Water Consumption

• I have a water consumption question.

I went to weigh in today and I met with a new coach at the clinic (she isnt new, I just haven't ever met with her)

Anyway, I was saying that I thought I would have lost more considering this is the end of my 3rd week and I can honestly say I have not cheated once

She went through my diary day by day and said I am following everything to a T and I am still loosing weight, just slower.

At the end she says, are you getting enough water and I had my water bottle in my hand and I said 'yeah' I drink at least 5 of these a day. She says NOOOOO, you should be drinking 2x that amount. She pointed to my IP diary and said for each box, that it equals one 'regular' bottle of water.

I was checking off 2 boxes for a full bottle of water. But... in the little box it says 8oz, well my water bottle has 16oz of water - so am I right in checking two.

I am confused now, and my regular coach is gone for another week ....
  • Quote: I have a water consumption question.

I went to weigh in today and I met with a new coach at the clinic (she isnt new, I just haven't ever met with her)

Anyway, I was saying that I thought I would have lost more considering this is the end of my 3rd week and I can honestly say I have not cheated once

She went through my diary day by day and said I am following everything to a T and I am still loosing weight, just slower.

At the end she says, are you getting enough water and I had my water bottle in my hand and I said 'yeah' I drink at least 5 of these a day. She says NOOOOO, you should be drinking 2x that amount. She pointed to my IP diary and said for each box, that it equals one 'regular' bottle of water.

I was checking off 2 boxes for a full bottle of water. But... in the little box it says 8oz, well my water bottle has 16oz of water - so am I right in checking two.

I am confused now, and my regular coach is gone for another week ....
    The water requirement is at least 64 oz of water per day. That is 8 - 8oz glasses of water. I just checked my P1 sheet and in bold at the top it says "minimum of 64 oz of water per day". That is 8 glasses.
  • Oy! Poorly trained coach's strike again. I always checked 2 for a 16 oz glass. I believe minimum is 80 oz a day.
  • Quote: The water requirement is at least 64 oz of water per day. That is 8 - 8oz glasses of water. I just checked my P1 sheet and in bold at the top it says "minimum of 64 oz of water per day". That is 8 glasses.
    Thanks Carol! There ya go I was looking for the p1 sheet
  • Thank you, Thank you..

I have been drinking the right amount all along, sometimes a bit more.
    I am glad I asked, if not - tomorrow I would be drinking a minimum of 10 bottles of water.
  • Quote: Thank you, Thank you..

I am glad I asked, if not - tomorrow I would be drinking a minimum of 10 bottles of water.
    I try to drink more than 64 oz per day - sometimes I am able to - other days just get the 64. I also drink 2-4 cups of herbal decaf hot tea a day. I usually have a cup of hot tea on my desk and water at the same time because the water makes me cold and the hot tea counteracts that.
  • Quote: Thank you, Thank you..

Just as a personal choice I shoot for 100oz a day. But like I said personal choice. I suffer from extremely dry skin in the winter (heated air) and e water seems to help. I also drink several cups of coffee a day so I add extra.
  • I'm with Nola. I have a 24oz tervis tumbler and drink 2 full cups of it before and after lunch. Plus coffee and any additional tea during the day.