have my pudding snack as lunch desert. Seems to be okay.
But those are the days when I know I won't be having a late dinner.
Well, I'm missing a "packet" at lunch (ex: your soup), so I was thinking about having the pudding as my third packet. So, I would have 2 oz. of chicken, 2 cups of spinach, and a pudding (as my packet).

Do you think this nutritional info will fit within the IP requirements?

80 calories
1g fat
3 net carbs (6g carbs - 3g fiber)
15g protein

I'm thinking that this would be acceptable, but I'd like some opinions
Old 02-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #55  
Start date: 2/19/2014

S/C/G: 198/194/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
agree, add a 3rd packet. I was under the impression that it didn't have to be a restricted. I mean, I always enjoy my restricted but sometimes I don't eat it and have an non-restricted. Also learned yesterday that its best to eat all your protein at one time, and in the evening. I had occasionally split mine up like you. We'll see how big of a change it really makes!
No no no it absolutely doesn't have to be restricted! I should have said of the 3 packets, only 1 can be restricted, but doesn't have to be I'm the same way... Sometimes the hot chocolate just sounds better than the bar or the chips. Probably because it's been so cold here!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #56  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
Hey RosiePosie, Congratulations! Our height and starting weight are almost the same. I can't wait to hit 20 lbs lost Even with this bit of weight that I have lost I feel so much better.
Yay! A buddy!! At 20lbs, people are really beginning to notice now and some of my work dresses are actually getting rather flappy! And for the first time ever in, oh at least the last 10 years, I'm in the 160's. Whoop whoop! What's your goal weight? I put down 145 but I actually have no idea what I'm going to look like at that weight. Guess we will find out in the not so distant future!!

Good luck with your journey.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #57  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Just came back from my ob-gyn appt. lol they were quite shocked at my weight loss. My doc was pretty impressed and told me to be careful cuz she's had the majority of her paitents with extreme weight loss end up preggers within a year. I told her that how ya no I would be quite okay with that!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Just came back from my ob-gyn appt. lol they were quite shocked at my weight loss. My doc was pretty impressed and told me to be careful cuz she's had the majority of her paitents with extreme weight loss end up preggers within a year. I told her that how ya no I would be quite okay with that!
Thats awesome! Made me smile!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #59  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

We are experiencing typical Colorado weather. Yesterday afternoon it was 60 degrees within 1 - 1 1/2 hours the temp had fallen 30 degrees. Tonight we will have snow. I am ready for spring - but in Colorado we can get snow in April (sometimes even May).

Hope every one is doing well - it has been crazy busy and stressful at work so haven't been on here as much.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #60  

You all are great at supporting each other, love reading the form, learn so much. Thanks for all that everyone does. Have been working a lot, so have just been reading then going to bed. Hope all have a great week!!!!!!

Last edited by ssdlturtle; 02-25-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Closed Thread