Serial dieter.. trying IP.. but I'm sooo HUNGRY!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Maile - I thought decaf tea counted as water? Have I been wrong all these months?
    Ruth Ann, I have never been counting decaf herbal tea as water. That just be my "thing". I make sure I have 84 oz of water and then tea is an addition. Part of the issue, is I am always so cold in my office (combination between having less "insulation" and that our office is cold), so I have a cup of hot tea and a glass of water on my desk at all times. I drink them in tandem.
  • Jamswiss

I use a splash of the premade IP vanilla shakes in my tea for creamer (I've used the powdered shake as well, just make sure you mix it with water first and don't put the powder directly into your coffee!). My coach said it won't affect my weight loss and I just can't drink tea without whitener!
  • Quote: Ruth Ann, I have never been counting decaf herbal tea as water. That just be my "thing". I make sure I have 84 oz of water and then tea is an addition. Part of the issue, is I am always so cold in my office (combination between having less "insulation" and that our office is cold), so I have a cup of hot tea and a glass of water on my desk at all times. I drink them in tandem.
    Thank Carol. I suspect in my case it doesn't make much difference since I get a ton of water in anyway but it's always fun to see how much I can overflow the little water tracker on MFP!
  • Tobi - give it a couple of weeks and you might enjoy the things you dislike. After being on IP for months I finally caved and RE-tried IP packs that originally made me gag. Some turned into my new favorites and others I still couldn't touch. Good Luck!!
  • Quote: Maile - I thought decaf tea counted as water? Have I been wrong all these months?
    Decaf & Herbal teas do count as water, it is just the caffeinated teas that don't. At least that is what my coach told me back in 2011
  • Quote: Thank Carol. I suspect in my case it doesn't make much difference since I get a ton of water in anyway but it's always fun to see how much I can overflow the little water tracker on MFP!
    I've been on IP since the first of October and always had a big glass of water at breakfast, but the rest of the day I only drink lots of decaf iced tea. Hasn't made a difference in my weight losses but I guess I've really been doing it wrong. I think I'll start doing mostly water instead just in case I am messing something up inside.
  • Coach told me 16 ounces of non caf. Herbal tea can count toward your water.