3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292686-ip-daily-chat.html)

lisa32989 02-11-2014 06:29 AM

IP Daily Chat

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

nacygirl1 02-11-2014 06:40 AM

I'm OP with alternatives. I couldn't stand my coach who didn't give a crap about me. I'd rather have that extra cashola in my pocket. The Alternative food is just as good if not better than IP food. I bought myself an Omron scale that measures weight & BMI and I am good to go :carrot:

As of today I am down 25 lbs!!

My list I bought from Nashua Nutrition is as follows:

Honey Nut Soy Cereal (yum!)
Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (yum!)
Bacon & Cheese Omelette (mmm...mmm...good!)
Plain Pancakes (i added vanilla extract, cinnamon and 1 stevia packet to the mix)
BBQ Protein Crisps (spicey sweet...yum)
Chipotle Protein Crisps (spicey!...yum)
White Cheddar Protein Crisps (i use them like croutons...yum)
Chicken Noodle Soup (taste like Liptons...yum)
Chocolate Fudge Cake Desert (OMG Delish!!)
Healthsmart Caramel Crunch Protein Bars (DA BOMB...mmm mmm mmm!)

The Vanilla Pudding I haven't tried yet but I will post if I like them or not after I eat them

Hoped this list helped some newbies with their alternative choices and maybe got some of you thinking about going alternative.

Vippysue 02-11-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nacygirl1 (Post 4941202)
I'm OP with alternatives. I couldn't stand my coach who didn't give a crap about me. I'd rather have that extra cashola in my pocket. The Alternative food is just as good if not better than IP food. I bought myself an Omron scale that measures weight & BMI and I am good to go :carrot:

Plain Pancakes (i added vanilla extract, cinnamon and 1 stevia packet to the mix)

The Vanilla Pudding I haven't tried yet but I will post if I like them or not after I eat them

Hoped this list helped some newbies with their alternative choices and maybe got some of you thinking about going alternative.

This is a consideration for me! Thanks for posting...

Vippysue 02-11-2014 07:16 AM

Yes, yes, yes! Down 3 lbs this week. I start week 5 today.

When I went to buy my food yesterday, I learned a few things.
1. I blend ice, water and packets in my Magic Bullet. I was told that that was not a good idea because it destroys the protein. Go figure. I would have never thought of that.
2. I can sign up for a coach forever here for $85, as long as I'm buying IP food. Wow. I originally investigated and learned about IP in VA and they wanted more than 4x that amount. I had thought those fees were the same everywhere.

So now I am waffling....should I go get the coach to help me loose faster, or at the other extreme go on alternative. Heard the Quest bars are "dangerous" so I want to stay away from them.

Anyway, yesterday I just started to feel thinner, like the weight fell off the night before. Such a great feeling....I'm on my way.

bluegingham 02-11-2014 07:42 AM

My coach had this posted...

It will hurt.
It will take time.
It will require dedication.
It will require will power.
You will need to make healthy decisions.
It requires sacrifice.
You will need to push your body to its max.
There will be temptation.
But I promise you, when you reach your goal;
It's worth it!

shrinkingsusie 02-11-2014 07:52 AM

Good morning IPeeps!

Work until noon then my husband and I are making a 6 hour round-trip to Ottawa so he can check out a car... It better be a darned good deal! :p

Hope everyone has a great day!

stephascope 02-11-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegingham (Post 4941246)
It will hurt.
It will take time.
It requires sacrifice.
It's worth it!

Love this! Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

Steppy1974 02-11-2014 08:49 AM

Happy Tuesday!

I have been down in the dumps for about 4 days now. I've had this sour stomach that doesn't seem to go away. I feel like just eating a ton to see if the feeling will ease up but I don't I just carry on. Would it be the diet that is causing this? I may break down and go to the doctor to find out what is going on.

How is everyone doing? Staying warm, I hope. My sister texted me this morning, they have a snow day. I told her it must be nice but then again, I wouldn't trade my Florida winter in for any snow days.

Have a great day!

Steppy1974 02-11-2014 08:58 AM

Oh! I wanted to ask what is a good alternative for the NoviCleanse? think that's the only thing I haven't done as far as following the phase one. I take all the suppliments.

sweetenuf 02-11-2014 09:10 AM

Good Morning everyone!! Tomorrow is week 4 WI :) After tomorrow my coach and I have decided because I have done so well with staying 100% OP that we are going to move my WIs to every 2 weeks.
NSV today....I bought new panties yesterday, being courageous I bought a size 9. Ones I had to buy in Nov were 11. The 9's fit this morning!!

PurpleMomster 02-11-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegingham (Post 4941246)
It will hurt.
It will take time.
It requires sacrifice.
It's worth it!

This is good, thanks for sharing it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4941250)
Good morning IPeeps!

Work until noon then my husband and I are making a 6 hour round-trip to Ottawa so he can check out a car... It better be a darned good deal! :p

Hope everyone has a great day!

6 hours??? Yup, better be good :) A friend's husband drove to California and back for his "baby", lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steppy1974 (Post 4941285)
Happy Tuesday!

I have been down in the dumps for about 4 days now. I've had this sour stomach that doesn't seem to go away. I feel like just eating a ton to see if the feeling will ease up but I don't I just carry on. Would it be the diet that is causing this? I may break down and go to the doctor to find out what is going on.

How is everyone doing? Staying warm, I hope. My sister texted me this morning, they have a snow day. I told her it must be nice but then again, I wouldn't trade my Florida winter in for any snow days.

Have a great day!

Is it possible you have a stomach bug of some kind? There are so many different things going around right now. The other possibility is that you are reacting to the soy or something in the IP packets. But yes, if it continues, I'd get it checked out.

Good morning everyone! Today is WI day, crossing my fingers and toes to see some of the Mexico weight come off - I need to get back into the running for the Biggest Loser challenge at work :D

I have to tell you all about 2 great meals I've had recently: last night for supper, I made a stir fry with some cut up steak and IdealProteinNewbie's teriyaki sauce (soya, WF pancake syrup, garlic, ginger, seasoning salt) and had it with roasted broccoli - yum, yum, yum! Then, yesterday I realized I had counted wrong and didn't have a packet for breakfast this morning so while at the store last night re-stocking the veggies, I picked up a container of "omelet veggies" - cut up mushrooms, zucchini, peppers and red onions (didn't use the last one) and made up an omelet with egg whites and 1 cup of those veggies - another yum, yum, yum! Very happy with those.

When I went to WI last week, my coach told me that my original coach is coming back from mat leave in March, only working 2 days a week and asked if I wanted to go back to seeing her. I had to think for a bit but I'm happy with my current coach - she seems to be more "open" to new ideas and more encouraging and to be honest, I've seen her longer than I had seen the other one. I hope my original coach doesn't take it personally. Besides, my current coach changes her hair colour pretty much weekly and I kind of like that creativity :D

Have a great day!
Jo

Ruth Ann 02-11-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetenuf (Post 4941302)
Good Morning everyone!! Tomorrow is week 4 WI :) After tomorrow my coach and I have decided because I have done so well with staying 100% OP that we are going to move my WIs to every 2 weeks.
NSV today....I bought new panties yesterday, being courageous I bought a size 9. Ones I had to buy in Nov were 11. The 9's fit this morning!!

:woohoo: for smaller panties! Good going! Feels good to throw all the big ones away, doesn't it?

calee 02-11-2014 09:19 AM

Sweet, new panties is a big victory!

Nacygirl, I am thinking of placing a Nashua order. Are any of those restricted products?

Question about Quest bars. Why are they considered dangerous? Do they stall weightloss? I have been eating them for 4 years and helped with my weightloss as a meal replacement. I never crave them or want to go back for seconds. Should I be avoiding them?

I woke up retaining fluids like crazy. I got in my fluids yesterday. my rings won't go on. My scale is up a pound. Is this normal for some people?

Steppy, I'm sorry you're feeling down in the dumps. Good job hanging in there.

jendilly 02-11-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nacygirl1 (Post 4941202)

This is a great list, very descriptive. I want to save it somewhere for if/when I decide to go with alternatives. Can you tell me what the cost for a box is and how many you get? I'm good with the IP way for now, but just thinking ahead if I want to make a switch or maybe add in some of these and reduce how many IP ones I get. Thanks for sharing.

Tigerlvr52 02-11-2014 10:34 AM

So yesterday I had planed on eating one of my pure protein bars at work for my snack, well found out I had left it on my counter at home. I ran to the closest gas station and they had an Adkins bar that was pretty close to op just a little over calories, which I made up for by not eating beef last night. But oh my my my with in minutes.... so gassy. It was aquard to say the least. Today I packed 2 of my bars one for my actual snack and one to keep in my drawer for days like yesterday. Never again Adkins bar never again.