Old 02-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

I'm betting John will say it might be a function of calories in/calories out.
If you stall on weight watchers at 145 with exercise, then I would bet the calories are around 1450 (but certainly no lower than 1200?).
Depending on what you choose, p1 can be about 800 to 1000. A 500 calorie deficit is a pound a week.
What the combinations of vitamins, foods, & hormones do to increase or decrease metabolism that determines the calories burned, I don't know, but suspect that is part of the equation.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Thank you! I think you were right about the potassium keeping me hovering at 135. I took my supplements Friday evening and by Saturday I was down to 132! What a difference a day makes. Amazing. I am always terrible about taking them. I am feeling so much better. Three weeks tomorrow OP and I think I will stay on until I get to 125...was originally going to just do 30 days but figured that since I keep hovering between 135-140 when I really would like to be at 130 max, I should just get down to 125 so I have some cushion so I do not have to do reboots as often. Not to mention I am so close. How are you?
eandc I am terrible at taking mine too! maybe this is the answer??? I am going to be religious about it this week.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #33  

Good insight. I am loving learning all of this.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Eandc: In the book The Plan she says you can do a simple test for thyroid. Put a thermometer under your arm before you get up in the am. If the temp is below normal, you might have a thyroid deficiency. However, to be sure, I would get a blood test. I agree with the others about water retention and potassium being factors for retention. Hope you are feeling better.

Bellamack: It was good to see how you are doing. I hope your recovery from the two surgeries is going well. I agree with you..there are so many factors that can influence your metabolism ..and age is one of them. Keep your positive slow boat attitude!

John: I read your details. You have found a healthy lifestyle that works for you! Maintaining for two years is impressive! I like your informative honest posts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
eandc I am terrible at taking mine too! maybe this is the answer??? I am going to be religious about it this week.
I lost when I took the pot. because I was retaining water
Old 02-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Maile - Thank you, I am doing really well. You are someone I have followed for a few years, one of my idols. You did so well on the plan, but even better is that you have maintained.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #36  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
I'm betting John will say it might be a function of calories in/calories out.
If you stall on weight watchers at 145 with exercise, then I would bet the calories are around 1450 (but certainly no lower than 1200?).
Depending on what you choose, p1 can be about 800 to 1000. A 500 calorie deficit is a pound a week.
What the combinations of vitamins, foods, & hormones do to increase or decrease metabolism that determines the calories burned, I don't know, but suspect that is part of the equation.
Yes.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #37  

John what about a cheat meal to shake things up if you're not losing? what's your take on that?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #38  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
John what about a cheat meal to shake things up if you're not losing? what's your take on that?
You need to take the time to learn the difference between fat loss and weight loss for my answer to make sense.

My take is that you don't need to shake things up if you're not losing (in the context of the IP diet) because if you're following the plan you are losing fat, it's just that the scale is not reflecting it.

That said, a planned free meal can be a good break from a rigerous diet and can potentially cause retained water to be released. This is one reason I like "Rapid Fat Loss" over the IP diet.

Generally speaking though, you don't need to shake things up you just need patience. Easier typed than followed.

Hope this helps.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 PM   #39  

it does, patience is NOT my virtue, I need to learn that.
Thanks John
Old 02-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #40  

Yay for good advice! Thanks John