3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Last 10 pounds..need help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292774-last-10-pounds-need-help.html)

Nean 02-13-2014 08:13 PM

Last 10 pounds..need help

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting although I have been an avid follower for the past nine months. I am close to reaching my goal but have found that my weight loss has really slowed down. It was never very quick to begin with but now at the rate I'm loosing it will be another two or three months before I lose the last ten pounds. I lose a pound, the gain a half then stall for two weeks then lose another pound etc etc etc. My eating has been the same except I have increased my exercise more. Can anyone share their experiences losing the last ten and did your weight lost feel like it came to an almost screeching halt?

Thanks in advance!

lisa32989 02-13-2014 08:15 PM

I've seen LOTS of people take extra time to lose the last 10
If your weight is still going down, what's the concern?
I've been stalled basically since early Fall

want2bskinnyagain 02-13-2014 08:20 PM

I am not close to my last 10lbs but I want to say keep going, don't give up. You have come so far. I have heard that the closer to your goal you are the smaller the weightloss. Try to remember progress is still progress know matter how small.

What about talking to your coach, they might be able to help? Have you been having "little cheats" here and there? Is you water consumption enough? Just some thoughts, good luck on the last 10lbs.

Bellamack 02-13-2014 08:25 PM

Are you having extra protein for the increase in exercise? you may need it! Congrats on your Weight Loss :)

Nean 02-13-2014 08:58 PM

Thanks everyone,

Yes I am drinking all my water, eating one extra protein pac for the exercise and yes a little cheating. I have been having one day a week of more protein and extra fat kinda the low carb thing. No extra carbs other than allotted veggies. I guess I feel like I'm hitting the wall and the cost of the protein is starting to get a bit old. Although I am very grateful that I have been able to afford it all this time. Quitting is not an option, I guess I just need to rearrange my thinking and keep plugging along. :dizzy:

infoplease 02-13-2014 10:19 PM

My last about 10 lbs took 7 weeks. I was exercising 6 days a week and doing the extra packet thing. My slowest week was down 1 and my best was down 2. (for perspective, the previous 10 took 6 weeks)
I remember starting to select some higher calorie choices--specifically the pre-made mango drink for pre-work out and the strawberry wafers (which had just come out). Another choice for you could be to go to phase 2 or some kind of every other day mix of p1 and p2. You should still be in ketosis but maybe the changing in calories will confuse your body to lose more weight. Get the full 2 teaspoons of oil -- uncooked -- each day. Also, really mix up your vegetable and protein choices, and the protein sources of your packets (some whey, some soy, some mixed). Sometimes it helps to think, OK, if I phase off now, what's going to change? You still need to prepare food, you still need to eat, etc. I started to phase off before goal (a week of p2, I think) and it gave me a chance to realize I really did want to finish what I started, which took over two months from that point. It's going to be just as much mental work to maintain at 125 as at 134. Maybe start planning for your phase off meals. Sometimes that's a scary leap that can keep you content with p1.

patns 02-13-2014 10:26 PM

Some people switch over to phase 2 when the very slow progress of the last 10 pounds kicks in. That was the way the program was originally set out, you went on phase 2 when you had lost about 90% of your weight.I have seen people whose loss rate picked up when they did that.

sekc14 02-13-2014 11:10 PM

On WW a woman who had stalled for a long time came up with a pattern of eating more on certain days that resulted in kick starting her weight loss again. That was 5 yrs ago but I think it was Susan method of WW

ecdcslim 02-13-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nean (Post 4943403)
Thanks everyone,

Yes I am drinking all my water, eating one extra protein pac for the exercise and yes a little cheating. I have been having one day a week of more protein and extra fat kinda the low carb thing. No extra carbs other than allotted veggies. I guess I feel like I'm hitting the wall and the cost of the protein is starting to get a bit old. Although I am very grateful that I have been able to afford it all this time. Quitting is not an option, I guess I just need to rearrange my thinking and keep plugging along. :dizzy:

You have 9 lbs, can you stop cheating? Commit to stay 100% OP for the next 4 weeks, no matter what? Eat your extra packet only on those days you work out? EAS Carb Advantage shakes are usually $2 each, as are Quest bars so can you substitute if money's an issue? Also, what I'm just realizing is that I will eat "protein" like I have on IP for the rest of my life. 4 oz of cod, swail, tilapia all have 20 grams of protein and 70 calories. You can do this without paying $5 a meal just for the protein. Hang in there.

Nean 02-14-2014 10:06 AM

Wow, thanks again everyone. Some really good advice. I will incorporate these suggestions and hang in there. :)

willsea 02-14-2014 11:14 AM

Simply for reference it took me 10 weeks to lose 30Lbs and 13 weeks to lose the last 10lbs. Once I was 30Lbs down I was at the top of the normal BMI range. The last 10lbs nearly broke my sprit. Hang in there, switch things up.

vtcowgirl 02-14-2014 06:30 PM

You can do it! Have you tried the ice chips candy? That works as a great on-plan treat for when you need a pick me up! They have a website, I believe it is icechipscandy.com. Mmm!