Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #31  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Love reading all of the successes, and also the confessions, too. That's what's so great about this place. People are always willing to celebrate with you, and also pick you up, dust you off, give you advice and encouragement...and help you move on.

I could use a little quick advice. I went to bed last night not feeling so great. Couldn't warm up, felt a little light-headed. Woke up in the night with a sore throat and my ears a little plugged. This morning, my nose is a bit plugged, too. I can't get sick now...I'm flying to Arizona tomorrow and then doing a bit of driving to tour some college campuses with my daughter. I could use some remedies that are IP compliant! What do you do to zap a cold? In the past, it's been Alka-Seltzer Cold, Dayquil, Emer-gen C and some hot tea as my go-to's. I need to kill this bug quickly!
When I got a cold a bout a month ago I drank A LOT of hot herbal decaf tea. I also took Airborne. I saw that others take DayQuil. I also saw that some people take sugar free cough drops but I didn't because the Splenda adds up and can have an adverse affect on IP. I can't take cold meds as could counteract my seizure meds (I had two seizures 7 years ago and I take meds so I will never have them again.)

Good luck. Maybe when you get to Arizona it will evaporate in the nice warm air.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Is anyone else feeling a little blue that they didn't get to join in with everyone else and eat something bad on valentines day? I feel better now that the day is over but am still feeling a little down about it. However my boyfriend and I have a fun filled day planned for tomorrow and it doesn't always have to be about food. But it would have been fun to get all dressed up and go out last night rockin my new weight at a restaurant. I know you can go out to eat and stay OP but I don't see the point because my bf is a great griller at home. I know I should feel proud for staying OP for so log and my losses. But with some of these holidays it's a little hard.

Last edited by SarahJ86; 02-15-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:14 PM   #33  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

1st WI today, 8 lbs down! Good to know that it is working. I avoided the scale all week because I didn't want to be discouraged by the numbers. It was such a relief to see a loss this morning because I hadn't noticed any difference in my clothes.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
Is anyone else feeling a little blue that they didn't get to join in with everyone else and eat something bad on valentines day? I feel better now that the day is over but am still feeling a little down about it. However my boyfriend and I have a fun filled day planned for tomorrow and it doesn't always have to be about food. But it would have been fun to get all dressed up and go out last night rockin my new weight at a restaurant. I know you can go out to eat and stay OP but I don't see the point because my bf is a great griller at home. I know I should feel proud for staying OP for so log and my losses. But with some of these holidays it's a little hard.
It is all about the attitude. We choose how we feel about this. We can feel victorious or blue.. It's up to us.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Love reading all of the successes, and also the confessions, too. That's what's so great about this place. People are always willing to celebrate with you, and also pick you up, dust you off, give you advice and encouragement...and help you move on.

I could use a little quick advice. I went to bed last night not feeling so great. Couldn't warm up, felt a little light-headed. Woke up in the night with a sore throat and my ears a little plugged. This morning, my nose is a bit plugged, too. I can't get sick now...I'm flying to Arizona tomorrow and then doing a bit of driving to tour some college campuses with my daughter. I could use some remedies that are IP compliant! What do you do to zap a cold? In the past, it's been Alka-Seltzer Cold, Dayquil, Emer-gen C and some hot tea as my go-to's. I need to kill this bug quickly!
Vitamin C, echinacea and zinc....always seem to work for me. IP compliant. Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Vippysue; 02-15-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #36  

Hi All, I am completely new to forums. Any advice would be great.

I am considering the IP Plan for weight loss and have questions. I hope I can find answers here.

1. I have a friend who has had great success with IP. She said something about this plan resets your body and if you are in remission from cancers that the plan can retrigger the cancer. Does any one have information on this?

2. Does this plan have to be run by a doctor? I have not yet had a consultation with a physician.

3. I had a small stroke in 2012, but, don't see any reason why this fact should affect me using this plan. Any thoughts? Obviously a question for the doctor.

I am 47, 5' 9 1/2" and weigh 215. I would like to get down to around 150-160.

Thank you inadvance for any help!

SQZ
Old 02-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Didn't bother me even a little bit....I just keep thinking about spring and summer clothes, how I'm going to get new ones, in much smaller sizes, and ROCK them.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Nope, whatever it was, it will be there tomorrow and the next day and the next year. All this food does not go away, but my fat is going away because I did not partake. Then when I am maintenance I can chose carefully when I want to partake.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #39  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!!
I havent been on here in forever (ok, 2 weeks isnt forever, but it seems like it!)
This week has been so stressful! Interestingly enough, my habits of not being able to eat when I'm stressed came back... I somehow lost 7.6 lbs last week.... Which is now an 83 lb loss.... I'm so happy to see 250 on the scale!! I never dreamed 5 months ago I'd ever see that number again!
I have not had any problems turning down cookies, brownies, candy, etc this week either... so that makes me happy!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Am I wrong in thinking these are an unrestricted? 120 cal, 8g net carbs, 15g protein, 105 cal from fat...

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...dar-7-box.html

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:38 PM   #41  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQZ1 View Post
Hi All, I am completely new to forums. Any advice would be great.

I am considering the IP Plan for weight loss and have questions. I hope I can find answers here.

1. I have a friend who has had great success with IP. She said something about this plan resets your body and if you are in remission from cancers that the plan can retrigger the cancer. Does any one have information on this?

2. Does this plan have to be run by a doctor? I have not yet had a consultation with a physician.

3. I had a small stroke in 2012, but, don't see any reason why this fact should affect me using this plan. Any thoughts? Obviously a question for the doctor.

I am 47, 5' 9 1/2" and weigh 215. I would like to get down to around 150-160.

Thank you inadvance for any help!

SQZ
Please verify all this stuff with a doctor/the clinic that runs IP in your area:
1. I did read on some IP literature that the diet can trigger cancer cell growth for estrogen dependent cancers in those whose cancer is in remission. That doesn't have to do with the pancreas reset but with the speed of the fat loss, and the fact that estrogen is stored in fat cells and thus circulates to be used as fuel when on IP or similar diet.
2. The plan does not have to be run by an MD or DO, but US clinics typically have some kind of medical person related to the clinic (chiropractor, nurse, etc) although your coach may have no medical background at all.
3. I have not read anything at all related to the diet and stroke, so yeah, that is a good one for your doctor.

Your IP clinic will have some doctor specific literature that they can give you to show your doctor before you officially sign up. It is basically a medium protein, low (not no) carb, low fat diet and the packets have soy, whey, egg, wheat, gelatin among the ingredients as well as sucralose and acesulfame-K.

In the event the cancer part is a showstopper for you, maybe you could work with a dietician to plan a lower carb (lower than you eat now) and/or lower calorie diet that would allow you to safely lose weight without impacting estrogen impacted cancer status.

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Am I wrong in thinking these are an unrestricted? 120 cal, 8g net carbs, 15g protein, 105 cal from fat...

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...dar-7-box.html

Thanks!
As long as the cutoff for unrestricted is 8 or below, this looks OK.
By the way, I read the fat as 4g and not 105 calories. From the link it said calories from fat are 35.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
As long as the cutoff for unrestricted is 8 or below, this looks OK.
By the way, I read the fat as 4g and not 105 calories. From the link it said calories from fat are 35.
Calories from fat ARE 35 then multiply times 3 (105) the ensure calories from fat are not over 1/3 of the total calories. This one is fine on calories/fat and right at the border for us restricted carbs.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Calories from fat ARE 35 then multiply times 3 (105) the ensure calories from fat are not over 1/3 of the total calories. This one is fine on calories/fat and right at the border for us restricted carbs.
Right, sorry...I should have clarified where the 105 came from. Thanks! I think these look like a great lunch option..salad croutons anyone?
Old 02-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I'm sorry, I'm missing the shortcut math.
30% of 120 calories is 36.
The item needs to have no more than 36 calories from fat.
Item has 4g of fat (which must be rounded up as 4g Fat x 9cal/gram=36)
Product says 35 calories from fat.
35 is less than 36 so product is OK.
So, to use the shortcut to come up with the same conclusion, what am I comparing 105 to? 120?

Thanks for repeating this for me.
Closed Thread