Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Congratulations for that thought process Calypso! Just think where you might me emotionally and weight wise if you HAD given in to that "screw it" impulse. Set waaaay back and working really hard to get back to where you were.

I have found over 6 months of this program that indeed the weight loss on the scale often has NOTHING to do with my virtue of staying OP or not. I can be so so careful, eating the conservative end of things and nothing goes down. Flat. Then times when I am eating the higher end, my weight falls.

What I have learned from this is that we need to just be danged good because it is good for us. The rewards WILL come, just not when and how we might want them to. We need to self-regulate - watch what we eat because that is the only way we will maintain our health over the long run.

Yes, the numbers on the scale can keep us a bit in check, but we need to develop a self discipline and thought process that keeps us on the even keel regardless of what the scale says.
Thanks. That is helpful advice. I weigh myself every day and use that almost exclusively to gauge my success. I need to remember the biggest focus needs to be on what I am eating and the results will come.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Hi all,

I'm new here. I go for my first visit to get signed up next Tuesday. I have a friend in Idaho who highly recommended this plan and she has lost 30lbs so far. I went to Walmart last night looking for WF products and couldn't find any. I am in Dallas, TX. I don't normally shop at Walmart so I'm not familiar with the way they lay out the store. Are all the diet products together? I couldn't find the EAS shakes either. I'd just like to supplement what I will be getting for IP and maybe at some point switch to Alternative items. This is my first post and I wasn't sure if I should ask here or in the Alternative thread. I love this site. I have gotten so much info. Thanks to all of you for posting all the great tips and ideas.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #108  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am PUSHING hard to get to Onederland which has been my big goal since the beginning, other than final goal. Just 3 more, 3 more, so close.
You're almost there! We'll all celebrate with you when you get there!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here. I go for my first visit to get signed up next Tuesday. I have a friend in Idaho who highly recommended this plan and she has lost 30lbs so far. I went to Walmart last night looking for WF products and couldn't find any. I am in Dallas, TX. I don't normally shop at Walmart so I'm not familiar with the way they lay out the store. Are all the diet products together? I couldn't find the EAS shakes either. I'd just like to supplement what I will be getting for IP and maybe at some point switch to Alternative items. This is my first post and I wasn't sure if I should ask here or in the Alternative thread. I love this site. I have gotten so much info. Thanks to all of you for posting all the great tips and ideas.
WF products can sometimes be hard to find. I don't recall anyone mentioning finding them at Walmart but that could very store to store.

I get mine at my regular grocery store in the produce section cool shelf area with other salad dressings. The jam spreads are with all jams and pancake syrup with syrups, ketchup with ketchups (that's all my store carries) so pretty much in the normal sections not diet area.

For EAS at Walmart mine has a section for protein drinks and bars (near the Pharmacy shelves.) check out the Pure Protein shakes they also carry. I like EAS but like Pure Protein a bit better!

Last edited by JLUS; 02-21-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #110  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default looking for WF products

Your coach should be able to tell you who sells WF in your neighborhood.
My coach stocks WF products, very handy. Several online sources too.

Good luck, keep working the program. Let us know how you're doing.

I stayed 100% OP for the first several weeks before experimenting with alternatives. It's what works for you.

Last edited by ssubert; 02-21-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hi all,

WF products are in the "organic" section of my Kroger. I looked at them there and decided against buying any.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

JLUS - Thanks so much for the help and the Walmart directions. I went back and there they were right in the pharmacy section like you said. I got the Chocolate EAS and the Vanilla Pure Protein. I'll compare and see which one I like. The EAS is almost $3 less than the PP.

SSuber - Looking at your ticker it seems that you are making great progress for such a short amount of time. Congrats! It's my intention to stick with IP products to start off, but I wanted to have a backup ready-to-drink in my arsenal for those occasional slacker moments that are bound to happen :-)

YippySue - I looked up the WF ingredients at the Vitacost website and once I saw the chemical cocktail of ingredients I decided to pass as well.

I have been doing the Paleo diet for the last year so sugar is not a big issue for me. I drink my coffee black and don't really do "desserts". Some of the puddings and drinks may be a shock for me because I am just not used to sweet things any more. My fruit intake was limited because I was low carbing as well. Mostly berries and only in season.

Thanks to all of you for your answers. I know I'm going to love it here.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good evening

just wanted to report weigh in #4 and I'm down 1.8 for a total of 9 lbs - I'm so happy with the way this program is working
Old 02-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
good evening

just wanted to report weigh in #4 and I'm down 1.8 for a total of 9 lbs - I'm so happy with the way this program is working
Excellent, keep it up!
Old 02-22-2014, 01:09 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. I began phase 1 on Monday at 229. I am down to 223.4, so 5.6lbs gone this week. I'm going to weigh in on Saturdays so I weighed early this week. Delighted with this. Have a great Saturday everyone.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:48 AM   #116  

S/C/G: S/C/G/: 264/193/170

Height: 5' 9"

Hello Everyone,

I started IP Diet in January of 2011. Since then I have put back approximately 23 lbs. Which is not too bad, yet not too good. I resuming IP on Monday the 24th.

I've tried a couple of times to lose the weight but had little success in doing so. I made the descision to brush myself off and start a new! So I'm committed to sticking to the diet and making it work.

It's will be tough! but I believe I can do it! Wish me luck...Will keep you posted.

Last edited by Sandy60; 02-22-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I weighed in last night and was up .5, but had a loss of .75 inches. We decided to start phasing me off. The coach thought it would be good for me, and I am excited to do this. I am the smallest I have been since my wedding almost 32 years ago and mentally I think I am ready for the challenge that is maintenance.
Closed Thread