Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:20 PM   #31  
Started IP 2/23/14

S/C/G: 242/231/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
SURPRISE of the day (No, not a NSV) - I woke up this morning feeling terrible after dealing with two days of the flu. I hear talking on the front porch and I am confused.

I get up and see my oldest son who is in the military based in Hawaii on his way to deploying the first of March. He was bored last night when they shut the power off in his barracks for maintenance, so he drove out to the airport and jumped on a plane! Six hours later, he showed up at his fiancées Starucks as a surprise. THen they came by here.

What made my very happy was being able to get up and throw on a pair of size 14 jeans, boots and come out looking great - it has been many pounds since I saw him so I was glad to feel strong and confident when I saw him.

He goes back tomorrow and I think both his fiancée and I will be sad = he will not be able to return until the wedding in October.
What a wonderful surprise!! And how proud you must feel - in so many ways!!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Today was closet cleaning day! I ended up with a big ol stack of size 20 pants and 2xl shirts. I posted on one of the Facebook groups I'm on and within 20 mins, someone had come to pick them up! Feels good to get them out of my house and no longer use them as a safety net. I have lost this weight and I REFUSE to ever see those sizes again!! Tomorrow is my 8th weigh in and I'm hoping to hit 30 pounds lost.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #33  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Super day for me. I went shopping and got size 12 pants and large tops!!! I can't remember the last time I wore a 12.

So excited. Just makes me want to continue losing and get into smaller sizes. I already feel so much better physically than I did 70+ pounds ago.

This is such a great plan. I love it. This is the most successful I have ever been on a diet. I am so determined to get to maintenance (I never got to maintenance on other plans or just figured I could do it myself)

Happy weekend everyone.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hello all, hope ya'll are well. Things are okay here. Personal issues are slowing becoming better. My honey and I have had a rough few weeks. But we are staying strong and moving past it all. I've been slipping, so today I am committing to 100%. One day at a time.

I've been reading the threads. Thank you to you ladies for being strong when I couldn't. :hugs:
Nolasmurf - I was 100% IP today and can relate to your post, Thank you for sharing!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Tomorow is a new day for me

Ok most of you know this week has been nothing more than an emotional roller coaster for me. With my grandpa passing away Monday and the visitation and funeral yesterday and today, I was a basket case to say the least.

We had a blizzard like no other thrusday and early Friday. And I had to decide to take the risk and make the trip to Iowa Friday not having a clear road condition report or leave early this AM.

I decided for all of us that leaving today would be best. We scooted out at 6:30am and got there at 10:15 or so and the service was over. I jumped out of our car because I seen the casket being brought out of the funeral home to the hurse. I just broke down. I walked in the door and unlce just hugged me to tight, then mom, dad, sis and cousins all came over. I went to find dh when my other unlce and mom were in the limo got out and opened the door for me to ride with them. We got to the cemetery and the shelter was up for us to go into out of the wind, I just cried I did not get to say good by, I did not get to see him one last time. my unlce and cousin just gave me the biggest hugs. I have a white rose from the flowers on the casket

At the luncheon I seen people who I have not seen in years. One NSV that came about all of this is the compliments on how good I looked

My moms oldest bro told me how beautiful I was (in all of their eyes my sis and I were and always will be beautiful and they always told us that all the time) and he thanked dh for taking care of me and the kids

and my unlce who is 6 years older than moi told me how good I lloked and there was a lot less of me than the last time he saw me

Then we made the rounds to other peoples houses for visits them home.

I am emotionally tapped out, I ate terrible and I feel like crud so off to bed for me
Old 02-23-2014, 01:56 AM   #36  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Sarahbell - sorry to hear about your emotional roller coaster week... You have a lot of support here, and I know you will be strong, and will be ok!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:58 AM   #37  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Just wanted to post a quick update.... I am the most blessed person on the planet... I havent felt this much gratitude in a very long time... Some people have really blessed me, including someone buying me some new clothes for professional development (interviews, networking, etc), and I feel great in my body currently, even though I know I have a long way to go still
Old 02-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #38  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Weird random question..

For the last few days my husband has been saying I smell differently. Lol he said my skin smells like deli meat... haha so random I know. I haven't switched body wash (except adding in my sugar collagen scrub) and I still shower daily. Could it be toxins leaving the body? I can't smell anything and I wouldn't even know what to research. Any help? Lol

Ps: Go Canada Go!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #39  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Weird random question..

Ps: Go Canada Go!
Well I missed all but the last five minutes of the first period but 5:30am is early enough to get up.... so far so good!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #40  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Deana - you are doing so great!

shrinkingsuzie - I'll bet the sugar scrub reminds him of ham cooking - there always seems to be a sugar smell when it's cooking (especially when done with a glaze that includes brown sugar or syrup, etc.).
Old 02-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #41  

I'm so used to the scale moving down regularly that I was a little surprised to see it go up almost two pounds yesterday and only come down half a pound this morning.... was a little annoyed but looked at the calendar and realized I may be PMS'ing... can't think of another reason... so as usual I'm just staying OP and we'll see what happens on Tuesday (my weigh in day)
Old 02-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #42  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

I did some googling and found some articles that said when you have too many ketones in the body you usually pee the excess out, but they can also come out through your pores causing a sweet smell. Guess I need to up my water so I pee more.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I did some googling and found some articles that said when you have too many ketones in the body you usually pee the excess out, but they can also come out through your pores causing a sweet smell. Guess I need to up my water so I pee more.
Interesting! Thanks for the info
Old 02-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #44  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Just wanted to post a quick update.... I am the most blessed person on the planet... I havent felt this much gratitude in a very long time... Some people have really blessed me, including someone buying me some new clothes for professional development (interviews, networking, etc), and I feel great in my body currently, even though I know I have a long way to go still
Aww...congrats Deana. Both on your progress and on having the savvy to feel and share your gratitude. I'm so happy for you. It's great when people see something in you that makes them want to help. Love that. Keep the spark. You go girl!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #45  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Super day for me. I went shopping and got size 12 pants and large tops!!! I can't remember the last time I wore a 12.

So excited. Just makes me want to continue losing and get into smaller sizes. I already feel so much better physically than I did 70+ pounds ago.

This is such a great plan. I love it. This is the most successful I have ever been on a diet. I am so determined to get to maintenance (I never got to maintenance on other plans or just figured I could do it myself)

Happy weekend everyone.
CONGRATS!! You've been working hard and I'm really happy for you that you're getting some positive reinforcement. I feel the same way. It's so wonderful to SUCCEED with this. I feel like it's changing my life as a whole, not just my weight. Keep it up!
Closed Thread