3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The highlight of my Day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292935-highlight-my-day.html)

Staceyhay 02-18-2014 11:35 PM

The highlight of my Day

I am on the first day of my 5th week and have lost 14.6 pounds. The highlight of my day is the chocolate pudding that I make into a waffle. I had it last week and chose it again this week. I want to get to a point where I just eat for nourishment and not because I want to. I'm still dreaming of treats so this waffle is just what I need. :)

Sopra2 02-19-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staceyhay (Post 4946657)
I am on the first day of my 5th week and have lost 14.6 pounds. The highlight of my day is the chocolate pudding that I make into a waffle. I had it last week and chose it again this week. I want to get to a point where I just eat for nourishment and not because I want to. I'm still dreaming of treats so this waffle is just what I need. :)

Congratulations...I tried making a waffle last week and it was amazing so I made another one this week. Celebrating the journey with you.

Judith

Ruth Ann 02-19-2014 08:23 AM

Congrats on the loss staceyahy - that is wonderful!

And isn't it exciting to find ways to cook that really satisfy? I think a huge lesson we learn on P1 is that food doesn't have to be carb, sugar, etc. laden to be good. Finding new ways to cook packets, veggies, meat, etc. that really satisfy us is a great way to start changing our habits and tastebuds!

TwoTots 02-19-2014 08:40 AM

My favorite is the mock french toast with WF pancake syrup. It's really filling and feels like a treat. I've tried making waffles but I had to throw out my waffle maker, a total mess. What are your tips for making a decent waffle from the packs? Do you oil your waffle plates first, high temperature or low temperature. I'd love to try a waffle.

ColoradoCarol 02-19-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoTots (Post 4946842)
My favorite is the mock french toast with WF pancake syrup. It's really filling and feels like a treat. I've tried making waffles but I had to throw out my waffle maker, a total mess. What are your tips for making a decent waffle from the packs? Do you oil your waffle plates first, high temperature or low temperature. I'd love to try a waffle.

How do you make mock French Toast? I love French Toast.

stubbornostrich 02-19-2014 09:38 AM

Way to go stacey! 14.6 lbs down is a great accomplishment. I also cannot wait until my mind shifts from wanting and thinking about food all the time. I know the farther into this journey I go the easier it will be, we just need to stick with it.

Staceyhay 02-19-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoTots (Post 4946842)

How do you make French toast? I do spray the waffle plates before I cook them. I also use the med/high temp. It took a few times before I got the hang of it and now they come out perfect. Good Luck!

TwoTots 02-19-2014 11:51 AM

For Staceyhay and ColaradoCarol
Mock french toast
This is a Sven Stevens' recipe
Half a courgette finely grated into a bowl, add cheese omlette pack (I can't get plain omlette here in Holland) mix together. Add 2 egg whites mix until a batter is formed. Add a splash of vanilla essence,cinnamon, salt, pinch of baking powder.
Heat a little oil in the frying pan
Pour a third of the batter in, let it cook flip and cook until it's browned.
Repeat 2 more times. Serve with Walden Farms pancake syrup.
Yum.

Staceyhay 02-19-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoTots (Post 4947015)
For Staceyhay and ColaradoCarol
Mock french toast
This is a Sven Stevens' recipe
Half a courgette finely grated into a bowl, add cheese omlette pack (I can't get plain omlette here in Holland) mix together. Add 2 egg whites mix until a batter is formed. Add a splash of vanilla essence,cinnamon, salt, pinch of baking powder.
Heat a little oil in the frying pan
Pour a third of the batter in, let it cook flip and cook until it's browned.
Repeat 2 more times. Serve with Walden Farms pancake syrup.
Yum.

Thank you!!! :)